PDA

View Full Version : house surveys

ruby
23rd March 2006, 06:21 PM
has anyone recently had a home buyers survey done on their own house?? just wondered what it involves?

sparkler
23rd March 2006, 06:49 PM
Hi Ruby

It involves a qualified surveyor coming and spending at least 2 hrs at ur home checking on all sorts of things like subsidence, Damp & Timer probs, roof issues,electrical probs, plumbing etc. I take it u r selling ur home to someone who is obtaining a mortgage then, cos it is ur purchasers choice to either have a basic valuation for mortgage purposes or the more in depth Homebuyers report ( There is a third option of The Full Structural survey aswell)

Hope that helps

Sarah xx

PS I'm a Mortgage/ Financial Advisor, thats how I know :bigwink:

ruby
23rd March 2006, 07:10 PM
thanx for that :friends: thats wot i read on the net aswell. theyre first time buyers and my estate agent said its very common, we have a new roof,fascias etc....the house was pebble dashed last sep, no damp or elec probs and new vaillant combi boiler and fire etc 3yrs ago . my estate agent said i'm a panicker and my house is beautifully maintained inside and out and no need to worry!!!! the house were buying is new so no need for any of this work again :rolleyes: :rolleyes: just gunna have one huge conservatory

NEPCHOON ROSE
23rd March 2006, 07:11 PM
Hi Ruby

It involves a qualified surveyor coming and spending at least 2 hrs at ur home checking on all sorts of things like subsidence, Damp & Timer probs, roof issues,electrical probs, plumbing etc. I take it u r selling ur home to someone who is obtaining a mortgage then, cos it is ur purchasers choice to either have a basic valuation for mortgage purposes or the more in depth Homebuyers report ( There is a third option of The Full Structural survey aswell)

Hope that helps

Sarah xx

i love it when she gets technical :ooh: :ooh: :aagh:

ruby
23rd March 2006, 07:17 PM
yeh no wot u mean neps :laff: i do put on my "posh" voice when i talk to my solicitor or estate agent!!!! :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: hoping my estate agent is honest :eek: after watching the dodgy ones on tv the other night :rolleyes: :eek: :eek:

sparkler
23rd March 2006, 09:40 PM
Hi Ruby

Hope that helps

Sarah xx

i love it when she gets technical :ooh: :ooh: :aagh:

I'm not as daft as u may expect u know Neps :laff:

Sarah xx