PDA

View Full Version : Wembley - Saturday

mozlongtime
11th December 2007, 12:56 PM
After one or two initial problems we left Brum around 4ish and made our way to a hotel in London to meet up with my Goddaughters Dad who was also going to the gig :grin: . There were some fans in the bar but I didn’t recognise them although they did seem a bit familiar with one or two people milling around in the bar…… :ooh:
Anyway, we got to Wembley around 7.30 and caught most of Maxi’s set, I thought that he sounded fantastic and his energy levels are astounding – bought back some wicked memories. Nipped backstage for some “refreshment” and the buzz was incredible – Sir Paul McCartney was wondering around greeting everyone so I stuck out my hand and said the first thing that came into my head ”Hello Paul”, to which he replied “Alright Luv” :aagh: – I was astonished and the Wife nearly passed out but he seems like a really nice guy. Then it was time to take our seats (we sat to the right of the stage as you see it) not the best view to be honest but it was close to the bar :beer: . The boys came out and they were brilliant, without revealing too much I thought that Norman stole the show :bounceblack: :bouncered: . Astro had to stop halfway through one number as he couldn’t hear his level in his earpiece but I don’t think that too many people noticed, they just carried on singing. Ali’s voice is as crisp and clear as ever and he was bouncing around, anyone who doubted his commitment should have seen him backstage – he was well up for it as were the rest of the band. I bumped into Luci (UB40Mummy) and she was great, it was really good to meet her although the smoking Police were giving us a hard time :smokin: . I didn’t see any trouble, any drunks (except in the mirror….) and thought that the whole day was just superb. If you are planning on going to see the band you are guaranteed to have a great time and if you’re not going to any dates on this tour you’ll regret it.

Thank you UB40.

:smokin: :smokin:

janice
11th December 2007, 12:58 PM
at last moz does a decent post :wink: great read moz, roll on monday :D

loekie
11th December 2007, 01:02 PM
Moz you do surprise me sometimes, great read and I told you you would like it :wink: :D

mozlongtime
11th December 2007, 01:04 PM
Moz you do surprise me sometimes, great read and I told you you would like it :wink: :D

Why do I surprise you?

Thanks for the card by the way :friends:

loekie
11th December 2007, 01:06 PM

Why do I surprise you?

Thanks for the card by the way :friends:

I don't expect serious posts from you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: glad you got the card :friends:

oLdbOi
11th December 2007, 01:08 PM
lol.the smokin' police..indeed...did you know it was £2500 fine if y'got caught smokin'...so Robin kept sayin'...;)...lmao

bOi...nice one Moz...next time..

sweetsensation
11th December 2007, 01:12 PM
Ali’s voice is as crisp and clear as ever and he was bouncing around, anyone who doubted his commitment should have seen him backstage – he was well up for it as were the rest of the band.

Everyone concerned with the rumour mill, there ya go. Just go backstage and you will see things are ok :shock:

lmfao :laff:

mozlongtime
11th December 2007, 01:20 PM
Ali’s voice is as crisp and clear as ever and he was bouncing around, anyone who doubted his commitment should have seen him backstage – he was well up for it as were the rest of the band.

Everyone concerned with the rumour mill, there ya go. Just go backstage and you will see things are ok :shock:

lmfao :laff:

Just telling it like it is.

:grin:

UBlong2me
11th December 2007, 01:27 PM
:laff: :laff: :laff: Great review, Moz....glad your Goddaughter's Dad went to the gig!! Pmsl! :laff: :laff:

Good to hear you had a great time! Now....you promised to take pics... :roll: WHERE ARE THEY???!!! ;)

Tik
11th December 2007, 01:32 PM
good shout :beer:

mozlongtime
11th December 2007, 01:36 PM
:laff: :laff: :laff: Great review, Moz....glad your Goddaughter's Dad went to the gig!! Pmsl! :laff: :laff:

Good to hear you had a great time! Now....you promised to take pics... :roll: WHERE ARE THEY???!!! ;)

