PDA

View Full Version : Diabetic :(

ib40
22nd November 2005, 12:17 PM
Had a blood test done last week and its come back that I am diabetic, abit of a shock, although having a mum and a dad both with late onset diabeties it was to be expected, just not yet :( Been for another test to find out which type and how bad etc, now got to wait yet another week to get these results. Still, got my concerts to look forward to if the wembley tickets ever arrive :grin:

Eagle
22nd November 2005, 12:24 PM
Sorry to hear that

Jacki
:friends:

*Cookie*
22nd November 2005, 02:37 PM
sorry to hear that!!!!!

:friends: :beer:

Just Bianca
22nd November 2005, 02:45 PM
Sorry to hear that :(

Mick_f
22nd November 2005, 03:41 PM
Had a blood test done last week and its come back that I am diabetic, abit of a shock, although having a mum and a dad both with late onset diabeties it was to be expected, just not yet :( Been for another test to find out which type and how bad etc, now got to wait yet another week to get these results. Still, got my concerts to look forward to if the wembley tickets ever arrive :grin:My wife steph has been Diabetic since she was 10 years old shes on 4 injections a day :friends:

Mike.
22nd November 2005, 04:44 PM
I'm sorry to hear that!

My sister is Hypo ( ? ) diabetic, she has been since she was 9 and she's 21 now.. 3 injections a day but it doesn't phase her no more, its all a part of life and im sure you'll be fine.

Let us know what happens!!

Jolene
22nd November 2005, 06:04 PM
I'm sosrry to hear this. At least they caught it now. :friends:

:love: Jolene

silverUB
22nd November 2005, 08:54 PM
I hope it isnt too bad... my brothers gf is diabetic, it is a serious issue. I use to stay at there flat a lot, ambulance practically every morning, sometimes it was a bit scary seeing her in states she use to get into when she hypoed. But then I think she has had it since she was a baby. Although she was told to stop smoking, change her diet she didnt, which I suppose made it worse.

But anyway... it can be controlled with the right treatment, and as long as u listen to the doctors, you'll be ok. :kiss:

MAYBETOMORROW
22nd November 2005, 09:12 PM
Sorry to hear your news - I hope you're doing OK - just look forward to your next UB40 concert!!!

:friends: :friends: