PDA

View Full Version : a GREAT Shabba Ranks track

Good Ambition
6th July 2006, 03:01 PM
There's an album by a collective called MATERIAL......it's called THE THIRD POWER (s'got a pyramid on the sleeve, with a track on there called REALITY,it's with Sly and Robbie.......WOT A SORTED TRACK! :smokin: Dunno if there's any mp3's of it on the internet......i was never a bif fan of Mr Ranks, but if he'd done more like this, i wuda bin. :cool:

here it is!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000000GBG/102-0904128-1348133?v=glance&n=5174

Rachel~B
6th July 2006, 03:23 PM
I loved the guy...used to be a huge fan of his lol...think the track he did with mikeal rose was class...shine eye gal... :smokin:

rappin wit the ladies...

cheryl-anne
7th July 2006, 01:21 AM
I loved the guy...used to be a huge fan of his lol...think the track he did with mikeal rose was class...shine eye gal... :smokin:

rappin wit the ladies...

yeh ive got that one :grin: brillllllllllllllll :love:

Mick_f
7th July 2006, 01:34 AM
Shabba Ranks is ace

Carlene Lydia
7th July 2006, 11:06 AM
Don't mind Shabba Ranks at all, haven't heard this track though, so will have to do a search for it!!!!! Thanks Imani!!! :beer:

Good Ambition
7th July 2006, 11:10 AM
Don't mind Shabba Ranks at all, haven't heard this track though, so will have to do a search for it!!!!! Thanks Imani!!! :beer:

It's a great track Carlene.......Shabba at his best, Sly And Robbie absolutely wicked. :cool:

mozlongtime
7th July 2006, 11:18 AM
I know his brother Taxi.

:smokin: :smokin:

Good Ambition
7th July 2006, 11:23 AM
I know his brother Taxi.

:smokin: :smokin:

Talented chaps, ol' sly and bob.....they used to make chocolate wafers and even had their own U.S sitcom. :grin:

oLdbOi
7th July 2006, 11:24 AM
scritti politti..she's a woman..featuring shabba ranks...wicked tune..single...some time now...but oLdies can revive de dance!..;)

word girl..album..flesh n blood m' nah mek outta wood!..

bOi....wood beez....

Rachel~B
7th July 2006, 11:27 AM
scritti politti..she's a woman..featuring shabba ranks...wicked tune..single...some time now...but oLdies can revive de dance!..;)

word girl..album..flesh n blood m' nah mek otta wood!..

bOi....wood beez....

one 12inch I actually own Bruno... :laff: that is a tune...n a half... :smokin:

wonder if he really is wikked in a bed...always has a trailer loada girls...must be his golden touch...<<<<<<top tune... :laff:

Good Ambition
7th July 2006, 11:30 AM

word girl..album..flesh n blood m' nah mek outta wood!..

bOi....wood beez....

Yeah, i recall that 'un..........just reminded me, i like Scritti Politti.....The Word Girl and The Sweetest Girl....and Wood Beez...AND Perfect Way :smokin:

Rachel~B
7th July 2006, 11:35 AM
they were great...but...whats with his name?...Green... :ooh:

oLdbOi
7th July 2006, 11:36 AM
lol....just reminded me, i like Scritti Politti.......I do confess to having a few discs..:)...

licklemore...bOi....

Good Ambition
7th July 2006, 04:48 PM

word girl..album..flesh n blood m' nah mek otta wood!..

bOi....wood beez....

one 12inch I actually own Bruno... :laff: that is a tune...n a half... :smokin:

wonder if he really is wikked in a bed...always has a trailer loada girls...must be his golden touch...<<<<<<top tune... :laff:

(BLUE PETER STYLE VOICEE :grin: ):

"Why not send your question in to Shabba on a postcard, or a stamped addressed envelope, Rachel, marking it 'Bed'?" :ooh: :ooh:

Carlene Lydia
8th July 2006, 11:34 AM
Imani,
Found the song, Wow, it's brilliant!!!! Would say it's one of the best i've heard of Shabba....Thanks heaps for letting us know bout this one!! :beer: :friends:

rmd110900
8th July 2006, 11:41 AM
they were great...but...whats with his name?...Green... :ooh:

Green gartside he is a cardiff lad
Aldso ad a great album song from jeruselem
reggae tinged type album.

Good Ambition
8th July 2006, 11:42 AM
Imani,
Found the song, Wow, it's brilliant!!!! Would say it's one of the best i've heard of Shabba....Thanks heaps for letting us know bout this one!! :beer: :friends:

Aw great stuff Carlene! :grin: I'm gonna try and find an mp3 of it and put it here. Glad u enjoyed it. :friends:

rmd110900
8th July 2006, 11:43 AM
There's an album by a collective called MATERIAL......it's called THE THIRD POWER (s'got a pyramid on the sleeve, with a track on there called REALITY,it's with Sly and Robbie.......WOT A SORTED TRACK! :smokin: Dunno if there's any mp3's of it on the internet......i was never a bif fan of Mr Ranks, but if he'd done more like this, i wuda bin. :cool:

If you buy the Shabba ranks video naked & reday

that song is on it live from Japan.

great tune.
:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Good Ambition
8th July 2006, 11:46 AM

great tune.

Cheers for that Rob....it's with a live band?

Here's a snippet anyway- check out the bassline :grin:

rmd110900
8th July 2006, 11:59 AM

great tune.

Just listen to the link,
great tune, but thats not the track on the video im afraid
the live tracks on the video is just reality/dont test me & wicked in bed all from japan.
How stuuupid am i :aagh:

Good Ambition
8th July 2006, 12:02 PM

great tune.

Just listen to the link,
great tune, but thats not the track on the video im afraid
the live tracks on the video is just reality/dont test me & wicked in bed all from japan.
How stuuupid am i :aagh:

NO PROBS! You've heard summat new now. :grin: :grin:

rmd110900
8th July 2006, 12:06 PM
New Choon, Good one too.
:beer: :beer: :beer:
watching the video now
i will never get out of the house now
:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

Good Ambition
8th July 2006, 12:09 PM
Hey, check out track 4 "e pluribus unum"..........that's a good one. :cool: