PDA

View Full Version : AFRAID FOR REGGAES FUTURE

nz_ub_loonie
30th June 2006, 01:09 AM
hey evryone what is going on with reggae these days im afraid for its future because lets face it once the UBs are gone which isnt any time soon reggae will start to be forgotten i cant think of another ub40 they took classic reggae songs and made it ther own and that 4 me is just amazing. id like to hear back from the band on this one because only you guys can truly answer this one and want to hear from evryone else on the site as well.
Cheers sam (aka NZ UB L00NIE)

MAYBETOMORROW
30th June 2006, 01:50 AM
Reggae will keep alive as long as there are fans, and UB40 have proven by their world tours that reggae is very much alive!

:cool:

dublove
30th June 2006, 02:38 AM
Reggae speaks those of us who's hearts, minds and ears are open. Don't fret star, it won't die.

Feagai Vavega
30th June 2006, 02:54 AM
reggae will never die!! never i say....never!! and i say that with passion :grin: ....hoping that my band will become nearly as good as UB40 because there will never be another band like them...their so unique and i LOVE them!! :love:

kenji-ko
30th June 2006, 03:14 AM
As long as Shaggy is alive...I AM afraid for the future of reggae music..... :aagh:

The same for Sean Paul...cannot stand his voice

Feagai Vavega
30th June 2006, 03:29 AM
:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :lol:

shaggy and sean paul... :rolleyes:

Jolene
30th June 2006, 03:50 AM
I dont think reggae will ever die. It does seem though that it will never get the true recognition that it deserves. Sad really, since it is the BEST kind of music around.

:love: Jolene

KevinDC
30th June 2006, 04:51 AM
Reggae won't ever die, but it is suffering.

Name the last good, new Jamaican band.

I'm so over dancehall. It doesn't even resemble reggae anymore.

STING
30th June 2006, 09:24 AM
As long as Shaggy is alive...I AM afraid for the future of reggae music..... :aagh:

The same for Sean Paul...cannot stand his voice :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

we may love to hate them kk but at least they are keeping a reggae vibe in the public eye; despite them being crap :laff: :laff: :laff:

homegrown-trumpet
30th June 2006, 10:05 AM
mmmmmmmmmm it does seem to be goin down tho when ya fink about it :aagh:

littlemrsali
30th June 2006, 10:08 AM
LONG LIVE REGGAE MUSIC!!!! :smokin:

oLdbOi
30th June 2006, 10:19 AM
reggae does NOT revolve around UB40...they are part of this one big sound...and out there, there are many a great artist who will pass on their musical talents to the up n comin' artists of tomorrow...

reggae music..forward n onwards...

bOi..walk n talk wid jah love inna we heart...

seh marley dead n gone..
but him soun' still a live on....

Rachel~B
30th June 2006, 10:26 AM
well said Bruno...:) ya have a way wit words lmao

reggae has grown...and will continue to do so...when I was younger it was all I listened too...dancehall etc, Barrington Levy, Pappa San (where is he now?) and the like...amazes me that young kids are gettin into it...and know of these artists...yrs ago when you went to a party or what ever it was fowned upon (locally to me anyways) to listen to that 'kind' of music...they never played it...now its the only thing that gets people up n dancin...

Skirge, The Chef
30th June 2006, 10:34 AM
Reggae music is very veyr lucky to have the legacy of Bob Marley, he story will never die his music will go on forever.
We are veryv ery veyr lucky that we still have the music of UB40, even when the lads to eventualy retire their music will never die.
Have no fear for the future of reggae , non of it6 will ever die. :D :smokin:

tess
30th June 2006, 10:34 AM
hey hang on.... the fathers of reggae are still alive and they may not be recording new stuff anymore but their music is still around.

as long as we have reggae in our hearts it will never die no matter how old it is... BIG LOVE

from tess x :friends:

Good Ambition
30th June 2006, 10:40 AM
I don't think it'll die, and I think you could make the same point about every genre of great music out there....MUSICIANSHIP is thin on the ground though....I like good music, whether computer based or live musicians, but music's from people, not 'puters innit?.........the days when someone like Marley could develop their career over 3-4 albums are gone (unless you're a certain ex member of Take That, ok? :wink: ).....reggae music is like a deep well or goldmine that influences so many styles, so people will always go back to it.

Skirge, The Chef
30th June 2006, 11:00 AM
I cannot stand sheep music, never have been one to floow the crowd really.
Reggae will never be sheep music and thats the way I like it, okay we all want to hear more reggae on the radio, we want the lads to do well in the charts but at the end of the day as long as there are people like us who love this style of music and bands like UB40 who love to play it then reggae will be around long after we are gone.

bt/ub40
30th June 2006, 11:30 AM
Greetings Sam....i trust all is well down in the land of the long white cloud ? good question,one which we ask ourselves all the time...we are leaving for Sunsplash in Jamaica in a few weeks then taking Sunsplash on the road in the USA..ill let you know how it goes..i think Imani below makes a fair point..

I don't think it'll die, and I think you could make the same point about every genre of great music out there....MUSICIANSHIP is thin on the ground though....I like good music, whether computer based or live musicians, but music's from people, not 'puters innit?.........the days when someone like Marley could develop their career over 3-4 albums are gone (unless you're a certain ex member of Take That, ok? :wink: ).....reggae music is like a deep well or goldmine that influences so many styles, so people will always go back to it.

anyway take care and i think we may be back in your neck of the woods in 2008....BT

bt/ub40
30th June 2006, 11:32 AM
PS....just read Skirge the ganga chefs reply...another fair point, i have to agree ? but then i would ,would'nt I ? BT :grin:

Rasta Roy
30th June 2006, 12:23 PM
I personally feel that the future of reggae has never been brighter (since Marley passed away).

2005 was a simply marvelous year for reggae music. UB40 had a brilliant cd. Junior Gong had the biggest reggae cd in years. Several of "the fathers" put out great new cd's - Burning Spear, Freddie McGregor, Maxi Priest, Cocoa Tea, etc. Then you have some of the "new comers" putting out great new music too - Morgan Heritage, Luciano, Nasio, I Wayne, Abijah, etc.

I see a whole new crop of USA reggae bands coming to the forefront now too. Bands like Groundation, SOJA, Joseph Israel, Anthem, etc.

The same thing Internationally too. Bands/artists like Matisyahu, Gentleman, Midnite, Inner Visions, etc. are all becoming common names now.

My wife and I attend many different reggae concerts. The crowds here in the States have never been bigger and more enthusiastic.

Sunsplash is back this year. The Marley brothers Roots Rock Reggae Festival is back this year.

Long live sweet reggae music!!!!! :grin:

:beer:

Skirge, The Chef
30th June 2006, 12:38 PM
PS....just read Skirge the ganga chefs reply...another fair point, i have to agree ? but then i would ,would'nt I ? BT :grin:

Its coz I speak the truth :D. must apologize though for my typo (YB40) :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:
Right next to the U on the keyboard. :D :smokin:

newquaysurf06
30th June 2006, 01:18 PM
REAGGAE MUSIC WILL NEVER COME OF AGE
REGGAE MUSIC REGGAE MUSIC IS HERE TO STAY