PDA

View Full Version : 930 club Washington DC

yvonnemjb
19th April 2006, 04:13 AM
Hi all, I'm new here. My husband and I attended the concert Saturday April 15 at the 930 club Washington DC and what a show!!! The venue was small and intimate couldn't have been sweeter. I being short always wiggle my way to the front. We were lucky to be next to the stage. My husband is an even bigger fan then me he owns all their CD's from the US and UK. I was so disappointed Astro was not there (no visa, shame on my country) We took many pictures and have a few of Astro via satellite I really got sentimental and sad he wasn't there. The highlight was when they played Can't Help Falling In Love With You (my favorite) I just took my beer and raised it to the band to show my love for them and their music (here's to another 25 years :beer: ) Brian came over and took a swig of my beer, after the set ended he came back over and took my husband's beer. When they came back for their encore Brian had brought out 2 cans of Heineken for us!!! My husband drank his but mine can is sitting on a shelf in my library, where I will have nice memories of a great show. Can't wait for them to come back again. Next time Astro and Norman will complete them again, Norman hope you get better soon!!!

Chicago UB Fan
19th April 2006, 04:20 AM
Welcome to the board!!!!! Glad to hear you had such a great time at the gig... and how sweet of Brian to bring out the beer, eh? :beer:

Would love to see some of your pics sometime. :bigwink:

Kick back, and enjoy your stroll through Loonie Land. :haha:

MAYBETOMORROW
19th April 2006, 04:31 AM
Welcome to the Board Yvonne! :cool:

Great to hear you enjoyed yourselves at the concert! :grin:

Estrella
19th April 2006, 04:44 AM
Welcome to the board Yvonne :beer:

My name is also Yvonne :grin:

Jolene
19th April 2006, 05:00 AM
Welcome to the board!! Glad you had a great time!

:love: Jolene

yvonnemjb
19th April 2006, 05:08 AM
Hey all, thanks for the warm welcome!!! I'm somewhat of a computer dummy but with my husband's help I'll get some pictures up. He and my brotherinlaw got some really nice pics of the band. My husband saw UB40 back in the 90's in South Africa so this time being in a small club was a extra treat for him. The parking lot attendant was really cool he showed my husband where he could go get a few tokes, oh my did I say tokes !!!before the show lol!!!I have been working my butt off, we own two retail stores and I have been stressed so going to the show was just what I needed!!! I'm also a big blues fan, saw Buddy Guy last year. Last month we say Alpha blondy in Washington DC good but not UB40!!!My youngest son is a musician and when I told him I went to see UB40 he remembers back when he was in pre school they played all the time on the radio Red Red Wine he loved that song, I was glad the band played it, brought back memories of the 80's when I was younger (sigh) now my son is 22 ouch!!! Hey all Take care, Yvonne

Chicago UB Fan
19th April 2006, 05:14 AM
If you need help putting up pics, let me know ~ I'll be happy to talk you thru it. :friends:

TamaTonga
19th April 2006, 05:49 AM
load up the pictures girl lol great to hear yall have a great time :beer:

worldtraveler
19th April 2006, 06:09 AM
I'm new here,too. My hubby and I attended the concert on Sat April 15 at the 930 club in Washington DC also. I have always like UB40, but became a fan when I met my hubby who wooed me with UB songs-yes- he "swept me off my feet". :love: Being the fan that we are we wanted to get a good spot so we arrived extra early and I was the first one in the door. We quickly took position in the first row next to Amber & Melissa who we had met outside. They were just as excited as us, as they had last seen UB when they were 13, 13 years ago. We went to Europe in 03 and saw UB in London. I thought seeing them at Wembley arena was awesome, but the show at 9.30 was incredible. Because it was such a small venue it felt very intimate and with BT and the rest of the band being so friendly was just so overwhelming. BT & I gave each other thumbs up and I even caught the bottle of water he threw to me after I agreed with him that it was hot in there which wasn't really a big surprise after all UB was in the house playing their best. I can't even pick a favorite song they played as the set list was just so perfect. I was a little sad knowing that Astro wasn't going to be there but seeing him on the UBTV coming on right on time was just magic.
The whole atmosphere was great - what a blend of cultures (am European myself) & ages. I will definitely treasure this night for life.
Thank you UB40 for coming to DC. Have a safe trip home! See you next time!

By the way Yvonne:My husband saw BT take a swig of your beer and thought it was awesome and just shows how down-to-earth they are.

MAYBETOMORROW
19th April 2006, 06:13 AM
Welcome to the Board worldtraveler! :cool:

Just Bianca
19th April 2006, 06:20 AM
A very warm welcome to the both of you..and what a great reviews..thanks for sharing your stories im looking forward to your pics..and btw.. have a great time here on this board. :grin: :friends:

gaynorubfan05
19th April 2006, 08:04 AM
welcome to the board to 2 new members
:friends: