PDA

View Full Version : coventry ...

elaine2005
10th March 2007, 04:42 PM
:?
anyone here from coventry ?

If so i apologise before i start.

My daughter ( eldest ) told me that its 100 times better than Brum shops ... cleaner ... more choice ... nicer people ... etc-etc.

Oh and right next to the train station.

OK ...SO i took my other daughter ( to look for a prom dress ) and bits n peices and my son.

WHAT A PERFORMANCE! For starters its not right by the train station AT ALL... Had to get a bus from the wood to marston green a train from there to coventry, walk from there to the shops and then the same back except i got a taxi from coventry to train station cus i couldnt recall the way we had gone.

Shops ... yeah ok ... HUMONGOUS PRIMARK, WILKOS, Pound shops ... they did have all the other ones ( further along ) but those 3 Shops dominate the center.

CLEANER ? Who you kiddin ? compared to the BULLRING / BRUM --- TOUCHWOOD / SOLIHULL Not a chance mate!

SPENT A FORTUNE IN THE END CUS I DIDNT WANT IT TO BE A WASTED JOURNEY.

Then on the way home in coventry train station , missed the train so i said they could have a sandwhich n drink in the waiting room cafe thing on the platform.

WAIT FOR IT :

CHEESE SALAD ON WHOLEMEAL SANDWHICH
2 TUNA BAGUETTES
3 PKS CRISPS AND 3 BOTTLES SPRING WATER ( as it was 99p for drink and crisps if you bought a sandwhich ).

TOTAL = 12.08

F*** O**!!!!

NEVER EVER EVER IF I LIVE TO BE 100 WILL I BE GOING THERE AGAIN.

Just wait till natalie comes in from work :shock: :roll:

janice
10th March 2007, 04:45 PM
you feel better now u got that of ur chest :D

elaine2005
10th March 2007, 04:46 PM
you feel better now u got that of ur chest :D

not much. :?

:roll: :lol:

San Diego
10th March 2007, 05:00 PM
Poor thing :friends: Sorry to hear that your day was so frustrating :friends:

Lou.B
10th March 2007, 05:31 PM
So it's still a shithole 13 yrs on then :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

San Diego
10th March 2007, 05:34 PM
((crosses Coventy off of "sights to see" list....)) :laff: :laff:

STING
10th March 2007, 06:47 PM
you shoulda fkin known. never heard o being sent to coventry? no fker wants dat nah do they???? :shock: :evil:

Tik
10th March 2007, 06:51 PM
Laine i can confirm that Coventry is a shit hole once described by Ray Bembo as somewhere people take there dogs for a shit

STING
10th March 2007, 06:53 PM
:laff::laff::laff: x more

San Diego
10th March 2007, 06:55 PM
Laine i can confirm that Coventry is a shit hole once described by Ray Bembo as somewhere people take there dogs for a shit

:D

STING
10th March 2007, 06:56 PM

:D int that sposed to be :evil: fi?

San Diego
10th March 2007, 06:57 PM

No...........

STING
10th March 2007, 06:59 PM

No...........

bollox den! i woulda used dat...........mutter,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,moan,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,whinge :roll:

San Diego
10th March 2007, 07:00 PM

No...........

bollox den! i woulda used dat...........mutter,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,moan,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,whinge :roll:

Should be "their"...the ownership tense.. :grin:

STING
10th March 2007, 07:01 PM

No...........

Should be "their"...the ownership tense.. :grin:

i fkin know that. but if i ever found a spelling mistake i used to always use this > :evil: just to point it out! :grin:

San Diego
10th March 2007, 07:03 PM
I'm a little bit more "in your face"....fk subtleties :evil:

elaine2005
10th March 2007, 08:44 PM
:lol: pmsl @ somewhere they take dogs for a shi* lol

ANYWAY ... APARENTLY it would apear , according to daughter dear ... i was in the WRONG shopping center ? Oh really, you mean there was more :o its like 5 weird mishmashed shopping centers all built at different times mushed in one space.

WELL ... She said she likes it and is going to shop there from now on.

FAIR ENOUGH ... IM NOT. lol :lol:

Rachel~B
10th March 2007, 09:11 PM
elaine...theres a nice one by the new footie stadium...huge tesco...fkin killer tht is...wouldnt like to go there when theyre playin at home tho ;)

Sarah.K
10th March 2007, 09:14 PM
Coventry centres a shithole...my family live nearby and its not changed in years...Brums 110% better 8)
The only decent shops in Cov are the ones in the retail park next to the train station!

BRUMMY UB
10th March 2007, 09:29 PM
COV IS FULL OF IN-BREDS :lol: :lol:

elaine2005
10th March 2007, 10:01 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: i thought everyone was gonna go mad @ me lmao
Instead you all agree ... infact some of you have been much ruder than me. :lol: :lol:

LUV IT. :twisted: :wink:

Sylvie B
10th March 2007, 10:48 PM
Oh Brum is lovely to shop in......I really liked it when I came up there from the smoke :D

Whats the sayin SENT TO COVENTRY WHEN YA NOT SPEAKIN TO SOMEBODY :lol: NOW WE KNOW WHY :wink:

elaine2005
10th March 2007, 10:58 PM
I swear im bound to get HATE MAIL for this thread ( though it seems to be going well @ the mo ) :o :lol:

kate13
10th March 2007, 11:18 PM
ANYWAY ... APARENTLY it would apear , according to daughter dear ... i was in the WRONG shopping center ? Oh really, you mean there was more :o its like 5 weird mishmashed shopping centers all built at different times mushed in one space.

WELL ... She said she likes it and is going to shop there from now on.

FAIR ENOUGH ... IM NOT. lol :lol:

Elaine you must have found the one built before the war :lol: :lol:

NEPCHOON ROSE
10th March 2007, 11:22 PM
lainy why are you listening to your 1st born :laff: they tell you only rubbish......i am the 1st born and if you ask my mum she will agree :D

simsam
11th March 2007, 12:33 AM
LOL - I agree about the Cov, Solihull is my fave, not so big like the Bull Ring. I get lost wandering around trying to find what I want :)

And Cov, yes .... Pool Meadow Bus Station is also not the cleanest going, and could do with the bulldozers coming in !

and that was one expensive baguette Elaine - yikes ! did they bake the bread for you on site for that price ?

next time, stick to what you know, and the shops on the Town Centre are OK anyway. New Look, Peacocks etc. I think its a shame that Food Giant went years ago :(.

Sam x :)

brenda
11th March 2007, 02:30 PM
:( cov was ok when i lived near there in a village 5 miles away years ago :D we always said that it was brum that was a shit hole :) but i havent been in the centre for years so cant say if its ok or not now :lol:

Good Ambition
11th March 2007, 02:43 PM
COV is the home of 2 tone, so it always has a special resonance fer me, Elaine. :grin:

elaine2005
11th March 2007, 02:47 PM
:( cov was ok when i lived near there in a village 5 miles away years ago :D we always said that it was brum that was a shit hole :) but i havent been in the centre for years so cant say if its ok or not now :lol:

Oooops! well parts of brum are indeed SHI*HOLES lol - as with any place i suppose and technically i dont even live in brum myself now. Though thats mere formality re the council. But sit on the bus for 5 mins in most directions and im back in brum.

COV is the home of 2 tone, so it always has a special resonance fer me, Elaine. :grin:

Hmmm ... that and LADY GODIVA :? :lol: :lol: :P

brenda
11th March 2007, 03:01 PM

Oooops! well parts of brum are indeed SHI*HOLES lol - as with any place i suppose and technically i dont even live in brum myself now. Though thats mere formality re the council. But sit on the bus for 5 mins in most directions and im back in brum.

Hmmm ... that and LADY GODIVA :? :lol: :lol: :PWELL NO MATTER MY OTHER HALF IS FROM BRUM SO IT MUST BE OK THING SHOULD GET BETTER IN PLACES AND CITYS NICE AND TIDEY NO EXCUSE IN THIS DAY AND AGE :(

brenda
11th March 2007, 03:07 PM
I swear im bound to get HATE MAIL for this thread ( though it seems to be going well @ the mo ) :o :lol:THATS OK ELAINE I DONT HATE YOU :lol: YOU ONLY SAYING WHAT YOU KNOW IS TRUE :D

elaine2005
11th March 2007, 03:22 PM
PHEW! :wink:

http://www.itpr.co.uk/photography/godiva_72.jpg

2Tony
12th March 2007, 10:39 AM
You can't slag off the home of 2Tone :shock: