PDA

View Full Version : Trojan Records Story radio 2

Good Ambition
3rd July 2006, 12:07 PM
A good prog for fans of the first wave of reggae....good interviews, great musical clips......but I'm afraid in some ways, u could call it the "same old story".........i.e, they mentioned how the 2tone movement had got a lot of people interested in checking out the original reggae inspiration behind Specials, Madness etc, they even played a couple of clips off of The Harder They Come but they missed out mentioning UB40's Labour Of Love series, which is probably the most famous homage to that era!

Shame shame shame.......and i don't think that was an accident, somehow. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jolene
3rd July 2006, 06:24 PM
Sounds interesting...too bad about leaving out the LOL series though. Just watched The Harder They Come for the 1st time a few days ago. And got the soundtrack too. :grin:

:love: Jolene

Good Ambition
4th July 2006, 11:30 AM
Sounds interesting...too bad about leaving out the LOL series though. Just watched The Harder They Come for the 1st time a few days ago. And got the soundtrack too. :grin:

Great film Jolene......if you check my post on UB DISCUSSION, you'll see they've re-made it as well! :king: :grin:

Jolene
4th July 2006, 09:55 PM

Great film Jolene......if you check my post on UB DISCUSSION, you'll see they've re-made it as well! :king: :grin:

Yep, saw the post Imani. Wouldnt mind seeing it. :grin:

Melanie1234
4th July 2006, 09:57 PM
Radio 2 do play a lot of UB stuff though....so they ain't all bad.... :grin: :grin:

ub40bwoy2005
4th July 2006, 11:25 PM
have yous seen Dancehall Queen?

Jolene
5th July 2006, 12:48 AM
have yous seen Dancehall Queen?

Never seen it.....is it a movie?