PDA

View Full Version : Should icons be individual?

sweetsensation
22nd October 2005, 03:36 PM
Should each and every person have a unique icon ?

NEPCHOON ROSE
22nd October 2005, 03:41 PM
he he ...methinks you may stir up a hornets nest with this one.............

my only gripe is the people who use to have the icons have them along with other people...and i find it confusing........and if you have met me you will find i am easily confus-a-ble :eek:

sweetsensation
22nd October 2005, 03:43 PM
Hey Neps :friends:

I agree with you, got used to an icon "belonging" to a person , now a few use the same, I don't like it.

Can y'all who have him,put my Ali back aswell please? :angel: :lol:

STING
22nd October 2005, 03:45 PM
yep, for definite. i've already spat me dodie out on this one. peeps be individual and get yer own icons. :grrr: :grrr: mine was especially made for me so no wonder i'm kicking off. please get yer own and leave ours alone. rant over...cheers chelle for adding this poll!!!! :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :rolleyes:

Dutchess
22nd October 2005, 03:45 PM
I used to find ppl on BB by their icons, now I have to look twice to make sure I have the right person so my vote is YES

(its also nice to know my icon is called Dutchess :grin: meaning: hands off!! lol)

STING
22nd October 2005, 03:46 PM
p.s by the way i know the peeps involved in the 'theft' of my icon are just tekking the p.ss. i'm just warning everyone else...'leave the bee alone. it stings'!!!! :grin: :grin:

janice
22nd October 2005, 03:49 PM
p.s by the way i know the peeps involved in the 'theft' of my icon are just tekking the p.ss. i'm just warning everyone else...'leave the bee alone. it stings'!!!! :grin: :grin: :laff: :laff: :laff: 100 quid and u can have it back :laff: :laff: :laff:

Rachel~B
22nd October 2005, 04:13 PM
totally agree Michelle...I'm scared to pm peeps now rofl... :laff:

ausiedeb
22nd October 2005, 04:20 PM
always look at the icons :grin: .... jeez hope I havent taken anyones platypus :ooh:

champane
22nd October 2005, 04:22 PM
well so far 100% seem to want unique icon me included lol

:love:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/champane/bt.jpg

sweetsensation
22nd October 2005, 04:22 PM
always look at the icons :grin: .... jeez hope I havent taken anyones platypus :ooh:

rather that than their virginity Debs :lol:

Ali Bongo
22nd October 2005, 04:26 PM
I always use the icons as a quick reference when looking through the posts so I'd agree that unique symbols and images are the ideal.
I'm sure Adam said a while ago that he'd be working on a facility to allow people to upload their own icons. That would be the perfect solution as long as people knew how to size them properly. To make this feature possible takes quite a bit of work for the web admin person so maybe it's in hand?
http://www.johnny2bad.biz/logo120.gif

sweetsensation
22nd October 2005, 04:29 PM
Yeah AB, I do think once that facility is up and running a lot will make their own, I would love to but I won't coz I like seeing me look like I always did when posting :lol: :haha:

STING
22nd October 2005, 04:53 PM
and i'd prefer me bee to owt else. it's part o me now. i know i'm sad but so be it!!!! :laff: :laff: :laff:

jacqueliene.
22nd October 2005, 05:03 PM
People who came here a long time ago had there own icon like ali bongo got jen(storyteller) icon got me confused :laff:
When I look at werner his icon I think Claudia is back :rolleyes: its confusing and I would not like if someone took me ziggy away :laff:

Its getting me confused, I don't blame people for taking the icons ofcourse they are there but I would like peeps to have there own unique icon much easier :bigwink:

sweetsensation
22nd October 2005, 05:09 PM
Well said Jacs :king:

UBLutwyche
22nd October 2005, 06:47 PM
You have my vote, although about 50 people have the Blues badge, and I'm sure Elaine had it b4 most of us also :rolleyes:

But still agree, there should some sort of lock on each piccie, only one person at a time :laff:

Lou.B
22nd October 2005, 09:17 PM
p.s by the way i know the peeps involved in the 'theft' of my icon are just tekking the p.ss. i'm just warning everyone else...'leave the bee alone. it stings'!!!! :grin: :grin:

:ooh: :ooh:

I miss me chinky bird, but i'll mek do with Stings for now :lol: :lol:

robs mrs fix it
22nd October 2005, 10:38 PM
YES HAPPY WITH MY VOTE. :beer:

STING
22nd October 2005, 11:24 PM
:grin: :grin: :grin:

Carlene Lydia
23rd October 2005, 04:54 AM
I definitely think they should be individual, i've changed mine because someone else is using the one I had for the last few years..... I think once one is selected, it shouldn't be available for anyone else to use...

ausiedeb
23rd October 2005, 06:18 AM

rather that than their virginity Debs :lol:

:laff: :laff: :laff:

STING
23rd October 2005, 08:58 AM
I definitely think they should be individual, i've changed mine because someone else is using the one I had for the last few years..... I think once one is selected, it shouldn't be available for anyone else to use...

aw carlene, i woulda kicked off big time!!!!! :grrr: :grrr: :laff: :laff:

ib40
23rd October 2005, 09:31 AM
Trouble is they are there for anyone to use, so even I picked one Kathie had, so as soon as some more came available, i grabbed a cat, and so far seem to be the only one using that cat, I think we should all be able to upload a personal one for ourselves, cos it does make it easier for us to recognise people. Well thats enough from me, such a long speak this time of the morning :grin:

gaynorubfan05
23rd October 2005, 12:23 PM
this is my 1st icon i ever had
and someone got the same icon is me

i think it is a good idea to have their own icon which they always use

it is confusing on some of the icons and i check their names at the same time as their icons

i would like a dolphin icon as i collect them
i got loads of dolphins made of china etc
and i loves dolphins and they are lovely

from gaynor xxx :friends: :grin:

butler
23rd October 2005, 12:26 PM
Yeah, I voted but look what happend lol

silverUB
23rd October 2005, 01:42 PM
I agree with it. I mean, even though my icon is a bit crappy, its still mine! I wouldnt like others pinching it. :evil:

Amanda x

jjo
23rd October 2005, 02:30 PM
It would be a great idea if we could upload a small photo of ourselves, the same size as the icons, just so that we could put a face to a name etc....... mind you I think I might pass on that one :lol:

rachelbutler
23rd October 2005, 04:29 PM
Still looking for that SLOTH...........

Helena
23rd October 2005, 04:44 PM
yeah definitely agree they should be individual. it's all confusing the hell out of me.

Just Bianca
23rd October 2005, 04:45 PM
YEP I THINK SO :grin:

scbvdcoevering
23rd October 2005, 05:56 PM
Where did i go wrong? :evil: :grrr: :evil: :grrr: :evil:
Hello :jester: :king: :smokin: :jester: :smokin: :kiss:

please don't make me cry :cry: :cry:
GREETINGS WITH LOVE :love: Silvia :kiss:

Dutchess
23rd October 2005, 05:57 PM
:rolleyes: uhm..with posts like that maybe?

STING
23rd October 2005, 06:35 PM
Yeah, I voted but look what happend lol :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: it suits ya butler :laff: :laff:

STING
23rd October 2005, 06:36 PM
:rolleyes: uhm..with posts like that maybe? :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

poor silvia, lost in the wilderness.......................... :rolleyes: :laff: :laff:

Just Bianca
23rd October 2005, 06:39 PM

poor silvia, lost in the wilderness.......................... :rolleyes: :laff: :laff:

More like on a desert island :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :grin:

STING
23rd October 2005, 08:05 PM

More like on a desert island :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :grin:

or stuck in limbo somewhere. perhaps she's not of this world! :alien: < :grin:

MAYBETOMORROW
24th October 2005, 01:33 PM
I think individual icons are the way to go.......

I'm sharing mine with at least one other at the moment and it is a little confusing!

Not Just Another Girl
24th October 2005, 08:45 PM
I'm sharing mine with at least one other at the moment and it is a little confusing!
lol i think who ever has posted the most should get to keep the icon..so i guess thats you :grin:

MAYBETOMORROW
25th October 2005, 01:57 AM
lol i think who ever has posted the most should get to keep the icon..so i guess thats you :grin:

No, I'm not worried about it. I actually think the other person got in before me anyway. I'm just trying to think of what icon I really want, then I suppose I'll start the begging process to get Adam to add it to the Avatars!

:grin:

scbvdcoevering
25th October 2005, 09:49 AM
Where did i go wrong? :evil: :grrr: :evil: :grrr: :evil:
Hello :jester: :king: :smokin: :jester: :smokin: :kiss:

please don't make me cry :cry: :cry:
GREETINGS WITH LOVE :love: Silvia :kiss:

Tears from my eyes keepon falling :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jeana B
25th October 2005, 09:52 PM
I am just glad that us new members can put an icon up. :bigwink:

:friends: :friends: :friends: :friends:

clodine
26th October 2005, 11:36 AM
Yes, they should!
btw - I`m still waiting for my little cloud! :rolleyes:

:love: Claudia

One Woman Man
27th October 2005, 03:58 AM
yes i do think peeps should have individual icons.
once an iconhas been chosen by soe 1 , it should disappear from the pic list.
i have voted YES.

=========================================

terry :grin:

Nicola R
30th October 2005, 06:09 PM
Individual icons would be best.........I agree with many that it's easier to identify folks by their icons
(but to confuse peeps even more i've changed my user name) :rolleyes:

I've got to admit i felt quite miffed when someone chose 'my' icon -I got quite attatched to it..............still, i've tried other icons but it don't seem like me so changed it back...
:grin:

Angel.
30th October 2005, 07:02 PM
I was really pleased when i could pick an icon but i think individual icons would be better,it is really confusing i was used to looking at pics before names and i got used to who was who ( sort off ) but now there seems to be alot of the same icons that people have picked including mine :eek:

Love Angelxx

Christy
1st November 2005, 02:09 PM

You fight for your rights Sting... Ya got my vote!

Serious though, I couldnt agree more!!!!!!!!!

I am so :confused: now. Like peeps already said before, you recognise somebody through their icon. There are even peeps that I tought I never seen a post off, untill realised they have other icons!

I know it was hard on Adam peeps asking for their Icons after they had 100 posts, but why not block the ones that are already selected?

I feel really attached to me butterfly, I already was upset when somebody else used it in chat about a year ago, I know sad cow :lol:

xxxChristyxxx
:friends:

Wikidwander
3rd November 2005, 06:17 PM
Hey Neps :friends:

I agree with you, got used to an icon "belonging" to a person , now a few use the same, I don't like it.

Can y'all who have him,put my Ali back aswell please? :angel: :lol:

i totally agree with you there. i mean yes now i have an icon and i have the freedom to change it but i wud have liked one personal to me (eventually :bigwink: ) but i got so used to seeing familiar faces witht familiar icons

*Cookie*
4th November 2005, 06:29 PM
im sure it woukld be easy, to change the feature so that once one person has selected and icon, then it is no longer available, i always look at the icon rather than name, and a few times ive been thrown because its a diffrent person with the icon, very embaressing pming a stranger when you think it is someone else!!! i think ithe icon i use was someone elses tho i havent seen it appear since ive been using it,

but its only tempoary as ive made my own, just waiting so i can upload it and use it :grin: