PDA

View Full Version : FANFEST 2007..

joolz
23rd December 2007, 03:38 PM
Awww geez....finally home safe and sound (after a very foggy/major busy drive up the M1) yuk!! :?

Well what can I say - i had an absolute blast this year. Im sure I say that every year but honestly there was something differnt about this fest EVERYONE seemed in such a major party mood, great to look around and see so many fanfesters huggin/kissin/laughing/dancing with each other : the luxury transport the to gig still tickles me!! :laff: Ahhh it brings a huge smile to my face everytime i think of this weekend :friends:

There was about 80 people there including faces from the past that were not part of this years fest, but naturally were made very welcome as we bumped into them at the gig/outside/in the e&t.

Great to finally meet Groovy Les & Lara who (bless them) came to the hotel to meet other loonies in between their busy weekend. Thanks for making the effort guys and MAJOR thanks Les for the chooooooooonnnnnnnnn to my mobile :kiss: yes like a sad cow I was listening to my phone on the drive home :laff:

Great to meet the REBEL possese......Soul and his family are such fun, nice, warm friendly people what a great family unit you have :D Soul, hope your brothers/sister enjoyed your first fanfest and thank you so much Bobby for the card & chocolates...yum :kiss:
Good to see Tony of Brum and Clubreggae & family briefly too :D

Thank you all soooooooo much for the really kind words of support & thanks and the very unexpected gifts,.

Major thanks to all those I met this year and those I didnt - but who signed the autograph book...Tina & Ness, Nods,Champs & Del, Eloisa, Astrid, Reggae Girl(s), Tina (Grinner), Sarah K, Rob & Jen, Tanya, AnneMarie,Morgs, Soul & Jaye, SoulRasta, DJ (and your s*t jokes) :laff: Pacino - nice to meet Emily, Pixi, Allison, Dawn & Alex, LadyLynne & Alan, Natasha & Beana33, Dubgal & Michelle, Jucqui & Buny, Caja & Andi, bOi, Millie, Michelle & Richie, Jumbo (got your hugs/kisses from Del), Reza, Annie & Helena, Nicola & hubby, TinaT, Ghettogirl, Sting & Mandy, Lorrafan & Tony - looking forward to the London Reggae Fest in 2008! :D :D, Sparkler, Angie (RobinsDuvet), Terry & mini K - could you see over the barrier at NEC?! ;-) Crucial T & (his son) :laff: The new sexy slimline Lynn & Al.B - my fantastic, well organised, partners in Fanfest crime....Nige & Mia and not forgetting the Tarts : who kick started my hard core partying this year from last Thursday - geez just when I thought I couldnt sing, shout, dance or laff anymore - they just keep ya going!!!! Big up to everyone - if Ive missed your name off the list I sincerely apologise - but Im sure I got round everyone at least once for a hug/kiss and hopefully made you all feel welcome at FANFEST 2007!!! :kiss: :friends:

From start to finish this has been a great weekend - Ive laffed until my stomach hurt, cried while watching my boys, drank far too much alcohol, partyed hard one night after the other after the other and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

I look forward to seeing all the pics and hearing all the tales from the other loonie festeters.

Right now I need a foot massage - and a detox plan

Massive thanks to everyone for making this Fanfest weekend so special and sooooooooooo much fun.

Love you all. Have a FABULOUS Christmas everyone, hope you all got home safe - enjoy and look after each other.

:kiss: :kiss:

Madam Madusa1
23rd December 2007, 03:46 PM
Nice one Joolz..glad you all had a great time (just wish I could have been there to share it ...oh well next time maybe.). Can't wait to hear all the gorey details, I'm sure there were some, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: roll on the next fest :beer:

Helena
23rd December 2007, 03:47 PM
blimey joolz must have taken you hours to write that. lovely to read though. even though i was only there one night i gotta agree that it really did have something special to it. have a lovely x-mas mate and see you in the new year. :friends:

ali'sthenuts
23rd December 2007, 03:59 PM
Hey Joolz great to meet you. :D

Thanks for inviting us to the E@T even though we were'nt part of the fest. Really nice of you.

Glad you all had a blast
Happy Christmas

Joolz is cool 8)

Ang4UB40
23rd December 2007, 04:12 PM
Nice read Joolz, sounds like you all had a blast :D , a real shame I couldn't make it in the end

Seahorse
23rd December 2007, 04:49 PM
Sounds like you all had a great weekend, thanks for the review Joolz. :) :)

NEPCHOON ROSE
23rd December 2007, 04:59 PM
nice read joolz ....thank you guys for an awesome weekend :D

Waltjo
23rd December 2007, 05:24 PM
Sooo glad you all enjoyed 8) 8) and that was a lovely review Joolz :P :P Any takers on the fest organising for next year? :roll:

mamto3girls
23rd December 2007, 05:28 PM
glad you all had a fab time, :D

joolz
23rd December 2007, 05:38 PM
Now then.....

.....Did you lose anything this weekend Morgs??? :?

Did Sting manage NOT to swear at anyone?? :shock: :?

Did DJ's jokes get any better?? :roll:

Did Wildcat learn that foxy footwork direct from Norman?? :wink:

How low can Eliosa actually go with those killer heels on while gyrating?? :P

Did the Rebel possee fix the raffle? :laff: :laff:

Did I overhear Darren & Co volunteer for fanfest organising next year?! :shock: :laff: :laff:

....sorry folk, Im still in fest mode....keep reliving parts of the weekend :friends:

PIXI
23rd December 2007, 05:41 PM
Jooz Mia and Nige :D A HUGE

THANK YOU

for such an amazing weekend. We had fun from the moment we arrived til the moment we left today.

Our concert seats were fab we were so thrilled as we were expecting to be miles away. loved my fest badge and dont want to take it off 8) Travel arrangements were soooo funny and the party last night had an amazing atmosphere. we were all such one big family especially the en mass "BIG LOVE" at the end. My knees are killing me from so much dancing and stumbling around the streets of Birmingham in the dark.

It was the first time Alli had met Loonies like this as she doesnt have a P.C. but is a lifelong fan. She couldnt get over how friendly everyone was and had the time of her life.

Well done for organising all of this, it must have been a major headache with all the changes but rest assured we loved every moment. Thanks x :D

TINA/T
23rd December 2007, 06:02 PM
hey joolz thanx for the shout :D
u guys have done a great job....time to kick back n relax n leave it to someone else :D
whos it gonna be?

wish i could have been there with u all, had a few calls from liz n dj :D thanx guys :wink:
sounds like a great weekend was had by all :D
lookin forward to hearing all about itand seein some piccies :D

wanna wish everyone a wonderful xmas n a very happy new year
and all best wishes for 2008 :wink:

TinaT xx

natasha
23rd December 2007, 06:14 PM
:D THANK_YOU

Mia ,Nigel ,& Jools....loved Fest weekend was soo great, you guys are Great...... :D

Loved meetin all Ublooneis.......... :D :D..see you all again soon :kiss:

one love, Seritaxxx

FATHER TED2
23rd December 2007, 06:17 PM
i was gonna offer to take over next year, but the thought of me curled up at the nec with a hot water bottle and lemsip, and lookin like summit from night of the living. Dead again didn't strike me as very professional :laff:

PIXI
23rd December 2007, 06:20 PM
Im sure you could manage it, Flu like that cant strike 2 years in a row :roll: but then you are a man :roll:

Get better soon :D

Version Girl
23rd December 2007, 06:22 PM
Well I can't really top that post Joolz........it really has been our own Labour Of Love.

We've made some life long friendships, thanks to the Jams Posse who met up in 98. Without them we would never have been part of Fanfest 99 & then go on to organise the next 8 (some with the lovely cookie and some without).

Thanks to everyone for your kind words & gifts.....we had no idea what you'd been up to :friends: I couldn't look at our litle book until I got home....the 1st page with Nods lovely words brought tears to my eyes last night and I had put it away. :kiss:

We had a blast, I don't think I sat down last night (until after midnight)....my feet are killing me.

Here's to Fanfest 2008, where we can attend and let someone else take over the worrying :wink:

Big Love to you all for your support over the last 8 years. It takes a great bunch of people to come along and have as much fun as we do. I'm proud to be part of this UB family.

:bouncepurple: :bouncered: :friends: :beer:

morgs
23rd December 2007, 07:39 PM
was a geat weekend guys, thanks for everything. and no joolz, i didnt lose anything i think?

have a brill xmas and new year and see you soon.
morgs

Reza
23rd December 2007, 08:01 PM
Joolz, Mia and Nige....well done!!!

Glad you all had an awesome time......

Anniemg
23rd December 2007, 08:35 PM
Thanks for a great weekend.....I know I don't post much now.....but it was so lovely seeing everyone again. Like Helena I also only managed to make one night.....but what a great night....thanks so much for all you have done xxx

Happy Christmas

Anne xxxx

Grinner
23rd December 2007, 08:35 PM
what a fantastic time i had :D THANKYOU SO MUCH joolz nige and mia,for giving me lasting special memories :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

it was great meeting some lovely loonies,and may i meet many more next time :?:

it was brilliant :wink:

Poesiemau
23rd December 2007, 09:23 PM
Mia, Nigel, Joolz... thanx once again for a fantastic time. Of course you can't create the fantastic time, this has to come out of all of us, but you're the ones that made it all happen, arranging it all :beer:

Everyone else... it's been great seeing old and new faces... top night for me was Friday, definitely. Front row at the gig, the great fun at the E&T after... blimey... if only that night could happen again. It did wear me out a bit (read: a lot) though... especially since Eloisa and i wanted to sleep in on Saturday morning and we never seemed more popular... getting text messages all the time as of 8am... seeing as we were not in bed before 4am... ugh... you know what i mean :lol:

From both Eloisa and me... BIG LOVE to each and everyone of you!!! :friends:

PS Maxi... Maxi... Maxi... where are you now? When will i see you again? Gawd... i'm depressed....

:wink:

joolz
23rd December 2007, 09:28 PM
Glad you got home safe Astrid.....trust Eloisa did too :D

Or Should I call you Mrs Priest now :laff: :laff:

you are sooooooooooo right Astrid - the fanfest would not be so FANtastic without all the FANfesters....thanks to you all - its a great success year on year!

:friends: :bounceblue: :kiss:

Homely Girl
23rd December 2007, 09:29 PM
What a blast........................

From beginning to end, well apart from the beginning and end, which I will go into more in the 'Tarts' report................It was the time of my life!!!!

I had an absolute ball and I want to thank you Joolz, Mia and Nigel for all your hard work and dedication, year after year. You have mad sure, over the years that hundreds of us 'Loonies' have had a brilliant time on our pilgramage to the holy land!!!

Respect to you all XXX

Hope you have a fantastic christmas and a happy, healthy New Year.

Take care of you and yours
Geraldine x

Sarah.K
23rd December 2007, 09:35 PM
Big love & many many thanks for all your hard work once again....U did us proud!! :friends:
Im suffering for it now mind but I had a wicked time all the same...was great to catch up with friends old & new as always :D
Heres to 2008...any volunteers???!!! :lol:

joolz
23rd December 2007, 09:51 PM
Ohhh heck.....this Tarts on Tour Report sounds scary!!! :shock: Can I buy your silence Geraldine???? :laff: :?

However I do hope you dont forget to tell everyone about your stressfree journey to the UK, your attempt to foil the security guards at the NEC ....your mad dash to the toilets and the spillage on the way...the mad dash at 3am for bacon in your pyjamas...the hotwater bottle....ohhhhh dear sooooo many tales to tell OR maybe not as the case may prove :laff: :laff:

Geez my throat is still killin me for laffin so hard.... :laff:

Soul Rebel
23rd December 2007, 10:01 PM
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, AND THANK YOU
Joolz, Mia, Nigel :friends: for YET another wonderful FEST 8) Also to ALL my other fellow loonies the weekend WAS JUST FANFLIPPINTASTIC. Non stop gyrating, laughing, mingling and of course drinking and being (hic) merry :beer:

Joolz, My brothers loved their 1st fest My sister and nephew loved their 2nd I'm so sure they will attend many more :D

Jaye and I and the Rebel Posse 8)

WISH YOU ALL A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR

Homely Girl
23rd December 2007, 10:08 PM
Sorry babe, silence cannot be bought................................. :D

Am just sitting down with a nice COLD glass of wine, so no spillage!!!! You made it sound like I had peed myself on way to toilets.....................what will peeps think of me!!! :laff: :laff:
I am very proud of my pelvic floor................................. :D

Oh but so much to tell, I dont know where to start, but I will do a warts an all report!!

Be afraid, be very afraid!!!

Gx

albadragon
23rd December 2007, 10:19 PM
Just want to say a big thanks to Joolz, Mia and Nige for organising a fantastic weekend, and for everyone else for making it such a great weekend. Lovely to see you again Sting, and next time I wand.nt my christmas card :)

Hope to see you again soon Tony and Lorraine, hope you got home safely, took us forever.

Hope everyone has a great christmas etc, I am back off to daydream about Maxi and UB40, and a great weeke

elaine2005
23rd December 2007, 10:26 PM
Glad you had a great time peeps ... crackin way to kick off christmas and new year i bet. :grin:

All the best x :friends:

Nicola R
23rd December 2007, 10:48 PM
HUGE THANKS TO THE FAN FEST TEAM!!!

Magnificao!
Nic x
:D

joolz
23rd December 2007, 10:59 PM
LOL @ Geraldine..... :laff: :laff: leave your warts out of this!! :laff:

Soul.....soooooo sorry I didnt remember that your sis and nephew had been to a fest before :oops: :oops: SORRY peeps xx

Homely Girl
23rd December 2007, 11:12 PM
Juliette!!!

You promised you would not mention my warts!!!

"What happens on tour stays on tour!"!!????? Those were your words!!!

Anyway, I got some ointment and the chemist promised me that nothing would drop off!!!

:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

Gx

joolz
23rd December 2007, 11:28 PM
rofl - if thats the case " what goes on tour stays on tour!" this tarts report is gonna be well short !!! :shock: :lol: :lol:

Homely Girl
24th December 2007, 12:03 AM
Its ok babe....................

I'm doing a major 'Cover Up'!!!

Gx

Reggae Girl
24th December 2007, 12:08 AM
Joolz,

Thank you for making my first fanfest such a wonderful and memorable one. It was so nice to finally meet you all.

Have a lovely Christmas and Happy New Year :beer: :beer: :friends: :friends:

Nods
24th December 2007, 10:53 AM
A huge thankyou to the fist,oops Fest C`tee for every thing you guys ave done over the years to make these events so special,It really is very appreciated.

Mia,It aint the first time i`ve brought tears to the eyes of a lady..old habits and all that.... :lol:

Had a great time,it was a real pleasure meetin up wi OLD(like mine) faces and some new fresh faced :x (god I hate you for havin one) people.

To everyone I didn`t say goodbye to/ :kiss: I apologise and to everyone I did :kiss: my apologises (scruffy/unshaven and Marlboro)

Sometimes words just cannot convay just how we feel,or what we want to say.Sometimes its just the simple things that show what our hearts sing and what all this,to our lifes,this really did bring......................

:D Thanks guys :D

joolz
24th December 2007, 11:09 AM
Anyone heard from the STING yet???!!! :shock: :roll:

Helena
24th December 2007, 11:26 AM
by the way whose cameras were the big fest photos taken on after the gig? i really wanna see them.

The Elevator
24th December 2007, 12:07 PM
Massive thanks to

Mia Nige and Joolz

Thanks to all your hard work over the years the fests have given Lynn and Myself chance to make so many friends. For which we will be ever grateful..

Enjoy your retirement ( although Nige is the only one who looks old enough to retire :lol: )..

Have a great Christmas and see you in 2008

MAYBETOMORROW
4th January 2008, 04:07 AM
Lovely read Joolz! 8)