Can't access my Photobucket from work Stoni so I'll post them at home (when I get around to it) :grin:

UBlong2me
11th December 2007, 01:48 PM

Can't access my Photobucket from work Stoni so I'll post them at home (when I get around to it) :grin:

A.s.a.p. you mean!! ;) :lol: Looking forward to them! 8)

Helena
11th December 2007, 01:53 PM
****ing hell Paul McCartney. I would have died :shock:

mozlongtime
11th December 2007, 01:57 PM
***** hell Paul McCartney. I would have died :shock:

I think I have, Mrs M still looks like this :arrow: :shock:

Helena
11th December 2007, 01:59 PM

seriously though what was he like? did you say anything else to him or did anyone else? I'd never have been able to say anything to him. he's one of my all time favourite people and most amazing people. ****in hell he was a beatle.

mozlongtime
11th December 2007, 02:11 PM

seriously though what was he like? did you say anything else to him or did anyone else? I'd never have been able to say anything to him. he's one of my all time favourite people and most amazing people. ***** hell he was a beatle.

Paul (Wingy) told us that he was expected when we arrived and he'd been allocated the room that we were in ,we'd just finished the bottle of champers left in there as we thought it was ours :aagh: . Evryone kept looking up and down the corridor, waiting, but he was in The Incredibles room chatting with them. We'd just decided to go out and suck up the atmosphere and there he was, walking up the corridor. I was at the back behind My Wife,Goddaughter, her Brother and thier Mom and they all walked passed and said "hello", I didn't have a clue what to say but I was determined not to miss this oppourtunity so I just thrust out my hand - I could not believe it. He looks a lot younger and not pretentious at all - happy to speak with evryone. The Mrs was sat behind him for most of the gig and he was dancing and laughing all night, he left just before the Encore - the man's a LEGEND!!!

Tik
11th December 2007, 02:13 PM

seriously though what was he like? did you say anything else to him or did anyone else? I'd never have been able to say anything to him. he's one of my all time favourite people and most amazing people. ***** hell he was a beatle.

Paul (Wingy) told us that he was expected when we arrived and he'd been allocated the room that we were in ,we'd just finished the bottle of champers left in there as we thought it was ours :aagh: . Evryone kept looking up and down the corridor, waiting, but he was in The Incredibles room chatting with them. We'd just decided to go out and suck up the atmosphere and there he was, walking up the corridor. I was at the back behind My Wife,Goddaughter, her Brother and thier Mom and they all walked passed and said "hello", I didn't have a clue what to say but I was determined not to miss this oppourtunity so I just thrust out my hand - I could not believe it. He looks a lot younger and not pretentious at all - happy to speak with evryone. The Mrs was sat behind him for most of the gig and he was dancing and laughing all night, he left just before the Encore - the man's a LEGEND!!!

pissin :laff:

Sylvie B
11th December 2007, 02:30 PM
So Moz for the first time you were speechless ay...fab reveiw btw :wink: xx

Helena
11th December 2007, 02:33 PM
who was he with moz? thats amazing. your so lucky.

STING
11th December 2007, 02:35 PM
fkin hell moz. nice one. first serious post i've seen from you in aaaaaaages :grin:

mozlongtime
11th December 2007, 02:44 PM
who was he with moz? thats amazing. your so lucky.

He was on his own apart from his Security. And yes, I am very lucky.

mozlongtime
11th December 2007, 02:50 PM
fkin hell moz. nice one. first serious post i've seen from you in aaaaaaages :grin:

One serious post in 5 years :aagh:

(((Back to the GA to post shite now)))

NEPCHOON ROSE
11th December 2007, 02:50 PM
:lol: glad you had fun moz :lol:

champane
11th December 2007, 02:57 PM
aw thanks for that moz great read glad you all had a fab time

:love:

FATHER TED2
11th December 2007, 03:01 PM
was a brilliant night and they've really made a lot of effort with the whole show on this tour 8)

mozlongtime
11th December 2007, 03:04 PM
was a brilliant night and they've really made a lot of effort with the whole show on this tour 8)

I agree, well worth waiting for!!!!

San Diego
11th December 2007, 10:56 PM
What a great night you had.....bet Mrs. Moz was glad she bought those new shoes... :laff: :laff:

Seahorse
12th December 2007, 01:29 AM
Great review Moz, bet you couldn't believe it when you saw Paul, what a result :)

elaine2005
12th December 2007, 09:19 AM
After one or two initial problems we left Brum around 4ish and made our way to a hotel in London to meet up with my Goddaughters Dad who was also going to the gig :grin: . There were some fans in the bar but I didn’t recognise them although they did seem a bit familiar with one or two people milling around in the bar…… :ooh:
Anyway, we got to Wembley around 7.30 and caught most of Maxi’s set, I thought that he sounded fantastic and his energy levels are astounding – bought back some wicked memories. Nipped backstage for some “refreshment” and the buzz was incredible – Sir Paul McCartney was wondering around greeting everyone so I stuck out my hand and said the first thing that came into my head ”Hello Paul”, to which he replied “Alright Luv” :aagh: – I was astonished and the Wife nearly passed out but he seems like a really nice guy. Then it was time to take our seats (we sat to the right of the stage as you see it) not the best view to be honest but it was close to the bar :beer: . The boys came out and they were brilliant, without revealing too much I thought that Norman stole the show :bounceblack: :bouncered: . Astro had to stop halfway through one number as he couldn’t hear his level in his earpiece but I don’t think that too many people noticed, they just carried on singing. Ali’s voice is as crisp and clear as ever and he was bouncing around, anyone who doubted his commitment should have seen him backstage – he was well up for it as were the rest of the band. I bumped into Luci (UB40Mummy) and she was great, it was really good to meet her although the smoking Police were giving us a hard time :smokin: . I didn’t see any trouble, any drunks (except in the mirror….) and thought that the whole day was just superb. If you are planning on going to see the band you are guaranteed to have a great time and if you’re not going to any dates on this tour you’ll regret it.

Thank you UB40.

Great read moz :grin: :beer:

So is astro an incredible then :cry: I soooooooo wanted him to be a spartan. :P

Now if you said JOHN LENNON had been there i'd of been impressed! :shock: :lol:

mozlongtime
12th December 2007, 03:07 PM

Thank you UB40.

No.

Had I have seen John Lennon I would definately give the beer up :aagh:

Sylvie B
12th December 2007, 03:12 PM
:lol:

imported_joyce
12th December 2007, 03:51 PM
The boys came out and they were brilliant, without revealing too much I thought that Norman stole the show [quote]

never a truer word spoken, after what i saw last night in Sheffield.

KGB_I_was_NOT
12th December 2007, 03:56 PM
Moz, I think this is the most in the way of a serious post that I've ever seen posted by you!! Great review!! Can't wait to see the pics!!! (I hope there are some from backstage... ;) )

Once again, it's great to see Paul M among UB fans!! :)

:friends:

loekie
12th December 2007, 04:12 PM
Moz, I think this is the most in the way of a serious post that I've ever seen posted by you!! Great review!! Can't wait to see the pics!!! (I hope there are some from backstage... ;) )

Once again, it's great to see Paul M among UB fans!! :)

:friends:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's why I said he surprises me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Waltjo
12th December 2007, 06:00 PM
Awwwww Moz lol everybody seems to think you cannot post a serious post is this true?? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Enjoyed the review hun, and what an amazing experience meeting Macca 8) 8) cos he's a nice lad he's a Scouser innit :grin:

elaine2005
12th December 2007, 09:51 PM

Thank you UB40.

No.

Had I have seen John Lennon I would definately give the beer up :aagh:

OH GOOD ... Is it a blue noses VS Villans thing ? :grin:

Oh and seeing john lennon in the flesh is one thing :shock:

seeing you become tea total! NOPE! I dont believe it.

:o