PDA

View Full Version : MSG 4 ILUVEDALIFIRST (re: "UB DISCUSSION")

Good Ambition
14th October 2006, 09:51 AM
A question for you:

First of all, what do you mean that the post I made (on the subject of WYFF) should be on anarchy and NOT UB discussion because "UB40 are about peace, and love and happiness"......So, what you're basically saying is that if UB40 write a song about the Iraq war to raise awareness of it, to show how pissed off they are about it, you're saying that if someone then explores the issues in the lyrics that it SHOULDN'T BE ON UB40 DISCUSSION??? :? :?

If that's your perception on what this board is, fine....but DON'T THEN EXPECT OTHER PEOPLE TO BE SO SHALLOW. It's not the first time I've observed this attitude on this site, and it won't be the last unfortunately.

You CHEAPEN AND TRIVIALISE the words "peace love and happiness", you don't understand them, really......you CHEAPEN AND TRIVIALISE what reggae music is about when you make posts like that...it reminds me of what Peter Tosh said, evryone cries out for peace, no-one cries out for justice..........it's like people just want to take the music on a purely entertainment level and if it means ANYTHING MORE TO OTHERS, you'd rather they kept quiet. WHY????? What do you think the intention of the song "WHO YOU FIGHTING FOR" advocates??? The same "peace", "love" and "happiness" that you apparently say that UB discussion should be about. Think about what I'm saying here.

I will always voice my views because that's what I learnt from listening to the band. What have YOU LEARNT? :| :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Good Ambition
16th October 2006, 11:39 AM
BTTT

A reply to the questions I asked would be nice (well, INTERESTING TO READ I suppose, rather than "nice"), thank you.

butler
16th October 2006, 11:53 AM
I luved Ali second :grin:

Good Ambition
16th October 2006, 11:56 AM
I luved Ali second :grin:

EXCUSE ME BUTLER, but not only wasn't this post intended for your attention, neither was it meant for comments irrelavant to the issues raised.

butler
16th October 2006, 11:59 AM
Lighten up dude, it's a public forum so, i read therfore I am :grin:

butler
16th October 2006, 12:04 PM
and my comment is relevent coz that other geezer luved Ali first 1,2 check 1,2...

KGB_I_was_NOT
16th October 2006, 03:11 PM
Hi Imani,

I posted on that topic as well, and I didn't think what you initially posted was irrelevant to UB40 discussion... And I don't think
Erin meant to imply that, either... It just the discussion was turning out to be a bit too political and a bit "outside the scope" of what people usually post in that section, that's all...

I myself would love to see more discussions like that... Maybe we can ask Adam to create a "political/social discussion" section on the bb?

Cheers,

--Irina

:friends: :friends:

Erin
16th October 2006, 06:15 PM
Excuse me , Mr. Ambition, for not responding right away. Had a death in the family and it took precedence over the bb.

I never meant YOUR post was not relevant to the UB side of the BB. I meant that it was getting off the point.

The IRAQ war is very personal to me. My brothers and sisters are being killed daily because of George Bush. I oppose the Iraq war no matter the reasons for fighting it.

So take from it what you want. And of course I know UB40 are not SHALLOW and I am far from shallow also. I was trying to lighten the mood of the post, with the love peace and happiness line. You will see that I've used that line before.

By the way, you could have PM'd me to get clarification.

And stop taking YOURSELF so bloody seriously.

kate13
16th October 2006, 09:48 PM
Imani how you've read it, wasn't how Erin wrote it.
Erin & Irina arn't shallow they've actually been chatting in the post, whether you agree or disagree with the comments made....Erin doesn't deserves this post :rolleyes:

What i don't understand....Why put this post up, when it would have fitted perfectly into the actual post on the BB.

Irina like you, I'd like some other posts than i :love: ub40, i don't think we need a separate board, for what shall we say world issues.....I understand imani point......Reggae and ub40 are political.....ub40 members visit the BB side, not GA.
We keep coming back to this question, what are we allowed to discuss on the BB.....is it just i :love: ub40.

imani, i'm answering this post, as i've been in the actual post.

Butler how u doin :friends: :laff: :laff: nice to see your name back on the BB :grin: