PDA

View Full Version : Review (Is it too long?) ha ha

Waltjo
19th December 2007, 10:43 PM
OK here we go :roll:
Arrived at Cardiff roughly about the same time as Gran :roll: only to see her waylaid again by some toy boys, this happened in Holland as well, there he asked her if she'd had a wee, dunno what this one wanted to know I didn't dare ask :shock: but she seemed to be having a whale of a time.
We arrived at the hotel and were well impressed, the receptionist looked at us a bit strange when she realised there were three women and one man in the same room :shock: :shock: with two double beds :P I won't tell you what Jan told her :shock:
We went looking for Sarah and Tanya but they had swanned off somewhere :wink: but Sarah had given us the gen on getting a meal etc etc. that again was very good value :wink:
Well we decied to get ourselves ready before Rob and Clare arrived, we were both snivelling with cold, Jan was worse than me poor bugger :(
Nevertheless we soldiered on :wink: needs must and all that :grin:
Rob I think got lost on the way and arrived a mite late and didn't have time to get changed anyway (Pooh the pong :grin: )
We arrived at the Arena just in time to see Maxi Priest who was great 8) I mean he is no spring chicken is he? but he was prancing round the stage like a good un, and the bloke with him who did a bit of rapping was really good at getting the crowd going, and his son although young, knew how to play the audience as well.
But the moment we were waiting for arrived :wink: and the intro music started ooohh the anticiaption sent shivers down my spine, the set lights came on 8) everything from then on was brilliant 8) the set list was the best I have heard from the new ones to the old, I won't name any of the choons they played, but best of the new ones for me is the first one they played 8) it's wikkid, everything was just perfect and then Norman!!!! this was the icing on the cake WOW! WOW! :grin: Dave, Jan's hubby thought I had gone an a bender, I just could not stand still, I went hoarse with shouting :roll:
I won't even mention the silly buggers fighting :evil: :evil: :evil: but they did not mange to dim the evening for us.
Poor Janice was really poorly by then :( and had decided that she was not coming next night and since I did not know her friend Dawn I did not feel like going either :( and I was going to go home :roll:
Boy am I glad I did not!! as it happens Dawn was a great lady and Clare Rob's wife came, both great fun.
We were in the middle front with Sarah and Tanya this time and A) the boys seemd to sound so much better and B) we were in a much better position 8) 8) and although I was feeling a bit knackered from the previous night, I just could not help myself I still went ape when Norman strutted his stuff :roll: and loved Astro's cool movements around the stage :grin: oh it was all a brilliant two nights 8) 8)
Well worth being knackered for :grin: :grin:
Flew home this afternoon in just under an hour, after first getting on the wrong train to the aiport :shock: not my fault some pratt of a porter sent me to the wrong one :evil:
You Brummies a re so in for a treat as they sound even better at the NEC, but I think they were well pleased with their Welsh welcome :lol: as were the Welsh crowd well chuffed with them 8)

So there you have it :wink:
I forgot to add Brian threw his bottle for me :D :D :D I wanted the towel but beggars can't be choosers :roll:

NEPCHOON ROSE
19th December 2007, 10:51 PM
bt threw the bottle AT YOU :P :!:

sorry to hear about granjan get well soon

glad you had fun mags

Emma B
19th December 2007, 10:51 PM
awww lovely read mags, brings back memories of sunday night lol, i shoulda been there with my dad too, but couldnt get it off work!! :x :x :x

Glad you had a ball chuck :love: :bouncepurple:

ubs4me
19th December 2007, 11:01 PM
wow Brilliant review hun, great to hear you all had fun on the first night, i feel sorry for poor gran, Bless her!! :friends: she must of been well poorly not to go the second night :(

Waltjo
19th December 2007, 11:10 PM
awww lovely read mags, brings back memories of sunday night lol, i shoulda been there with my dad too, but couldnt get it off work!! :x :x :x

I got a chance to say a brief hello to your dad Emma :grin: but had to rush off to look for our driver lol :roll:

Yea Neps he threw the bottle at me :grin: ask Sarah and Tanya, only the cap wasn't on properly and I got a shower into the bargain :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

janice
19th December 2007, 11:16 PM
great review mags, trust you to get wrong train :roll:

Dutchess
19th December 2007, 11:19 PM
lovely read Mags hope u both feel better soon xxx

Lou.B
19th December 2007, 11:20 PM
Thanks for that Mags...lovely read hun and sooooo glad you had a great 2 nights...roll on Friday :bouncered: :bounceyellow: :bounce:

Ang4UB40
19th December 2007, 11:48 PM
Great read Mags :beer: glad you enjoyed your gigs, me and Lou were hoping we'd catch up with you in the pub next to the arena yesterday, we knew Jan wasn't well and wouldnt be there, didn't see any faces we recognised :(

Sylvie B
19th December 2007, 11:50 PM
Pukka read Mags...........worth gettin hoarse for......its like something inside you just goes.......twang & you go mad screamin.........good fun innit :wink: xx
Have a lovely Christmas :D x

FATHER TED2
19th December 2007, 11:51 PM
great review mags :P

~Shaz~ (aka DubGal)
19th December 2007, 11:55 PM
lovely Mags :D

Homely Girl
20th December 2007, 12:03 AM
Great review Mags!!!!

Thanks so much for that........................

I do so love the long, warts an all reviews!! Makes me feel like I was there!!

Some lovely memories for the old hardrive eh???

Have a lovely Christmas and a happy and healthy new year.......

Take care of you and yours
Geraldine x

Seahorse
20th December 2007, 12:12 AM
Great review Mags.
I'm wondering what all the :wink: are for :laff: :laff:
You can never write a review that's to long. We love to read them :) :)

MAYBETOMORROW
20th December 2007, 03:20 AM
Nice read, you party animal!! 8) :lol:

Waltjo
20th December 2007, 09:23 AM

Dave it was just one long partyyyyyyyyy :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

loekie
20th December 2007, 09:43 AM
Great review Mags, see I told you you should go :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: glad you did :wink:

kate13
20th December 2007, 10:01 AM
nice review mags i'm made up you went :D sorry to read that jan was to poorly for the 2nd gig

:friends:

Waltjo
20th December 2007, 11:17 AM
Just a little note :grin: Ali was looking so good 8) seemed to enjoy every minute of it and walking off before the end of the song seemed to me to be the natural thing to do and he gave the audience the thumbs up as he went :roll: :roll:

Madam Madusa1
20th December 2007, 11:38 AM
Nice review Mags.. :D sorry we missed you :cry: , would have been nice to see you again :beer: glad you had a great time. :grin:

Waltjo
20th December 2007, 12:28 PM
Awwww yea sorry to have missed you two an all :( I hope you will keep the flag going until I see ya :wink: maybe when we have the next minfest? think Debs is aiming for March or thereabouts 8) 8)

UBlong2me
20th December 2007, 02:01 PM

I got a chance to say a brief hello to your dad Emma :grin: but had to rush off to look for our driver lol :roll:

Yea Neps he threw the bottle at me :grin: ask Sarah and Tanya, only the cap wasn't on properly and I got a shower into the bargain :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: Too funny! :laff:

Great review Mags, glad you enjoyed yourself so much! Going ape is good for ya!! Lol!! :friends:

Waltjo
20th December 2007, 06:28 PM

Yea should do it more often Moni :roll: :roll: maybe then I wouldn't be so stiff next day :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: Too funny! :laff:

Great review Mags, glad you enjoyed yourself so much! Going ape is good for ya!! Lol!! :friends:

UBlong2me
20th December 2007, 07:03 PM
He really hit you hard with that bottle didn't he :shock:

Look at your quoting!! PMSL!!!!!!!!! :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

lozbats
20th December 2007, 07:22 PM
what a lovely read :) :) :)

Waltjo
20th December 2007, 07:54 PM
He really hit you hard with that bottle didn't he :shock:

Look at your quoting!! PMSL!!!!!!!!! :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

Lol lol lol :oops: :oops: :grin:

PIXI
20th December 2007, 11:42 PM
Brilliant read Mags and not long enough, love all the little details. :D Cant wait for tomorrow now.
The drive to Brum should be fun, they say tomorrow is the bussiest day of the year :?

MAYBETOMORROW
21st December 2007, 07:38 AM

Dave it was just one long partyyyyyyyyy :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

I bet it was!! I'm so glad to hear you had a great time!

:beer:

Waltjo
21st December 2007, 10:57 AM
Brilliant read Mags and not long enough, love all the little details. :D Cant wait for tomorrow now.
The drive to Brum should be fun, they say tomorrow is the bussiest day of the year :?

Awwww Pix I hope you are not stuck in a lot traffic hun :evil: so frustrating when you are dying to get somewhere quick innit :wink: