PDA

View Full Version : Whos the best ub40 tribute band

chocolate..e..claire
31st August 2006, 10:49 AM
Come then who you thinks the best at the job :rolleyes:

Clubreggae
31st August 2006, 11:06 AM
Somebody aint got no housework to do this morning :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Emma B
31st August 2006, 11:10 AM
hoooomegrown!!! whhooo lol

Ali Bongo
31st August 2006, 11:39 AM
Oh No.. NOT again!!!! :aagh:
ALL UB tribs are worthy of respect..... the more the merrier :smokin:

Go see them all, support them, get some UB while the real guys are out of town. It all helps promote the real thang, brings fans together, spreads the word, converts some new blood, pleases the crumblies, keeps music, reggae and UB40 alive, out there in the pubs, clubs, theatres LIVE and kickin'

Johnny 2 Bad and the Rats suffered a lot of problems some time ago because of over zealous fans acting maliciously and slagging off people. It happened on both sides and none of us want it. It's nice to be complimented and to have loyal supporters but NOT at the expense of fellow musicians.
We in J2B have cleared the slate, exposed a malicious element, and made a pact with The Rats to support one another and all other UB tribs. We just want to play the music.... no politics.

"Better, best" etc is purely subjective and personal opinion but just bear in mind the sheer hard graft that is behind running a band and putting on a show. If people think there's big money in it then they are very wrong.. it's done out of respect and love for the music and for the buzz of playing it for people.

So, thanks for the voting everyone, we DO appreciate it BUT we really would ask people to appreciate ALL UB musos for what they do.
ONE LUV!!!!! :friends:
http://www.johnny2bad.biz/logo120.gif

Rachel~B
31st August 2006, 11:44 AM
well said Paul...:) long winded but... :grin:
although we have had this pole b4... :rolleyes:

chocolate..e..claire
31st August 2006, 11:47 AM
well said Paul...:) long winded but... :grin:
although we have had this pole b4... :rolleyes:

well i wasn't here before :rolleyes:
And I'm out to cause no hassle I'm just curious to who everyone likes
no harm in that is there :grin:

UBlong2me
31st August 2006, 11:55 AM
I only heard some samples from HOMEGROWN, so I chose "others" :love: :love: :friends:

Ali Bongo
31st August 2006, 12:54 PM
Hi Chocolate
No problem.......... just letting people know that the tribs are all ok together after a LOT of hassle in the past. Polls are great .... as long as they don't start the "crazies" off again!!!! :love:

Hope to see ya some time? :beer:

http://www.johnny2bad.biz./logo120.gif

Clubreggae
31st August 2006, 01:46 PM
Yes, at the end of the day, any tribute act is exactly what the title suggests. TRIBUTE :grin:
Tribute to the artists that they love and the music. :grin:

Bunch of musicians doing what they love and do best :grin:
Personally I have only Seen Rats and J2bad.Both do a excellent job,they give pleasure to the crowds that go to see them, and in return I am sure they get immense job satisfaction in what they do.
They probably, at times, come in for some harsh critisism :rolleyes: but then who dont :ooh: :rolleyes:

Long live Tributes :grin: who ever you are, you help us to carry on dancing when we are gig dry :aagh: You bring friends and family together and make the sounds that we love. :grin: :friends: :friends:

UBlong2me
31st August 2006, 03:08 PM
well said Debs, :friends: :friends: :friends: :friends:

Ali Bongo
31st August 2006, 06:19 PM
Clubreggae

Exactly right girl :smokin:
http://www.johnny2bad.biz/logo120.gif

MAYBETOMORROW
31st August 2006, 11:21 PM
I haven't been fortunate enough to see any UB40 tribute bands, however I know they will all be doing their best in honour of the great band that is UB40

:beer: :smokin:

NEPCHOON ROSE
3rd September 2006, 01:09 PM
hoooomegrown!!! whhooo lol

:laff: :laff: :friends:

STING
3rd September 2006, 06:59 PM
no idea. only ever seen j2b and a couple of clips of homegrown on youtube so cannot vote, sorry guys :grin:

Bytheway2006
10th September 2006, 12:39 AM
Never seen any of them ! ! ! !

shaun.e.b
25th September 2006, 03:06 PM
HI there every one, i do believe i am the newest ub40 tribute on the circut well Ali Capbell tribute any way why not check out my site
www.ub40tribute.net

~JENNY~
25th September 2006, 03:13 PM
HI there every one, i do believe i am the newest ub40 tribute on the circut well Ali Capbell tribute any way why not check out my site
www.ub40tribute.net

welcome :grin:

~JENNY~
25th September 2006, 03:15 PM
even tho am not in the band anymore stil fink homegrown are greatttt wud neva eva doubt em.. top show!!! :grin: