PDA

View Full Version : The "Saturday Nite Fever sucks" post

Good Ambition
11th November 2006, 03:52 PM
what a pile of bollox! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I've never watched it and never will.....it'd be a great Guantanamo torture, that. :rolleyes:

STING
11th November 2006, 03:53 PM
i luv john travolta's dancing, but apart from that, yip it's pants :grin:

Good Ambition
11th November 2006, 03:55 PM
i luv john travolta's dancing, but apart from that, yip it's pants :grin:

yeah, gorra admit, a coupla good tunes in there an' all........"more than a woman", innit? :grin:

KGB_I_was_NOT
11th November 2006, 03:58 PM
awww... the disco era.... I'm glad that tortureos period didn't last too long... lol

:friends: :friends: :friends:

Good Ambition
11th November 2006, 04:01 PM
awww... the disco era.... I'm glad that tortureos period didn't last too long... lol

:friends: :friends: :friends:

I was into punk and some new wave in that era.... :grin: ......the only decent disco was anything by Chic- besides that you could keep it!!

Mind you, Death Disco by PiL was pretty damn good. :bigwink: :grin:

KGB_I_was_NOT
11th November 2006, 04:06 PM
I was into punk and some new wave in that era.... :grin: ......the only decent disco was anything by Chic- besides that you could keep it!!

Death Disco? Sounds awfully "punkish" lol!! Back in the day, we were only "allowed" the non-threatening variety ("keep the masses happy")...
The likes of ABBA, Boney M (HUGELY popular in Russia at that time!), etc..

I only got into punk much much later, under the influence of my then American boyfriend (now my husband)

Degenerate
11th November 2006, 04:09 PM
you know, i've started to watch that film about 100 times. it was an old favourite of my ex-wife's i don't think i've ever seen the end of it, but i know the words for the 1st half an hour by heart.

STING
11th November 2006, 04:10 PM
death disco's a reight choon. reight b-line on that un :grin: :grin:

i also luvved chic and used to funk on down to 'contact' by edwin starr. wikkid. them were the days :grin: :grin: :grin:

p.s i luv the beegees too :grin:

San Diego
11th November 2006, 04:10 PM
you know, i've started to watch that film about 100 times. it was an old favourite of my ex-wife's i don't think i've ever seen the end of it, but i know the words for the 1st half an hour by heart.

Oh my God.... :aagh: ...and you freely admit to this :aagh: :bigwink:

Good Ambition
11th November 2006, 04:11 PM

Death Disco? Sounds awfully "punkish" lol!! Back in the day, we were only "allowed" the non-threatening variety ("keep the masses happy")...
The likes of ABBA, Boney M (HUGELY popular in Russia at that time!), etc..

I only got into punk much much later, under the influence of my then American boyfriend (now my husband)

Abba I didn't mind....at first anyways.........boney M?!!!!!! :eek:

Good Ambition
11th November 2006, 04:12 PM

Gosh Adam.....and I never made it past the trailer! :laff:

KGB_I_was_NOT
11th November 2006, 04:14 PM

Oh yeah... they were absolutely HUGE in Russia, and even did a gig in Moscow (1979 or 1980 I think)... the video of them in the Red Square, wearing furcoats, playing in snow.. :laff: :laff: :laff:

Good Ambition
11th November 2006, 04:14 PM
death disco's a reight choon. reight b-line on that un :grin: :grin:

i also luvved chic and used to funk on down to 'contact' by edwin starr. wikkid. them were the days :grin: :grin: :grin:

p.s i luv the beegees too :grin:

Tell me about it, Sting.......first band I was ever in, we used to jam on Death disco, always liked the bit where Swan Lake comes in. Fortunately for you, I don't have a recording of us "back in the day". :bigwink:

Good Ambition
11th November 2006, 04:16 PM

Oh yeah... they were absolutely HUGE in Russia, and even did a gig in Moscow (1979 or 1980 I think)... the video of them in the Red Square, wearing furcoats, playing in snow.. :laff: :laff: :laff:

I can imagine......them doing Rasputin an' all to win over the Russians- how cynical a marketing ploy is THAT? :)

KGB_I_was_NOT
11th November 2006, 04:18 PM
that song was officially "banned"... but it made everybody play it the most at private parties... lol

Degenerate
11th November 2006, 04:22 PM
it's not as if it was my choice to watch it... i had no choice

Erin
11th November 2006, 04:30 PM
My sister and I love to watch Saturday Night Fever for the pure cheeziness of it....if you watch it as a comedy, rather than a drama, its great fun...