PDA

View Full Version : Another oldie

mozlongtime
19th February 2007, 01:11 PM
A Nescafe sale rep manages to arrange a meeting with the Pope at the Vatican. After receiving the papal blessing, the Nescafe official whispers,

"Your eminence, we have an offer for you. Nescafe is prepared to donate 100 million to the church if you change the Lord's Prayer from 'Give us this day our daily bread' to 'Give us this day our daily coffee'."

The Pope responds, "That is impossible. The Prayer is the word of the Lord, It must not be changed." Well," says the Nescafe man, "We anticipated your reluctance. For this Reason, we will increase our offer to 300 million. All we require is that you change the Lord's Prayer from 'Give us this day our daily bread' to 'Give us this day our daily coffee'." Again, the Pope replies, "That, my son, is impossible. For the prayer is the word of the Lord and it must not be changed." Finally, the Nescafe guy says, "Your Holiness, we at Nescafe respect Your adherence to your faith, but we do have one final offer. We will donate 500 million - that's half a billion quid - to the great Catholic church if you would only change the Lord's Prayer from 'Give us this day our daily bread' to 'Give us this day our daily coffee'.

Please consider it." And he leaves.

The next day the Pope convenes the College of Cardinals. "There is some Good news," he announces, "and some bad news.....

The good news is that the Church will come into 500 million."

"And the bad news, your Holiness?" asks a Cardinal.

"We're losing the Hovis Account." :grin:

:smokin: :smokin:

Tik
19th February 2007, 01:13 PM
:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

janice
19th February 2007, 01:15 PM
:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

loekie
19th February 2007, 01:48 PM
:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

San Diego
19th February 2007, 02:06 PM
:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: Don't you just love the world of advertising :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

mozlongtime
19th February 2007, 02:16 PM
:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: Don't you just love the world of advertising :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

NO :grrr:

:grin:

San Diego
19th February 2007, 02:19 PM
:laff: :laff: :laff: It pays the bills well my friend..... :grin: :grin: :laff: :laff:

loekie
19th February 2007, 02:19 PM

:ooh: :ooh: :ooh: :ooh: I'm shocked, will take another strong black coffee :haha:

mozlongtime
19th February 2007, 02:21 PM
:laff: :laff: :laff: It pays the bills well my friend..... :grin: :grin: :laff: :laff:

:beer: :grin:

San Diego
19th February 2007, 02:23 PM
:grin: More money....more beer......... :grin: :grin: Now you certainly can't argue with that logic, can you? :love:

mozlongtime
19th February 2007, 02:23 PM

:ooh: :ooh: :ooh: :ooh: I'm shocked, will take another strong black coffee :haha:

Steady on Gerdy :grin: :beer:

loekie
19th February 2007, 02:25 PM

Steady on Gerdy :grin: :beer:

Mozy-Wozy I'm at work, don't think my boss would aprove me having a :beer: :grin:

San Diego
19th February 2007, 02:26 PM
Put it in a cup with a lid Gerdy...where there is a will there is a way. :grin: :laff: :laff:

loekie
19th February 2007, 02:27 PM
Put it in a cup with a lid Gerdy...where there is a will there is a way. :grin: :laff: :laff:

Don't think that would work when I'm starting singing then :haha:

mozlongtime
19th February 2007, 02:28 PM
:grin: More money....more beer......... :grin: :grin: Now you certainly can't argue with that logic, can you? :love:

I would be too frightened to :aagh:

San Diego
19th February 2007, 02:29 PM
Just tell him you're happy and enjoy your job so much, who knows, maybe he'll give you a raise too :grin: :grin: :grin:

mozlongtime
19th February 2007, 02:29 PM
Am liking your approach Fi :laff:

San Diego
19th February 2007, 02:34 PM
:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: Old habits die hard Moz.. :laff: :laff: When I was in advertising my boss always used to tell me, "If you can't go through the front door find a way to get through the back door." :laff: :laff: :laff:

mozlongtime
19th February 2007, 02:35 PM

And dancing on you desk :aagh:

loekie
19th February 2007, 02:37 PM

mmmmmmmmm that would be funny, shall I ask him to take photo then :grin: :grin: :haha:

mozlongtime
19th February 2007, 02:38 PM

mmmmmmmmm that would be funny, shall I ask him to take photo then :grin: :grin: :haha:

Go on then :grin:

loekie
19th February 2007, 02:41 PM

Go on then :grin:

Sorry Moz, just asked him he thinks it is not a good idea :rolleyes: :rolleyes: , really don't know why :haha: