PDA

View Full Version : Who am I no 3 ?

stubby
22nd August 2007, 05:01 PM
With the exception of Justin Timberlake and to a lesser extent Robbie Williams, he is the only artist to successfully negotiate the transition from teen pop idol to international solo superstar. He's sold 75m albums worldwide and has come to be regarded as an excellent songwriter and performer. His most recent album , released in March 2004, sold over 200,000 copies in its first week of release signalling a rebirth in the singer's fortunes after a stormy decade in the 90's.

(nicknamed Yog by his family) on June 25, 1963 in Edgware North London. He grew up in the 'burbs, the son of a Greek father and an English mother. As a party going, Formula 3 race car crashin' hedonist, and an ability to play a musical instrument.

As a solo star he had the difficulty of trying to change his image from hedonistic playboy to serious artist. He had already dipped his toe in the water in 1984 with a UK No.1, which showed the more introspective, thoughtful side of pop's hairiest crooner. In a further bid to change his image from regular to serious artist he teamed up with soul legend Aretha Franklin. But his real emergence as a solo star came later that year with a debut solo album. Out went the tennis shorts and shuttlecocks and in came leather, shades and his now trademark designer stubble.
In 1997 he announced the formation of his own label, Aegean Records but the label would close a few years later with no major successes.
He once said "I'm a rich man and as a pop star I'm paid too much money for what I do."

Helena
22nd August 2007, 05:16 PM
George Michael?

stubby
22nd August 2007, 05:24 PM
Yes, Helena you got it!! Well done! :wink:

Helena
22nd August 2007, 05:27 PM
where are you getting these from?

stubby
22nd August 2007, 05:32 PM
where are you getting these from?

I'm just googling a person, then editing bits out.
I was watching "Sale of the Century" tonight and got the idea from there, hoping to liven the board up a bit. :roll:
It takes a while to do them though.
You'd never know I'd just discovered Copy and Paste would you?? :oops: :roll: :lol:

Helena
22nd August 2007, 05:34 PM
haha. i may try one myself. would you mind?

stubby
22nd August 2007, 05:42 PM
haha. i may try one myself. would you mind?

No course not! Fill ya boots!!! :wink:

MAYBETOMORROW
23rd August 2007, 05:06 AM
You'd never know I'd just discovered Copy and Paste would you?? :oops: :roll: :lol:

:D :D :lol: :lol: