PDA

View Full Version : DO YOU BELIEVE IN MEDIUMS?

Sylvie B
26th May 2007, 07:44 PM
Interested to see if anybody has ever consulted one before??

~Shaz~ (aka DubGal)
26th May 2007, 07:57 PM
i said no even though i do sometimes watch John Edward :shock: :roll: .....and theres a few friends of mine that have been to a guy around here that "seems" to be good.........BUT.....i dont actually believe that they're talking to dead people :? :? :?

~JENNY~
26th May 2007, 08:53 PM
We have a medium on the board :mrgreen:

Fiona Ruth also known as pixi too lol

At last minfest she was in our room an we all sat down to try an see if anyone cum through,, sumone called joseph did but we didnt no him :( well we THINK we didnt no him :ooh: one of us must have :laff:

Shes soooooooooooo nice too :D

Ang4UB40
26th May 2007, 09:15 PM
Never been to one myself, i do know people who have though, but never seen anything to convince me they are genuine, personally i think they take advantage of vulnerable people

Emma B
26th May 2007, 09:39 PM
I believe deffo....my mam went to see a local medium few weeks ago and her knew loads of stuff....he even knew that my brother had kicked a set of drawers upstairs and broke hes little toe!! amazin he was!!

Then i went to see the same man in a pub and he pickedthis guy out who ripped him to death saying he was lying until.....he told him that hes dad was there and that hes dad saw him drop an egg on the floor when making the tea and that he picked it back up and put it on the plate!! the guy was shocked and couldnt believe that he knew that!! he answered wit wow i did do that...but i didnt put it back on my plate i put it on hers (pointing to hes mrs) haha!

Im hoping to go see him sometime soon...im in the process of emailing him at the moment!

elaine2005
27th May 2007, 01:21 AM
nope :?

elaine2005
27th May 2007, 12:20 PM

That is to say ... i dont like the idea of SO CALLED MEDIUMS charging people to SUPPOSEDLY speak to their dead relatives n such like ... leaves clammy hands over me and a nasty taste in my mouth.

MAYBE ... Some of them are GENUINE but id say they are in the minority and that 99% of what they do is wild guesses at worst and at best ... good training and psychology.

Emma B
27th May 2007, 04:13 PM
yeah im also with you on that elaine...some are a load of shit...who make stuff up but you can tell them ones a mile off!

STING
27th May 2007, 04:15 PM

That is to say ... i dont like the idea of SO CALLED MEDIUMS charging people to SUPPOSEDLY speak to their dead relatives n such like ... leaves clammy hands over me and a nasty taste in my mouth.

MAYBE ... Some of them are GENUINE but id say they are in the minority and that 99% of what they do is wild guesses at worst and at best ... good training and psychology.

i also think there's another option too. what if some of us are able to read other people's minds? it's just as far flung as talking to the dead, so why not? we used to be able to communicate via esp until the world took oer, got too fast, too stressful and bunged up our minds wi shit. i'm definitely on the fence when it comes to this. i must say though that mandy goes to see a medium regularly and has almost talked me into going to see her too, though not quite.
i'd like to see what she's got to say for hersen. if she can truly tell me stuff i have never told anyone else then perhaps i'll believe it. but the best proof o the pudding to me is if she tells me summat even I don't fkin know and i have to guh ask the other person involved. perhaps i'll believe it then :grin:

ps. my cousin ,danny, is a medium but he'll never tell me owt cos he dunt 'do' family cos he obviously knows too much about us all for any o us to tek him seriously innit?

Sylvie B
27th May 2007, 06:09 PM
was thinking of going to one......my sister in law paid alot of money to see a very reputable one in London.it was taped & the medium named me BY NAME AS WELL AS HUBBY :shock:
We listened in silence & it was the most quiet few minutes after that I can remember for a long time.Then my husband proceeded to tell his little sister that she must have told him stuff before the tape went ahead.....she was insistant that she did not & I believed her;they were spookily very accurate with their info in respect of yourself only knowing that & the like ......to which he said what a load of old bollox.........& he is of Romany desent & you know what that lot can have you believe :lol:
I've been told its the Devil who is comunicating with them when the deceased come through.... :?
Still in two minds whether to go :?

Grinner
27th May 2007, 06:31 PM
my daughter went to one the other day and the woman taped it,bunch of b-lls--t if you ask me :roll:

MAYBETOMORROW
27th May 2007, 11:46 PM

Yes we do Jenny, however one must be sceptical sometimes of the "self-professed" medium :wink:

:D

Bytheway2006
28th May 2007, 08:59 PM
Never seen one don't want to either

STING
28th May 2007, 11:17 PM
Never seen one don't want to either

ooooooooooooooooooooooooh! :ooh:

MAYBETOMORROW
28th May 2007, 11:52 PM
I used to be a medium................

.........but now I'm a large :?

:lol:

GefferyMorgan
29th May 2007, 10:05 AM
Here's what i think: If something is real...whether it be God, mediums, the easter bunny or whatever...then it is there whether we believe in it or not...and if it isn't real, the same applies. It isn't there, no matter what we believe.

Nicola R
29th May 2007, 09:20 PM
:angel: .......
My great grandma was a medium.......& her family (children) use to be all into that kinda thing too

My sister use to have an invisible friend as a child does this count? lol......but then again she did see the spirit of her mother inlaw on the day she died even though she was hundreds of mile away :shock: I think that may be similar to a medium's ability..maybe she's inherited it.....but we rarely talk about things like that......dunno why

I'm really really am intrigued with it & I sometimes feel I confuse intuition with psychic ability.....I'm still watching most haunted most evenings but do scoff & try & find a logical explanation at some of their encounters...Derek is becming more posessed every series :shock: .....but I'm one who needs hard evidence..... :?

Keith has had a couple of unexplained encounters & even my daughter says she's seen the ghost of an old woman......

I've never been to see a medium but would go with an open mind if I ever got the opportunity.........Like I said- I'm intrigued......also with the meaning of dreams...angels.........crystals.......tarot ect...

...................great topic ......I'm off to watch Most Haunted
:wink:

Lord F
30th May 2007, 05:00 PM
yes i think all American roads should have them :lol:

GefferyMorgan
30th May 2007, 05:52 PM
My mom is a medium....and so are a couple of people in my family, i think. As for me, i'm an XL :laff: :laff: :laff:

elaine2005
30th May 2007, 06:22 PM
My mom is a medium....and so are a couple of people in my family, i think. As for me, i'm an XL :laff: :laff: :laff:

LMAO :lol: :laff:

Fiona Ruth
30th May 2007, 11:08 PM

Fiona Ruth also known as pixi too lol

At last minfest she was in our room an we all sat down to try an see if anyone cum through,, sumone called joseph did but we didnt no him :( well we THINK we didnt no him :ooh: one of us must have :laff:

Shes soooooooooooo nice too :D

Thanks Jen & I thought Mags said it could have been her uncle.

Anyway I spose my answer has to be yes, although there are always people out there who will take advantage and abuse things by not being genuine.
Just be careful who you go to is my advice, and remember every spiritual church has a visiting medium to take the service each week. This is free and if your passed over friends or relatives want to reassure you, you will get a message.

San Diego
4th June 2007, 09:09 PM
No. I find them a little too baggy for me.. :grin: I'll stick with the small. :grin:

Taffy aka SuzieQ
11th June 2007, 11:25 AM
i said yes but its more of a yes and no,Ive saw 1 and she was bang on nice thing was you werent allowed to say a word she told whoever she was speakin to stuff no one else knew which was cool also others have told me the same kind of thing when they have saw them,but i know others who have been to them and was basically tryin to convince them that wot they were sayin was correct.

mamto3girls
12th June 2007, 02:03 PM
yes been attending spiritualst churches for years so i do believe in it all, call me weird or what ya like dunt really care

suzanne weaver
14th June 2007, 09:36 PM
There are good and bad mediums, but for me i've been told too many things over the years that no one else could have known only me. So i guess my answer must be yes!
I hadn't been to see a medium for a number of years but must confess to finding a very good medium this year through recommendation, to give an example i went to see this lady (last month) who informed that something was going to happen (not bad) to someone i know, within a week of my reading everything on my tape started to come true and still is! :shock: , i was also given a message to give to a friend, when i asked my friend if he had known the decessed who had died through his own doing years earlier, his reply was yes!
When i have a reading i just go to see whats said, i dont let it rule my life, i just think if it happens then it happens, i have been told things that should be happening in my life in the next 12 to 18 months, again not bad things, good and exciting really, well for me anyway, just dont think hubby will be to pleased thats all and i can do without the hassle in my life!!! :lol:

PIXI
2nd July 2007, 10:10 PM
No medium should ever tell you anything bad.

There is a diference between psychics and mediums.

Psychics work with YOU and what they can pick up from your aura etc. They do fortune telling type of stuff

Mediums work with spirit people who have passed on and do not predict your future. They never give a bad message and strive to reassure people & bring comfort.

A medium can also be psychic, but a psychic is not a medium

albadragon
5th July 2007, 10:33 PM
I have been to a spirtulist church loads of times and had a couple of one to one readings. I dont take any notice of whats surposed to happen in my future, but its nice to be told things no one else knows. When my mum died in January this year, I didnt go for a few weeks, and actually got a message via a local medium who told me things he couldnt have known, partly cos my mum didnt live anywhere near me. He told me how she died, what happened and gave me some very good info noone else could have known.
But yes, i have also seen some pretty crap 'mediums' and also seen some very good ones.