PDA

View Full Version : **CARDIFF REVIEW**...fanbloodytastic!!

ghettogirl
18th December 2007, 09:37 AM
oh my god.....where do i start......

didnt see many loonie peeps last night.....saw tess quickly in the pub...neil, ravey dave (great to see you you old dog!!)....and of course sarah and tanya who were right at the centre in the front...(in their rightful place...lol)..which is where i went to join them (and had the bestest view)....great seeing you girls...so funny seeing your anxieties before the band come on.... :wink:
anyway...................
back to the gig.........
and maxi priest...well i thought the wailers were fab to have on before the ub's last year but Maxi....oh my god...this was just THE best.....his voice is crystal clear....he looked and sounded awesome....really got the crowd going...cardiff crowd loved him...and of course his son Marvin...what a future star...and isnt he just gorrrrrrrrgeous!!!! his voice is as beautiful as his dads!!! :D :D

so an excellent start to the night...whoever got Maxi on the bill...made a bang on choice there!!! (im still buzzing here...can you tell!!).... :wink:

then a short while after....on came our lads...to an astounding response from the cardiff crowd.....the welsh crowd really do love the ub's!!!!!!
Amazing intro....like everyone else has said...well done martin and bri...sounded great!!!
The band all looked fantastic as always....they are like a fine wine.....just keep improving with age.... :wink: And Brian and his groovy shoes.....i was expecting a tap dance ...lol
There was the usual trouble in the crowd....although it seemed worse this time(each year Cardiff seem to get more and more physco's in the crowd :shock: )...people getting lifted out and thrown out....Robin asking for a bit of peace stating he didnt realise he had that effect on women.....(im sure you do.. :wink: :wink: )....
And there was this one bloke who was at the front who absolutely adored Ali...and kept calling his name....in fact there were a few blokes going mad for Ali.....
which has led me to think that maybe now, the men are starting to fall for Ali more than the ladies.... :shock: ...ah well....its nice to be wanted!!
Brian made the same guys night by accepting a bottle of beer off him....god i thought he was going to explode with excitement...ive never seen anyone so happy to give a drink away.... :lol:

Great stuff though....making someones night like that....thats what its all about...the crowd loved the interaction with the band!! :D

And.....Maxi and his band coming on halfway thru....well that was the highlight of the night for me...blew me away...i loved it...and so did the whole crowd....i always like to look behind and see what the crowd are doing, they were loving it and singing along like only the welsh can do....loud!!!! :D

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!! :D

Great hearing tracks we havent heard for a long time....Norman sounded and looked fab...great seeing him back where he belongs!! :D And our Robin taking the lead on the mic...ive been waiting to see that again for some years.... 8) brill!!!

I could go on and on all day about how great this gig was....

Oh one more thing............
The new stuff.....i didnt think who you fighting for could be beaten for quality...but OH MY GOD.....these new songs sound absolutely fantastic....they were instantly likeable....loved rainbow nation....loved all three....but for me , rainbow nation had a special message....well done lads....this album is gonna be amazing...and your gonna please a hell of a lot of people with it!! 8) 8)
Cant wait until March now!!!! :)

And then the end came.....and there were thousands of happy people in that arena....ub40 and Maxi Priest...what a great combination....2 of the best voices in reggae music on the same bill.... so happy with last night!!! :D

Im so glad i went now....nearly didnt as i've just lost my dear nan and i havent been in a good place at all.....but that gig took all my troubles away and made me feel fantastic last night!!!

ONCE AGAIN.....THANKYOU UB40 FOR YET ANOTHER AMAZING NIGHT!!

Oh and i thought ali was loving it last night....he seemed to be well up for entertaining the crowd...as did all the other guys..... :D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx :love: :love: :love: :love:

oLdbOi
18th December 2007, 10:20 AM
Brian made the same guys night by accepting a bottle of beer off him....god i thought he was going to explode with excitement...ive never seen anyone so happy to give a drink away....

lol... happy at givin' away his drink!!
nice one k. neat lickle write up...

bOizaghe...:)

Crump
18th December 2007, 10:38 AM
Aww nice write darling thats really nice

( Sorry bout losing ya nan ) hope the ub l00niez can keep u cheered up:D if u want smiles go on other board and look at the post dedicated to me .. Crapload this for you.. will put a smile on ure face :D

