PDA

View Full Version : Music in supermarkets

Good Ambition
11th November 2006, 12:25 PM
............heard someone talking on the radio other day about the way they use music in the supermarkets/malls to encourage people to buy things.........basically they said that at the early part of the day the music is fairly chilled out to get people to relax.......later in the day, towards closing time, they play more energetic stuff as if to say sub-consciously "hurry up and buy!!"......

It's more complex than this, because there are also subliminal tapes with embedded messages to get people to buy, or just not to steal! ("They Live" styleee? :ooh:) ........Not that it works; a few years back I used to work at C and A and in the three month space I was there, on TWO occasions some tief had driven up in a car, smashed the window and med off with a bunch of clothes! :grin:

Can't recall wot choons they were playing- but obviously it dint work! :laff: :haha: :bigwink:

Good Ambition
11th November 2006, 03:54 PM
In the shopping centre 2day, they were playing "Baby Come Back"......NOT 'cos there's a UB fan running the place, but cause some poor toddler lost his parents. :grin:

San Diego
11th November 2006, 03:55 PM
So they play "Watching the Detectives" for the shoplifters?

Good Ambition
11th November 2006, 03:57 PM
So they play "Watching the Detectives" for the shoplifters?

S.D you're a MIND READER!!! :eek: (and a witty so-and-so :laff: ) I was only playing that tune today and I was gonna look for it on youtube to post on Anarchy!! :grin:

you and Uri, huh? :bigwink:

San Diego
11th November 2006, 04:00 PM
Uri...........I'm not sure about that, he seems to get the girls in trouble. :bigwink:

I love Elvis Costello............... :love:

Good Ambition
11th November 2006, 04:03 PM
Uri...........I'm not sure about that, he seems to get the girls in trouble. :bigwink:

I love Elvis Costello............... :love:

Me too........truly awesome, inventive lyrics, great voice (he can sing just about any style), great songs.....doesn't get much better. :cool:

KGB_I_was_NOT
11th November 2006, 04:08 PM
........Not that it works; a few years back I used to work at C and A and in the three month space I was there, on TWO occasions some tief had driven up in a car, smashed the window and med off with a bunch of clothes! :grin:

Can't recall wot choons they were playing- but obviously it dint work! :laff: :haha: :bigwink:

:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: Errr... Maybe he was deaf?? :ooh: :bigwink: :haha:

Good Ambition
11th November 2006, 04:10 PM
........Not that it works; a few years back I used to work at C and A and in the three month space I was there, on TWO occasions some tief had driven up in a car, smashed the window and med off with a bunch of clothes! :grin:

:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: Errr... Maybe he was deaf?? :ooh: :bigwink: :haha:

either that, or someone put the wrong tapes in. :grin: