UBlong2me
9th March 2007, 07:34 PM
not my cup of tea :?

sweetsensation
9th March 2007, 07:34 PM
not crap

STING
9th March 2007, 07:36 PM
i hate it all cos it's too disjointed n not v musical. i'm sure imani will have summat to say about this though cos he likes it. once i went to a pub wi me sister 'the beast' and the beast is dead pretentious. she took me to a jazz ting. i fell asleep on the floor at the back of the room and then woke up in the horrors with all the fkin racket. i had to jump oer a seven foot wall to get outta the place(actually there was a gate there somewhere but i couldnae find it and i wanted outta there fkin pronto) :aagh:

San Diego
9th March 2007, 07:48 PM
I love it............Blues too... :love:

UBlong2me
9th March 2007, 07:55 PM
I love Blues :love: but Jazz get's on my nerves..(the uptempo stuff) and the slow stuff bores me...(yawwwnnn) :)

sweetsensation
9th March 2007, 08:03 PM
once i went to a pub wi me sister she took me to a jazz ting. i fell asleep on the floor at the back of the room and then woke up in the horrors with all the fkin racket.

:laff: :laff: :laff:

Dutchess
9th March 2007, 08:56 PM
Depends...love the old jazz, think the new stuff is crap

elaine2005
9th March 2007, 09:14 PM
i used to hate it , was in the box of rubbish along with tartan slippers, harmoicas, american tan tights, azure blue tank tops .... n the like BUT imani FORCED me to listen to it once and some of its ok ... ish :wink:

But the rest is http://www.dierinbeeld.nl/animal_files/fish/carp/carp.jpg

San Diego
9th March 2007, 09:21 PM
i used to hate it , was in the box of rubbish along with tartan slippers, harmoicas, american tan tights, azure blue tank tops .... n the like BUT imani FORCED me to listen to it once and some of its ok ... ish :wink:

Carp??? :twisted:

STING
9th March 2007, 09:22 PM

Carp??? :twisted:

i couldnae comment cos i don't know one fkin fish from another. could be a goldfish for all i know :roll:

Good Ambition
10th March 2007, 10:09 AM
Miles Davis is the DON! :aagh: .....it's just another set o' sounds.......i hate labels of genres, mesen. :wink:

littlecrow
10th March 2007, 10:15 AM
Only ever heard a few bits of jazz here and there, some is ok , but it does go on a bit.

Mone
10th March 2007, 10:27 AM
crap?

or not crap?

i say crap :grin:

Not crap. :D

Sarah.K
10th March 2007, 10:48 AM
Deffo not crap,but not always my cuppa tea :)

Good Ambition
10th March 2007, 11:46 AM
hee hee........Funny to read about me forcing Elaine to listen to jazz (Miles' KIND OF BLUE album, werenit? :wink: )

There are some jazz recordings that I loved from the start......i always liked Herbie Hancock's music on the Blue Note label, in fact lotsa stuff on the Blue Note label....bits of Miles, and Coltrane....others i thought was just nonsense.....it teks time.......

But wot i'd like to say to Tiks and all the peeps who ain't feeling it is that there are more elements of jazz in the music yerz are famiilair with than you may realise.......If you listen to Jerry Dammers and some jazz keyboard players like Jimmy Smith and even Jackie Mitto, it's the same sound......Rico's playing with the Specials is steeped in jazz, not surprising being from the Skatalites, the grandfathers of reggae.....and i hear it in many of BT's horn section melodies and solo melodies.....(not surpriseing when you consider that John coltrane and Sonny Rollins are big heroes for BT, hinnit?).........Tiks, i know yer a Prince fan, and Prince's music is soaked up in jazz (and lots of other stuff of course)......i used to have this wiv r kid Stu, who's a big Prince fan.......i'd say, how come you don't dig the jazz stuff i play you and Prince is doing the SAME THING? :?: Listen to Rainbow Children, Parade album etc...........

I'll shut up now- for a while. :D

Good Ambition
10th March 2007, 11:47 AM
I prefer the older stuff too........... every music was better back in the day, with a few exceptions.

Good Ambition
10th March 2007, 11:56 AM
i hate it all cos it's too disjointed n not v musical. i'm sure imani will have summat to say about this though cos he likes it. once i went to a pub wi me sister 'the beast' and the beast is dead pretentious. she took me to a jazz ting. i fell asleep on the floor at the back of the room and then woke up in the horrors with all the fkin racket. i had to jump oer a seven foot wall to get outta the place(actually there was a gate there somewhere but i couldnae find it and i wanted outta there fkin pronto) :aagh:

most of wot you hear in some likl pub ain't saying shit, Sting...... :wink:

Nods
10th March 2007, 01:23 PM
aint everyones thing is it.

I think the modern progressive style is the musical version of Tourettes however couldn`t do without my Coltrane and Rollins.....

STING
10th March 2007, 02:38 PM

most of wot you hear in some likl pub ain't saying shit, Sting...... :wink:

well it certainly said 'shit' to me imaners :aagh: i couldnae get oot quick enuff! :roll:

~JENNY~
10th March 2007, 02:39 PM
:shock: CRAP!

STING
10th March 2007, 02:45 PM
:shock: CRAP!

mebbe we're just too immature musically shroove to appreciate the finer points of jazz! :grin:

or perhaps it's just crap like you said :grin:

~JENNY~
10th March 2007, 02:46 PM
jus crap :twisted: :twisted: :P laff:

STING
10th March 2007, 02:53 PM
jus crap :twisted: :twisted: :P laff:

i think so too :grin: does yer box in dunt it?

simsam
11th March 2007, 12:47 AM
Hello !

I like jazz, so not crap from me.

Jazz In The Plaza is a great album. Straight, No Chaser is my fave tune from the genius of Miles Davis and John Coltrane :)

More up to date, I do like Jamie Cullums take on jazz, giving it a fresh spin on things.

Cheers !

Sam :) xx

kate13
11th March 2007, 01:32 AM
Jazz & blues i'd say they both overlap.

You have very hard jazz :eek: and easy listenin jazz.

Jazz to me is nina simone, Ella fitzgerald, billie holiday, sarah vaughan, louie armstrong, ray charles, nat king cole etc even tony bennett is playing jazz.

Old hard blues were you can see the funeral procession walking along :eek: i tend to pass on....I'm more likely to listen to older easy listen jazz than new....but i do like jamie cullen.

Good Ambition
11th March 2007, 02:10 PM
Hello !

Jazz In The Plaza is a great album. Straight, No Chaser is my fave tune from the genius of Miles Davis and John Coltrane :)

More up to date, I do like Jamie Cullums take on jazz, giving it a fresh spin on things.

Cheers !

Hiya Sam.....i have that album- i like MY FUNNY VALENTINE best............in fact, i have most of what Miles has recorded. :D I thnk Jamie Cullum s very talented, and a humble guy too from what i've seen on interviews.

STING
11th March 2007, 08:43 PM
Hello !

Cheers !

Hiya Sam.....i have that album- i like MY FUNNY VALENTINE best............in fact, i have most of what Miles has recorded. :D I thnk Jamie Cullum s very talented, and a humble guy too from what i've seen on interviews.

i like my funny valentine by elvis costello :haha: