PDA

View Full Version : Please Read.....I've Got Some News!!!!!!!

normansfan
26th April 2006, 03:04 PM
Hey ya'll :grin: It's been a while since I've been on the BB, so where do I begin????? Ummmmm........

Ok, first I would like to thank Brian Travers (again) for the autograph and Leah for sending it to me.....you are great friends :friends: I hope that all is going well with UB40 and hopefully they'll come back for another US tour (that I can actually go to, and Norman will be there :angel: ) I sure hope Lamont is doing well :love:

As for me, I'm still on the mend, but do have some news. I am now engaged (as of Saturday night.....April 22)! My boyfriend (whom I've known since first grade) proposed to me while the song 'I Love It When You Smile' was playing :love: Yes, I've known this man for 19 years. We even graduated High School together!!!!! I've got a lovely diamond and things are looking up in that area of my life :angel: Finally!!!!!!!
I will be moving into his house by the end of May (he lives on the same street as my parents, only the next street over from where I'm living now), so it won't be a far move at all :laff: We have gotten a German Shepherd puppy who we named 'Sergei' (after the Russian Figure Skater that passed away 10 years ago). I knew him quite well (from being a skater myself), so I thought 'Sergei' was a perfect name for this pup. He is growing fast and when he is an adult he should weigh in at about 100 pounds :ooh: Looks like he'll be the one walking me :laff: We will also be getting a yellow Labrador Retriever puppy in the begining of June......we will deffo have our hands full!!!!!!!!!!
My daughter Summer is very happy about all of this (which is such a wonderful thing). She'll have a huge back yard to play in so she can run free with the dogs :lol:

So, all of this has been keeping me pretty busy, which is why I haven't been online. Don't worry, I'm still loving Norman, and my fiance is just fine with that :love: He's turning into a UB40 fan as well........thank god!!!!!!!!! He loves England too, which is another plus, cause I would love to come to Brum someday :grin: When I move I'm taking all of my UB40 things, so his living room will now be devoted to them :bigwink: What can I say....I am quite the UBLOONIE :grin: :grin:

I hope that all of you on the BB are doing well.....I miss ya'll very much!!!!!! I just wanted you to know that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth :laff: I'm still here in good old Enola, Pennsylvania. So take care peeps, and I'll speak to ya soon.....

Big Love, Alisha xxxxxxx :friends:

loekie
26th April 2006, 03:10 PM
http://www.waincats.com/images/lucky_cats.jpg

:love: Big love

Lord F
26th April 2006, 03:23 PM
Wellcome back Alisha :friends: glad youre doing so well

normansfan
26th April 2006, 03:30 PM
Wellcome back Alisha :friends: glad youre doing so well

Big Love, Alisha xxxxxxx

KGB_I_was_NOT
26th April 2006, 03:31 PM
Hey Alisha!!! Congratulations on the engagement!! I was wondering why you disappeard from the board... Any chance of seeing some pics of your and "the man" and Sergei, the puppy?... Isn't it strange how life works... I used to train with one of Katya's and Sergei's coaches, Marina Zuyeva. But that was long... long, long time ago in Russia... :friends: :friends:

I guess it really must be true what they say about Six Degrees of Separation. :)

normansfan
26th April 2006, 03:45 PM
Hey Alisha!!! Congratulations on the engagement!! I was wondering why you disappeard from the board... Any chance of seeing some pics of your and "the man" and Sergei, the puppy?... Isn't it strange how life works... I used to train with one of Katya's and Sergei's coaches, Marina Zuyeva. But that was long... long, long time ago in Russia... :friends: :friends:

Hey there :grin: I've just read the PM that you sent me on April 16th......sorry I haven't been on here to reply to ya. Now you can see why :bigwink: I've never met Marina, but I knew Sergei & Katia very well. I still have the hat that Sergei gave to me at an ice show out here in the states. Such a shame he died so young. Daria (their daughter, looks so much like him)! And now Katia is remarried and has another little girl (if I'm right). Yes, it's strange how some things in life work out.

As far as pictures of Eric and the new pup....well, I've got to get my scanner working (or get a new one)....the bloody thing just won't work and it's pretty much like new :rolleyes: But I'll do my best. Yes, my fiance's name is Eric. I'll also have to come up with a name for the Lab that we will be getting. It will be of full English Bloodline, so I'm looking for an English name!!!!! Although our German Shepherd is a Purebred as well, and he got the Russian name 'Sergei' :lol:

Big Love, Alisha :friends:

Rasta Roy
26th April 2006, 03:47 PM
I'm glad you're doing well, Alisha. With any luck, the lads will be back Stateside around August.

:friends:

normansfan
26th April 2006, 03:52 PM
I'm glad you're doing well, Alisha. With any luck, the lads will be back Stateside around August.

Thanks Roy :grin: I'm glad you had such a great time at the gig that you went to!!!!!!!! I can't wait till the lads come back (hopefully Norman will be joining them) :love: I'm not missing them this time around....that's for sure!!!!!!!

lozbats
26th April 2006, 04:07 PM
Alisha good to see you back, and even better to hear you're happy :friends: :friends:

Chicago UB Fan
26th April 2006, 04:10 PM
Congrats Alisha!!!!! I'm soooo glad to hear that things are on the up for you. :grin: You deserve it after everything you've gone thru.

All the best...

paula1
26th April 2006, 04:16 PM
aww congrats to u both on the engagement babe,
and glad your feeling better,lovely name for your g/shep
i have 1 hes 2 next month and hes huge hence the name
sumo,he walks me every night,and people cross the street when
they see us coming :lol:,anyway u take care of yourself,and hopefully if the band come back stateside again this year u might get to see them
big love
paula :grin:

gaynorubfan05
26th April 2006, 05:02 PM
welcome back to the bb alisha
congrat on your engagement
i am so happy for you
and take care
:friends: :love:

Jolene
26th April 2006, 05:03 PM
Congrats Alisha!! I'm so glad things are looking up for you! So have you set a date for the wedding yet? :friends:

:love: Jolene

NEPCHOON ROSE
26th April 2006, 05:10 PM
congrats on the engagment alisha, nice to hear things are on the up for you :friends:

always good to hear a good upbeat story , to remind us that life does not suck :friends:

good luck for the future

Dees
26th April 2006, 05:37 PM
Congratulations Alisha....!!!
Next time UB40 comes to the USA you can take your fiance with you!!!

Good luck to the both of you! :grin:

:love: Dees x x x

JaxSA
26th April 2006, 05:37 PM
Congratulations Alisha!!

Its great to hear some good news - I hope you and ya fella will be very happy. And hopefully you guys can come to the Uk for honeymoon

xxxxxxxxxxx :kiss:

UBlong2me
26th April 2006, 05:59 PM
http://bigfinder.com/greetings/gfx/a-congrengan.gif

Nice to hear things are going so well for you!
Good luck to the three of you (and the pup ofcourse) :love:

xxxMonique :friends:

Reggae Girl
26th April 2006, 06:29 PM
Hi Alisha,
I am so pleased for you :beer:
Hope you get to see the Boys next time they come to the states :friends:

caz1303
26th April 2006, 06:59 PM
Hi Alisha,

A BIG Congratulations on your news, You sound very happy :love:

Welcome back

~kingstontyler~
26th April 2006, 07:54 PM
Good on you girl all the very best to you all :friends:

breakfast with ali
26th April 2006, 08:19 PM
:friends: Congratulations on your Engagement Alisha! :beer:

Mike.
26th April 2006, 08:24 PM

Hey there :grin: I've just read the PM that you sent me on April 16th......sorry I haven't been on here to reply to ya. Now you can see why :bigwink: I've never met Marina, but I knew Sergei & Katia very well. I still have the hat that Sergei gave to me at an ice show out here in the states. Such a shame he died so young. Daria (their daughter, looks so much like him)! And now Katia is remarried and has another little girl (if I'm right). Yes, it's strange how some things in life work out.

As far as pictures of Eric and the new pup....well, I've got to get my scanner working (or get a new one)....the bloody thing just won't work and it's pretty much like new :rolleyes: But I'll do my best. Yes, my fiance's name is Eric. I'll also have to come up with a name for the Lab that we will be getting. It will be of full English Bloodline, so I'm looking for an English name!!!!! Although our German Shepherd is a Purebred as well, and he got the Russian name 'Sergei' :lol:

How about the name 'STAN' for ya new dog!!!!

Estrella
26th April 2006, 08:24 PM
Congratulations Alisha !!!! :beer: Glad to hear you are doing well. :friends:

NZUB40
26th April 2006, 08:26 PM
Welcome Back

:beer:

Clubreggae
26th April 2006, 11:56 PM
Hi there Alisha, was wondering what had happened to ya. So pleased for you, glad things are happening for ya. Keep us informed :grin: Take Care, keep safe. big love to ya. :friends: :friends:

MAYBETOMORROW
27th April 2006, 12:02 AM
8)

kimwong
27th April 2006, 12:22 AM
Thanks for helping me with JobQueen and China Sales Reps. I'm with them 2 month now and they, thanks god, really pay. I'm already getting more than 5000 per month and looking for more coworkers. If you change your mind let me know. You can use my promotion code to sign in. mailto:kimwongshu@yahoo.com

star
27th April 2006, 10:14 AM
Congratulations Alisha :beer:

Wish you, your fiancee,daughter and dog (soon to be dogs!) :grin:

All the best for the future

Big Luv

Lisa :love:

Dutchess
27th April 2006, 11:06 AM
Good to have you back Alisha, and congratulations on your engagement! Keep up the good work converting your fiancÚ into a UBfan! :grin: :friends:

lorrafan
27th April 2006, 01:37 PM
Aww congratulations Alisha, it's great to hear your good news. Thing's are definately looking great for you :grin:

RIAZ
28th April 2006, 07:03 AM
:beer:

The Prisoner
28th April 2006, 09:49 AM
Congrats on ur engagement, and good luck with everything. Just let me warn you, moving in can be hard, and will test ur relationship to the max!

Good luck though and have fun...

Pris. :smokin:

anja ub40
28th April 2006, 10:04 AM
Hi Alisha welcome back
Concratulations with your Engagement
greetz anja :beer: :friends:

CazLuvsUBs
28th April 2006, 11:58 AM
Congratulations Alisha!! Im really glad that everything is going well for you now after having a little bit of a rough time a little while back. Let us all know when the big day is and also good luck with your move. I have moved in the last few weeks and had another baby so life has changed dramatically but definately for the better!!

Biglove
Caroline

Carlene Lydia
28th April 2006, 12:04 PM
Congrats on the engagement Alisha!!! All the best wishes to you!

:love: :friends:

normansfan
3rd May 2006, 09:05 PM
Hey ya'll...I'm back online once again :grin: Thanks so much for all the "congrat's"......your kind words really mean alot to me!!!!!!
Things are going alright, although I've been really busy with trying to move and all.
We did have a bit of a setback with our German Shepherd pup. He got rather mean and started to bite ALOT!!!!!! It was way more than just a puppy teething!!!! My daughter could not be in the same room with him...he treated her like puppy food :aagh: We had to bring him back to the breeder (who of course gave us a rough time). The mother of the litter we got him from was lovely, but they lied to us about the father. Turns out he was very hard to handle and was very aggressive!!!!! I'm sad that we don't have the Shepherd anymore, but hopefully he'll find a good home with the right people.

So, instad of getting one Yellow Lab pup in June, we'll be getting two :grin: A brother and sister actually. The breeder is a wonderful guy...his farm is huge!!!! He has about 450 cows...my daughter loves to go pet the little ones :laff: I never had been licked on the hand by a cow until the other day........strange feeling that is :laff: Anyway, this person has been breeding Labs and only Labs since 1964. If you get a puppy and you don't like that dogs disposition, then you can always bring it back for a refund or a new pup. Plus, all the parents of the pups are on the farm....even the grand parents and great grand parents. So you really get to see how sweet all of the dogs are. There isn't a mean one there!!!!
The pups we are getting are of full English Bloodline, so we are naming the girl 'Princess' and the boy 'Rugby'....very English names for very English puppies :grin: They will be ready to go on June 2, so we are very excited!!!!

As for setting a date for the wedding......that hasn't crossed my mind :ooh: I've just been so busy with moving into his house (even though I have until the end of May to be out of my townhouse). I'll let ya'll know when we pick a date though...trust me :love:

I hope all is well with all of you Loonies here on the BB :grin: I miss talking to you!!!!!!! You're all on my mind though (including the band of course) :love: Hoping to catch them the next time they come stateside :angel: Any news on that????????

Big Love To You All, Alisha xxxxxxxx :friends: :beer:

billi
3rd May 2006, 09:16 PM
WOW just read your post - missed it last time. Congratulations to you both - I am so pleased for you. :love:

normansfan
3rd May 2006, 09:18 PM
P.S. My fiance is deffo becoming a UB40 fan now....for sure :grin: Plus, he sooo wants to go to Brum someday!!!!!!!! A honeymoon there maybe???? :angel: :angel: If we have kids, he even wants to give them British names...like 'Kingston' and 'London'. Yes, yes, we are talking about all that stuff too :love:

robs mrs fix it
3rd May 2006, 09:58 PM
congratulations Alisa on your engagement and wishing you the very best of luck for your future. :beer: :grin:

Groovy 40
3rd May 2006, 10:06 PM
congrats on your engagement Alisha :grin: hope you'll be very happy together :beer: :beer: maybe u can have Lamont as best man :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: good to see you posting again :beer: :friends: :friends: :friends: :smokin:

Seahorse
4th May 2006, 03:38 AM
Alisha, I am so pleased things have turned the corner for you. :grin: Congratulations on your recent engagement to Eric, wishing all 3 of you lots of love and happiness. :friends:
Enjoy those wonderful babies of yours in June :grin:

normansfan
11th May 2006, 07:39 PM
Alisha, I am so pleased things have turned the corner for you. :grin: Congratulations on your recent engagement to Eric, wishing all 3 of you lots of love and happiness. :friends:
Enjoy those wonderful babies of yours in June :grin:

Thanks so much Gail........it's great hearing from you :love: I hope you had a blast at the UB40 gig you went too!!!!! Like I've said, I haven't had much time to go online, so I'm pretty sure I missed alot of reviews about the gigs. I'm sure all you UBloonies had a great time though :grin:

I'm so excited about everything that is going on in my life!!!! Although, my chest is still giving me some problems (what else is new...lol) :rolleyes: , but I have to stay positive. I'm really excited to get the Lab pups on June 2nd....I can't wait!!!!

Hopefully I'll catch UB40 the next time they come stateside...maybe for that SunSplash tour if they come this way :angel:

Take care girly and I hope all is well :love: