PDA

View Full Version : BRILLIANT WEMBLEY GIGS

Reggae Girl
9th December 2007, 06:30 PM
Just got back from my two nights at Wembley, tired but :D

Friday night went to the arena, :shock: it has changed a lot since the last time I was there (Hate that walk you have to do getting to the arena :grrr:) .

Maxi was amazing, what a great voice he has never seen him live before he really got the crowd going :)

His son Marvin then came on stage and Maxi had such a big smile on his face, he looked so proud of him they were having a ball together.

Had a look around the arena and spotted Champane, but couldn't get through the crowds to say hello :( (Sorry Liz).

The band came on stage around 9.10 (I think it was) and wow what an entrance. The set list this year is amazing, so all who have got gigs coming up will really enjoy it. Some new stuff, old favorites and some that haven't been sung at a gig for long time:D.

Saturday before the gig we met up with Sting, Father Ted, Groovy Les, Tikkabilla and her friend, also Alligator and CJP (Hope I haven't missed anyone or spelt your name wrong :blush:) It was great meeting you all. I was also sitting next to another Loonie Lovey :)

Ali announced Paul Macartney was in the audience.

Maxi's son Marvin was walking around in the foyer during the break so we got to say hello to him and have a pic taken also got a set list of the UB's songs :)

The band was on top form again waving and smiling. Norman can still do the dance :wink: and Earl was all over the stage, he was really enjoying himself.

I would like to say THANKS UB40 for two fantastic nights at Wembley what great performances both nights.

Gail, thanks for all the calls, glad you enjoyed the snippets :wink: :friends: Sting it was a pleasure meeting you (nutter) :laff: what a nice genuine down to earth person you are :friends: glad you got your tickets sorted in the end. Hope you managed to find your hotel, sorry didn't get the chance to meet up again after the gig.

:beer: :friends: :friends:

Clubreggae
9th December 2007, 07:13 PM
:D Thanks for that,
Sounds like the usual blast was had by all :D :P
a nice read. :cool: :friends:

NEPCHOON ROSE
9th December 2007, 07:22 PM
as we have not seen champers yet i reckon she is is doing a review and she will have some corking pictures to boot

glad you had a good time

FATHER TED2
9th December 2007, 07:32 PM
was great 8)

PIXI
9th December 2007, 11:17 PM
Nice read and so nice to be there with other Loonies too :D

Seahorse
9th December 2007, 11:21 PM
Hey Josie, Thank you so much for including me in your weekend :) :)

champane
9th December 2007, 11:37 PM
awwwwwwww why didnt you come up to me or shout me i was looking for you but you wernt where you was meant to be (lol nor was i :wink: ) glad you had a great night and at last you met the sting :lol: :lol: :lol: you brave lady you :wink: kidding sting love ya really hun Wish we had hooked up babes was so looking forward to meeting you aw well never mind see ya at fest ok

:love:

MAYBETOMORROW
11th December 2007, 07:15 AM
What a nice read Josie :D