Glad u enjoyed ya self xxxx

joolz
18th December 2007, 10:42 AM
Great review Karen......thanks for sharing that rofl @ the bits bout BT's shoes / men chanting Ali & Rob's effect on women!! :roll: :D :lol: :lol:

Clubreggae
18th December 2007, 10:52 AM
:D what a great Read Karen :D

Thanks for that 8)

My turn on Friday :D :D

8) :P

ghettogirl
18th December 2007, 10:53 AM
Thanks guys......i could have written more....you know me always got so much to say.... :P :P

im still buzzing......roll on tonight eh.... 8)

big love
karen
xxxxxxxxx :lol:

Sylvie B
18th December 2007, 10:57 AM
The best reveiw yet Karen :D .........enjoy tonight again as you deserve it ...........sorry to hear of your loss :(
tc
Sylvie xx

Helena
18th December 2007, 11:08 AM
nice one karen. glad you had a nice time. are you going again tonight? or are you gonna make it over to the nec?

ghettogirl
18th December 2007, 11:17 AM
hiya hels....
ive got a ticket for tonight but ive got to work some magic to get there yet.... :wink:
and not doing the nec this year,..... :cry:

and thankyou for complimenting my review sylv(the best yet eh...lol)....you've made me feel quite clever now.... :P :wink:

xxxxxxx

elaine2005
18th December 2007, 11:32 AM
FANTASTIC review there, lovely reading. You made me very eagre to get hold of the new album now ( cant wait ) Thanks hun :beer: :friends:

NEPCHOON ROSE
18th December 2007, 11:53 AM
Robin asking for a bit of peace stating he didnt realise he had that effect on women.....

must be the brut aftershave :lol: :lol: :lol:

somewhere in the uk there is a rhythm guitarist ...cussing about my clat :laff:

reasons
18th December 2007, 11:59 AM
HI Karen

I knew you could not resist going Tonight !!! :lol: :lol:

See you there !!!!

Nice to meet up with All the loonies i met..... I never name names as i always leave someone out !!!! :oops: :oops:

Last night was my first real sober gig as i had my boy with me :lol:

Tonight will be a different story !!!! 8) 8)

Cant wait now!!!!!!!!

Catch up with you later Karen

Neil.....

Sylvie B
18th December 2007, 12:27 PM
hiya hels....
ive got a ticket for tonight but ive got to work some magic to get there yet.... :wink:
and not doing the nec this year,..... :cry:

and thankyou for complimenting my review sylv(the best yet eh...lol)....you've made me feel quite clever now.... :P :wink:

xxxxxxx

well its from the heart thats why :wink: xx

snoopsy
18th December 2007, 12:36 PM
Fantastic review and couldn't agree more. Apart from the idiots, what a fantastic night. Norman was definitely the highlight for me 8)

Waltjo
18th December 2007, 02:03 PM
:grin:

Seahorse
18th December 2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks for a great review Karen. :)
I never imagined Tanya and Sarah getting anxious before the boys come on :laff: :laff: :laff: That was great you were able to be at the front with them.
I think you might be right about the blokes and Ali. There was one behind us in Orlando, who kept shouting 'Give it to me Ali !!!' :eek: :laff: :laff: :laff:
Have a great time tonight :) :)
Sorry to hear about your nan. :(

FATHER TED2
18th December 2007, 02:36 PM
being both irish and scottish, there's no bloody chance i'd ever give my beer away

Nods
18th December 2007, 02:51 PM
What a great review.....I can almost hear the excitment in your voice when reading it....

Nods

UB7
18th December 2007, 03:21 PM
like ghettogirl said it was a great night... met up with jan, marg, rob and his wife and met reasons and his family for the 1st time.

got to be upfront which was amazing again......cant wait for thursday.

shame about the trouble again

dub album brill by the way

from tess x

janice
18th December 2007, 03:45 PM
i agree with everything ghetto girl says, saves me writing review :D

caz1303
18th December 2007, 09:22 PM
Fantastic review, for anyone not been yet, after reading that they will be sooooo excited!!

caz
xx

ubs4me
19th December 2007, 12:58 AM
Wicked review Hun, great to hear you had a fab time :D

stubby
19th December 2007, 01:15 AM
Thats great, I can still hear the excitement in your review.

Sounds like Ali's becoming a "Gay Icon"

Glad you had a ball! :wink: