Be injected, give them your identity!

Just beneath the skin
It's a game we may not win
In the first place, we don't guess we're being PLAYED :roll:
If you got a doubt
You should always seek it out
Truth is hard to face, but do not be afraid. :wink:

Imani Hekima (c) 2007

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a bit more on the subject, check out the great song/video by Ian Brown, KISS YA LIPS (NO ID). It should be on www.youtube.com

elaine2005
22nd June 2007, 09:57 AM
:eek:

A CONTRAVERSIAL MASTERPEICE IMANI

8)

mozlongtime
22nd June 2007, 10:01 AM
He's the lyrical Jessie James

:grin:

:smokin: :smokin:

Good Ambition
22nd June 2007, 10:01 AM
Thanks Elaine :wink: ......all I've got to do is put some music to the words (which ISN'T gonna be easy :!: )

Good Ambition
22nd June 2007, 10:02 AM
He's the lyrical Jessie James

:grin:

Cheers Moz, that's a great compliment (even tho cowboy hats ain't really ma "thing" :ooh: :grin: )

mozlongtime
22nd June 2007, 10:02 AM
Thanks Elaine :wink: ......all I've got to do is put some music to the words (which ISN'T gonna be easy :!: )

How about the theme tune to "Tales of the unexpected"?

Good Ambition
22nd June 2007, 10:05 AM

:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

Maybe :P .........to be REALLY subversive, I could do a tune in the style of Take That.

Tik
22nd June 2007, 10:06 AM
imani

ju always write the lyrics first before the choon :?:

UBlong2me
22nd June 2007, 10:06 AM

aww come on! you can do it!! :D great lyrics, as usual, Imani :love:

elaine2005
22nd June 2007, 10:08 AM

got series 1 and 2 in a boxset with other junk dvds for 2.99 from the works the other day.

Need to know how many series they did cus i luv that cheesy 70s / 80s stuff old tv shows.

STING
22nd June 2007, 10:10 AM
fkin fantastic imani
and i think, yeah he always writes the lyrics before the choon cos lyrics are important to imani.........you can always get da reight choon later. that's wot i used to do too..........lyrics v v important :grin:

elaine2005
22nd June 2007, 10:10 AM

ed ( my luverly bruv ) has written sooooooooo much QUALITY stuff and he iritates the life outa me cus he does NOTHING with it.
He tends to do the music and then try to fit the lyrics round it ... id be like you ( lyrics 1st ).

I told him to at least get a myspace and stick some of his stuff on but he has BUNDLES OF TALENT but ZERO AMBITION :(

Good Ambition
22nd June 2007, 10:11 AM
imani

I usually do, Tiki..........occasionally I'll hear the melody first, but usually it's the lyrics that come first, then the rhythm of the words, the song subject, and even the title suggests what the mood or style's gonna be.

Cheers for asking. :D

Good Ambition
22nd June 2007, 10:12 AM

Cheers Moni........I'm off to the rehearse in a mo, so fingers crossed eh? :wink: :D

Good Ambition
22nd June 2007, 10:13 AM

got series 1 and 2 in a boxset with other junk dvds for 2.99 from the works the other day.

Need to know how many series they did cus i luv that cheesy 70s / 80s stuff old tv shows.

I'm after THE PROTECTORS, Elaine......and THE CHAMPIONS. 8) 8)

Good Ambition
22nd June 2007, 10:15 AM
fkin fantastic imani
and i think, yeah he always writes the lyrics before the choon cos lyrics are important to imani.........you can always get da reight choon later. that's wot i used to do too..........lyrics v v important :grin:

Thanks Sting :grin: ...yes, you're spot on.......so that's how you'd write as well?

Brian's way of writing has influenced me a lot.....but i think Elvis Costello is one of the greatest lyricists ever....so damn clever! 8)

Good Ambition
22nd June 2007, 10:16 AM

ed ( my luverly bruv ) has written sooooooooo much QUALITY stuff and he iritates the life outa me cus he does NOTHING with it.
He tends to do the music and then try to fit the lyrics round it ... id be like you ( lyrics 1st ).

I told him to at least get a myspace and stick some of his stuff on but he has BUNDLES OF TALENT but ZERO AMBITION :(

Elaine, I second that........FEEL THE FEAR AND DO IT ANYWAY, i say. :wink:

elaine2005
22nd June 2007, 10:17 AM

HOW NOSTALGIC WE BECOME in our late 30s / early 40s :lol:

AKA GEEKY http://www.cowboyscentral.com/bb/images/smilies/geek4fx.gif BUT HEY! Geeks are the NEW super heros dont ya know :lol:

mozlongtime
22nd June 2007, 10:17 AM
imani

T'is the way that UB40 do it.

UBlong2me
22nd June 2007, 10:18 AM

Cheers Moni........I'm off to the rehearse in a mo, so fingers crossed eh? :wink: :D

We'll be waiting for the result!! (not that I wanna push you or anything! :lol: :lol: ) Good luck with the rehearsal and most importantly....enjoy it!! :wink:

elaine2005
22nd June 2007, 10:21 AM
imani

T'is the way that UB40 do it.

ah well there you go then - cant argue with GENIUS 8) :lol:

STING
22nd June 2007, 10:22 AM
fkin fantastic imani

Thanks Sting :grin: ...yes, you're spot on.......so that's how you'd write as well?

Brian's way of writing has influenced me a lot.....but i think Elvis Costello is one of the greatest lyricists ever....so damn clever! 8)

yeah, i used to write quite a lot in me twenties. the songs were rough as fk o course, but i always put thought into the lyrics then went around humming stuff to try and mek it fit in..............i've still got a very old demo from the 80's of two of me songs.........tis ruffasfk but canny turn it into mp3 cos tis too complicated. i'll show it yer someday. despite it being a bit shite i'm still proud o it :roll::laff:

STING
22nd June 2007, 10:22 AM

have you not got em? do you want me to go look fer you????? :grin:

Emma
22nd June 2007, 05:13 PM
bleedin marvelous , as always :D :D :D :D

MAYBETOMORROW
23rd June 2007, 09:41 AM
Nice lyrics Imani 8)