PDA

View Full Version : Ali Campbell's Albert hall gig

Matt Pacino
30th November 2007, 12:24 PM
its a lot of money :eek: but hopfully it will be worth it!!.

sweetsensation
30th November 2007, 12:28 PM
Its a fairly standard price for an artist as gigs go nowadays in my opinion. maybe a bit more than we are used to paying for UB40.

He is my favourite SINGER. I love the voice, thats what i'm paying for, and to me , its worth it.

elaine2005
30th November 2007, 01:13 PM
Dont know how much they are will go see and come back and submit a secret vote :o :lol:

edit ... ok seems expensive to me for a group of you going , but not expensive if your going on your jacksy GOOD VALUE FOR 1 TKT . :? :lol:

:shock: @ u saying ali has fat little fingers :shock: LMAO the cheek of it. He prob wont see THAT MUCH of the cash himself. :?

FATHER TED2
30th November 2007, 02:30 PM
hope everyone has a great time but personally dont think the tickets are worth the price they are charging
Also hope it's not true that the cost is so high cos of the other artists if so they should have been told where to go after all this is for fans of ali

This isn't a dig at ali btw hope he has a great night just my view on the prices if they are as much as i've read

~Shaz~ (aka DubGal)
30th November 2007, 02:33 PM
I think its fair due to the guests...i'm hoping there'll be quite a few :)
Looking forward to it.

UBhappy
1st December 2007, 01:48 AM
someone has just put a post up on Ali's site saying that its higher because the RAH itself takes a big cut - he should have gone somewhere else then!

FATHER TED2
1st December 2007, 11:06 AM
someone has just put a post up on Ali's site saying that its higher because the RAH itself takes a big cut - he should have gone somewhere else then!

ive seen shows at the rah before and the tickets were the same price as any other venue

Matt Pacino
1st December 2007, 11:54 AM

I was think the same, when I first heard about Ali playing RAH I thought wow what a great venue, but does it matter where he does the show as long as us fans get to see it, If it was held somewhere bigger surly the tickets would have been cheaper.

Clubreggae
2nd December 2007, 12:58 AM
It wont just be the Concert, what about the Travel expenses and the hotels, food drink etc ? :shock: (london prices etc) :roll:
Talking of about 200 for a night out :shock: :( :shock: and thats just for one.

MAYBETOMORROW
2nd December 2007, 11:04 PM
It does seem quite expensive, however, if I had the chance to go, I would pay that price 8)

Tik
3rd December 2007, 02:29 PM
if peeps think it`s too expensive

don`t go

i`d have thought that was quite simple really

or am i being too ........erm..........well........simple

San Diego
3rd December 2007, 02:32 PM

don`t go

Simple.???? No...somehow Simple works well for you Ticklet... :evil:

Tik
3rd December 2007, 02:33 PM

don`t go

Simple.???? No...somehow Simple works well for you Ticklet... :evil:

why fankyoo :grin:

loekie
3rd December 2007, 06:19 PM

don`t go

Sometimes you really surprise me Tik :lol: :lol: :lol: you are not simple it's just the way it is :lol: :lol: :lol:

STING
8th December 2007, 10:26 AM
got me tix. fk the expense! :grin:

pauper's prison fer me this year!!!!!! I fkin wish. that'd be wikkid; no leccy to pay fer, no water bills, gas etc..... ps2 in me room, free education, gym...................lemme fkin iiiiiiiiiiiiiin!!!!!!! :grin:

mamto3girls
13th December 2007, 11:44 PM
a lot but worth it coz i will never get to a place like that for any other reason and said if the gig did come off i would make effort to go, coz its a 1 off!! :)

Matt Pacino
17th January 2008, 11:11 PM
Kind takes the piss that he is now touring the album after we was told this would be only 1 of 2 gigs :rolleyes:

Clubreggae
17th January 2008, 11:27 PM
RAH far to exspensive :shock: , then travel, hotel,food drink etc etc :roll:

Not interested at all.

Now those other dates are on, i will probably do the NIA Birmingham, bus is door to door in 20 mins, and ticket price is fair :D

Wonder what songs he will do though :? ? :? as those RAH artists wont be with him :o

janice
18th January 2008, 05:00 PM

Not interested at all.

Now those other dates are on, i will probably do the NIA Birmingham, bus is door to door in 20 mins, and ticket price is fair :D

Wonder what songs he will do though :? ? :? as those RAH artists wont be with him :othought u was going to be :twisted:

Clubreggae
21st January 2008, 10:39 PM

Not interested at all.

Wonder what songs he will do though :? ? :? as those RAH artists wont be with him :othought u was going to be :twisted:

what you on about now :? :roll: :roll:

lara.1973
20th February 2008, 04:41 PM
i wouldnt care how much it cost as long as i get to go ;) good job we are going i guess :D

DJ
21st February 2008, 10:09 AM
good poll Matt,

my votes on fair price bearing in mind all the special guests playing - I'm hoping the great Stevie Wonder & Gwen Stefani will show up as well as the artists from the UK release, if you saw them all as individual artists, you'd pay hundreds or thousands!!!

As for ther tour, I'm looking forward to hearing stuff from Big Love as well

Matt Pacino
21st February 2008, 10:24 PM
Wow I had forgot about this poll, intresting results espeically as Ali's since left UB40, Interesting that "wouldn't bother to see Ali without UB40" is on top :o

I voted "think it will be worth it with all the guests" by the way & since I have heard a few things about the suprise artists then it really is going to be a great show.

Clubreggae
23rd February 2008, 12:28 AM
Wow I had forgot about this poll, intresting results espeically as Ali's since left UB40, Interesting that "wouldn't bother to see Ali without UB40" is on top :o

I voted "think it will be worth it with all the guests" by the way & since I have heard a few things about the suprise artists then it really is going to be a great show.

Yes it probably will be 8) my pocket would'nt stretch to it at all though :(
London, transport, Hotel, drink, food, concert ticket at 75 :shock:
I would be able to fill my fridge and freezer for a fortnight with what i would spend on that night out :o :roll: