PDA

View Full Version : WHICH RELIGION ARE YOU ?

elaine2005
20th February 2007, 03:06 PM
Or like me ... do you not belong to any religion and still believe in God ?

I personally dont need to be part of a church or a group in order to give thanks to my creator BUT i dont have any problems with anyone who does attend groups / churches - ive been there - tried it , just wasnt for me.

:angel:

loekie
20th February 2007, 03:09 PM
Well Elaine I'm a catholic and yes I'm a believer too. But don't go to a church because I don't agree with a lot of things they are saying. But so now and then I visit the little chappel in my town, just to lighten a candle :friends:

elaine2005
20th February 2007, 03:20 PM
some of the churches are beautiful :friends:

I wanted to add more options but it wouldnt let me ... sorry to other religions.

Dutchess
20th February 2007, 03:44 PM
Im catholic, but not churchgoing or believer...I do believe there's more that the eye can see, but if its a God, Angels, Spirits or Ghosts even, dunno. I do know that believing has helped me through some very tough times.

I do like to visit churches for architectional reasons though!

elaine2005
20th February 2007, 03:50 PM
Pretty much the same as me then dutchess. :)

My family are 50/50 ... catholic - christian ( ive been members of both churches in my time ) lovely, lovely places and people but just didnt feel right to me. x

Oh ... except for the members of my family who dont believe or are like me ... so make that 40/50/10 :haha:

NEPCHOON ROSE
20th February 2007, 08:00 PM
other but i try to follow buddhist teachings

KGB_I_was_NOT
20th February 2007, 08:33 PM
As a recovering atheist (not by choice, but by upbringing), I think of myself as agnostic.... for now ;)

Nicola R
21st February 2007, 11:07 AM
My family are all Christians So I suppose I should be..........but I personally can relate to Buddhist teachings & philosophy more than any other religion.........
:friends:

~JENNY~
21st February 2007, 01:00 PM
wats the differnnce between catholic and christian??? i dont no wot i am, i might even be prodestant! :aagh: i ant gota clue :ooh: :laff: all i no is ive been christened?? does that make me a christian or catholic :?

Miriam
21st February 2007, 04:13 PM
I'm an atheist

elaine2005
21st February 2007, 04:16 PM
wats the differnnce between catholic and christian??? i dont no wot i am, i might even be prodestant! :aagh: i ant gota clue :ooh: :laff: all i no is ive been christened?? does that make me a christian or catholic :?

A RULE OR 3 HUN ... :haha: :friends:

:laff: @ I might even be prodestant. If your not catholic then you can be if you like :grin:

Aaron A
23rd February 2007, 07:26 AM
UB40-ist is not listed :ooh: :bigwink:

UBlong2me
23rd February 2007, 10:11 AM
:rolleyes: I believe in the power of Nannas :laff: :laff: :haha:

UBlong2me
23rd February 2007, 10:12 AM
Seriously...I'm not religious, more spiritual :love: :friends:

Tik
23rd February 2007, 10:12 AM
im a canine fundamentalist :dog:

Clubreggae
23rd February 2007, 11:10 AM
I beleive that we look after ourselves and that we are our own God :grin: and our own Devil :aagh:

We make our own choices with what we do, and can only hope for safety and happiness within our boundaries.

Peace, Health, and happiness to all is what I wish for.

But life can be a bitch and that aint always so :aagh: :rolleyes:

:friends: :friends:

Grinner
26th February 2007, 12:22 PM
catholic,and practising :D

Grinner
26th February 2007, 12:23 PM
catholic,and practising :Dnow and then,because there are things i disagree with :wink:

STING
26th February 2007, 05:39 PM
i put rastafari. so i'm lying; so fkin sue me :D :D :D :D :D

i'm more of a rasta than any o the others. i would say agnostic, but i wanna be a rasta today :D

Groovy 40
27th February 2007, 01:13 AM
i didnt vote coz i aint got a clue :shock: :?

the only time i go to church is weddings & funerals

Seahorse
27th February 2007, 02:16 AM
Where we live it's 'very' important which church you belong to. I have been told I will go to hell because I don't go to church. My response, I will go where ever I'm going.
I actually thought, how you treated others, and who you are, was more important than where you go on a Sunday morning.
Obviously not the case here.
Well.............. have I go news for all of them in their Sunday best, who think they are good people solely because they attend church etc. That's doesn't make you a good person!!! It's how you treat others etc. Also confirmed by the minister of the non denomination church who married Dave and I.
By the way I was brought up protestant, C of E.
Get me to cross the threshhold of a church apart from weddings, christenings and funerals. I'm sure I'd burst into flames.
With that all said, I believe what ever it is I believe, it's a private matter and nothing to do with anyone else.
I'll get off my soap box now. :)

bobby
28th February 2007, 02:53 PM
jedi

MAYBETOMORROW
15th March 2007, 12:21 AM
OUR LAGER PRAYER

Our Lager which art in barrels,
Hallowed be thy drink.
Thy will be drunk,
I will be drunk,
At home as in the tavern.

Give us this day our foamy head,
And forgive us our spillages,
As we forgive those who spill against us.
And lead us not into incarceration,
But deliver us from hangovers.

For thine is the Beer, The Bitter, and the Lager.

Barmen.

8)

Taffy aka SuzieQ
10th April 2007, 07:54 PM
I aint got a religion, i do believe in something but not so much a god more of fate and destiny....hard top explain so if u make sense of it can you tell me cos ive confused myself thinking about it........yes Di before or if you comment im confused easily :?

Leedz Crew
13th April 2007, 12:39 PM
I'm a practising Sufi Muslim. Sufi's focus more on inward spirituality and love of God, all Prophets and all living things.I believe in not just Islam but also believe that Judaism and Christianity are all of one faith, so we just celebrate our beliefs and similarities, not our ongoing differences. Love to all mankind and pray we become better people as part of a global family. I like many other Muslims have a beard, but respect all creeds, colours and religions. Islam=Peace+ Love!!!!

Bytheway2006
15th April 2007, 12:24 AM
Atheist

swanie
28th June 2007, 03:48 PM
I'm a christian.
I got baptised 30 januari 2005

yoyo
1st July 2007, 12:59 PM
Hi Swanie good to see you back posting hope you are ok

swanie
19th July 2007, 01:00 PM
hi yoyo I am fine thank you, I hope you are ok too?

SuGgS
19th July 2007, 09:37 PM
a blast from the past........halllllooo ,,,hope ya well

from darren, doris,lisa

Emma B
23rd July 2007, 12:29 AM
Not bin christend....so im nuffin....dunno about god....fk knows if he existed....like moni...im more spiritual.... :D

mamto3girls
25th July 2007, 11:29 PM
I aint got a religion, i do believe in something but not so much a god more of fate and destiny....hard top explain so if u make sense of it can you tell me cos ive confused myself thinking about it........yes Di before or if you comment im confused easily :?

nooooooooooooooooooooo comment susan!!! :)

Aaron A
26th July 2007, 06:11 AM
I'm a practising Sufi Muslim. Sufi's focus more on inward spirituality and love of God, all Prophets and all living things.I believe in not just Islam but also believe that Judaism and Christianity are all of one faith, so we just celebrate our beliefs and similarities, not our ongoing differences. Love to all mankind and pray we become better people as part of a global family. I like many other Muslims have a beard, but respect all creeds, colours and religions. Islam=Peace+ Love!!!!

I just threw-up a little bit in my mouth. I wish, wish, wish that were true.

Good Ambition
1st August 2007, 12:40 PM
Or like me ... do you not belong to any religion and still believe in God ?

I personally dont need to be part of a church or a group in order to give thanks to my creator BUT i dont have any problems with anyone who does attend groups / churches - ive been there - tried it , just wasnt for me.

:angel:

That pretty much sums me up, Elaine. my only criticism of christians and muslims in particular is that they can tend to be very close minded. Probably the same goes for those who practise Judaism, but I've had more contact with christians/muslims. They each claim to be THE ONE, yet most of what's in the bible and the koran goes back THOUSANDS of years before. Yet, each of these religions has had no problem killing "pagans" (ahem)...."pagans" who happen to be the source of bilical/koranic teachings.

Ain't the world luvverly? :?

Leedz Crew
9th August 2007, 09:06 PM
Guess everyones entitled to their own opinions and beliefs. Some like to argue, others like to debate while very few celebrate and embrace the idea of different faith groups and cultures. Peace to all believers and non believers. :D

shaliq
13th August 2007, 11:34 AM
Peace! Jah! Rastafari!!

Helena
13th August 2007, 11:52 AM
these organised religions just seem to do more harm than good and are the source of many conflicts. It just doesn't seem worth it. And with all due respect to those that are religious, it almost seems like a form of brainwashing. I mean who do these religious leaders think they are acting like theirs is the only way. I'm not against the idea that there is something out there, but why have there got to be so many rules and regulations within a religion that tell you what you can and can't believe. Why can't religious organisations be more open minded

Good Ambition
22nd August 2007, 09:13 AM
But my bottom line is that all religions, Islam, Christianity, Judaism especially, were created by the secret society bloodlines to keep the world at war and keep the minds of the human race dumbed down and create powere and control for said elite.....THEY HAVE BEEN MASSIVELY SUCCESSFUL AND CONTINUE TO BE SO, because most of us have been conditioned to fear the truth, even the truth that sets u free and would end the wars!!! The pope knows this, any Ayatollah, high ranking imam and islamic scholar, any rabbi knows this....the thing is, the won't tell the people who follow them, because these (mis) leaders are high rank masons. They say, e.g, "Let them deal with rhe bible/koran/torah.....WE'LL go into our masonic lodge and deal with the TRUTH".

Praise the lord............ :?

AMANDLA UB40
7th January 2008, 10:51 AM
none! :roll:

AMANDLA UB40
7th January 2008, 10:51 AM
I BELIEVE IN FIRST LOVE...AND REAL LOVE :wink:

Frankie
9th January 2008, 10:46 AM
I really don't know which one to choose here. I was christened by my parents as C of E but I don't go to church. My ex wife was a catholic so we had to go to church a few times before we were married. Personally, I have tried going to church but I really can't see what the point of it is. Good luck to the people that go there and get the right buzz from it. I believe living life a day at a time and making the most of it. The only things in life that are certain are that you will be born, get screwed by the government and you die. I do believe that the spirit lives on after the body has died. What the spirit does, I won't know for certain until I get there myself. If the spirit has any choice in where is goes then mine will be somewhere it can hear UB40 playing.

Wether or not there is a god or several gods out there looking out for us I wouldn't like to say. If there is then my argument is ... how can they let their followers go through so much pain and torment in their lives? And there are people that go to places of worship regularly and worship their god ... yet these followers can still be inflicted with terminal diseases, bitter losses and terrible physical or emotional pain. Doesn't seem right to me. Yet these people still make it to church every week. Why? Because these people get the same buzz standing in church as you or I would standing in the aisles at a UB40 concert.

My partner is a strong believer in wicca which is very similar to paganism. This religion is alot older than christianity and the catholic church tried to stamp it out and it's followers but it is actually one of the fastest growing religions. They do not believe in gods as such. They believe more in elemental things ... things that can be seen or touched. They believe in not hurting other people as it will come back on them worse. Sounds good to me.

Anyway, back to the original question. I cannot vote for any of the above because I don't believe I have a religion but I am open to all of them and will sit and listen to anyones believes and not slate them for what they believe in if it makes them happy. I am a very logical person and I've sat and had plenty of people try to convert me but I always end up in a debate about certain points of their religion.

Anyway ... that's enough from me (I'm supposed to be working lol)

All hail UB40 :lol:

~Shaz~ (aka DubGal)
9th January 2008, 11:01 AM
Nicely put!!

I am Catholic but not a regular church go-er....weddings , funerals, baptisms etc...
Find it hard to listen to them preaching.....its seems to be a case of do what i say not as i do :?
Too many people have been abused or hurt in some way in the name of religion...seems every conflict going on in the world has to do with religion in some way....i find it difficult to believe in a God/higher power allowing people to self destruct :? :cry:
Just my opinion....

FATHER TED2
9th January 2008, 01:10 PM
agree with hels and imani, most religions are two faced and inflame prejudice, i was bought up as a catholic and they're prob the worst, they preach about how much you're free to do but at every oppertunity they get, they judge ya

Crump
9th January 2008, 02:48 PM
athiest .. dont know why .. manily because i hate knowing that little babys die at birth and other little things like that if god was as good as he was ment to be then why would those things happen :(

Wayniac
12th January 2008, 02:18 PM
I'm a Spiritualist. I'm a Medium & Healer.

j59 - storyteller
20th February 2008, 02:37 PM
[quote="Wayniac"]I'm a Spiritualist. I'm a Medium & Healer.[/quote

I am a Spiritualist , it's a way of life not a religion.

love j x

Dean M
20th February 2008, 02:41 PM
OUR LAGER PRAYER

Our Lager which art in barrels,
Hallowed be thy drink.
Thy will be drunk,
I will be drunk,
At home as in the tavern.

Give us this day our foamy head,
And forgive us our spillages,
As we forgive those who spill against us.
And lead us not into incarceration,
But deliver us from hangovers.

For thine is the Beer, The Bitter, and the Lager.

Barmen.

8)

im looking for a religion :beer:
think i found my first prayer

lara.1973
20th February 2008, 04:31 PM
methodist, although i never go to church

themill1972
14th March 2008, 06:18 PM
c of e

Sal
15th March 2008, 11:08 PM
There should only be one "religion" for every living soul on this earth..................that being to have respect for everyone else walking on this planet and to love and cherish your family.........thats it, end of.............Amen :)

Sorry peeps.........God does not exist for me but that does'nt mean I dont respect other peoples views on that argument........its all about what works for you and makes you happy :wink:

Rebel Soul
20th March 2008, 09:57 AM
There are some good things said in the religious texts, if you can sift it out from the dogma and prejudice...........

But with respect to any devotee, be it Christian or Muslim, these religions were spread mainly by conquering and bullying other peoples to believe- it's a form of imperialism.

I say that your own life is your religion, for want of a better word.

Fido!
10th August 2008, 12:20 AM
Atheist.

Religion was invented as a means of control, you can't do this, you can't do that and you must do the other.

If there was a god, why did it give us free will?
Why would it let innocents suffer and die young, and yet the selfish live for as long as they can pay for healthcare?

Religion is only about six thousand years old, but mankind is much older. The Earth is millions of years older and the sun billions. Why don't any religions mention dinosaurs? That alone is conclusive proof of the non-existence of a god.

jp909
12th August 2008, 08:02 PM
I'm Wicca. No I don't worship the devil cause I don't believe in him

Rebel Soul
11th October 2008, 10:14 AM
Ultimately it doesn't matter what your religious belief is, OR if you're an atheist for that matter. Religion is no different from any other institution in this global "matrix" or "babylon" if you prefer...i.e, none of them are set up to inform you as to what is TRULY happening in the world, because if they DID then you wouldn't need one of them...e.g, there is no difference between the essential source of islam, christianity in all its sects...but did anyone in the church or mosque ever tell you that..?? No way, that would be too much like BRINGING PEOPLE TOGETHER...

The Jesus story? That stroy was COPIED by the church....it's much older than the birth of Christianity......why isn't this taught in churches or schools .....just a nice little money making scam every december, right?

and if they are supposed to elevate you as a human being, then can anyone tell me why you can't opnly question them without inviting accusations of blasphemy or worse! If a person is expressing their religion in a peaceful and caring way, then who can say anything? BUT: if that belief system is being forced and imposed, then it's messing with a person's free will

McDUB BOY aka Superal
12th October 2008, 10:53 AM
I,M A NOSTIC :?

McDUB BOY