PDA

View Full Version : NEW YORK CONCERT WAS AWESOME!

Koolstyle
17th April 2006, 03:11 AM
Hi everybody Iím back in Boston after one of the Greatest shows ever of UB40 in NY. My wife and I traveled to NY just to see them, after 14 hrs of traveling we were there at Irvin Plaza in Downtown NY, we were a couple of hours early so we decided to spend some time in Union sq. at 7.00pm we decided to join the line, it was starting to rain a little bit but we were there, the doors were opened but they let the people in until 8.00pm, the adrenaline started to run when we went upstairs and we got the best place to see them right in front of the stage, after a few minutes the place was full of UB40ís fans, the Opener of the show Elan, they started around 9pm, they did a great performing turning the fanís On. The last song they played: Get Up Stand Up (B. Marley)
The fans were On! We were about the see the greatest reggae band ever, It took about 15 min to clean the stage and set up the instruments, Finally everything was ready, lightís off, fans screaming, and I couldnít believe that we were in the perfect place, the first in appear: James Brown he took his place and then Brian Travers took a seconds to say hi to the fans and shake our hands, that was great, he was wearing all white and the rest of the band was in black, the show started and everything was like a Dream come true! I sang with them almost all the songs they played, I donít remember the order of the songs I just know the second was A kiss and say goodbye, they played the hits! Red, red wine, Canít help falling in love with you, Moving, Here I am Baby, Bring me your cup, Higher ground, and a couple of the new Cd, everything passed so fast, after they finished the fans started to scream and call them and they appear, One thing I wonít forget is that the last song they played was One In Ten, that song has been in my mind all the time and they say goodbye with my favorite song, that was awesome! They said goodbye of the fans shaking their hands ,After that we went to get the promo tour t-shirt that shows all the places the have visited, and after everyone had gone we met Michael Virtue and I asked him to autographed my ticket, my wife took me a picture with Brian giving me his autograph and he gave her a hug and used her back to sign the T-shirt and shake his hand, I could not believe we were downtown NY talking in the street with UB40, We got pictures of the show and every time I see them I can not believe I Was ThereÖÖ.. Definitely The Best Show Ever! Let me know if you want to see some pics of the show.
:beer: :smokin: :cool:

Chicago UB Fan
17th April 2006, 03:23 AM
:beer: Welcome to the board!!!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time at the gig... aren't the guys great? :grin:

And YES... would love to see some pictures!!! :grin:

Baggariddim
17th April 2006, 04:13 AM
Great review Koolstyle. Glad u both had a great time too. I agree, this is one of their best shows ever.

Peace,
Bagga...

Estrella
17th April 2006, 04:45 AM
Great review. Would love to see the pics :beer:

Koolstyle
17th April 2006, 05:12 AM
I hope this link works I will try to upload more pics in the future, enjoy!

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=549564103&ran=17465 :cool:

ausiedeb
17th April 2006, 05:32 AM
what a great review! the lads just get better and better don't they? :grin:

Welcome to loonie land .. and please stick around .. its great to see new loonies joining us here! :love:

:beer: :friends:

loekie
17th April 2006, 06:00 AM
Great review and thanks for sharing. :love:

Welcome to the board :friends:

Gerda

gaynorubfan05
17th April 2006, 08:57 AM
lovely review
and welcome to the bb
:friends: :grin:

Karin
17th April 2006, 09:09 AM
Great revieuw, tnkx for sharing!!!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Mone
17th April 2006, 09:16 AM
Great, thanks for the review!!! Glad to read you had a gorgeous evening!!!! :smokin: :friends: :smokin: