PDA

View Full Version : DO YOUR MEMBERS MATTER?

homely(kiwi)girl
19th August 2004, 04:16 AM
There is no doubting that you are busy beyond our comprehension... BUT... to the point where you're okay with (potentially) losing a member?

So - you haven't had the time to create an icon... okay - we get that... but maybe a post to say "hey - sorry, and we're working on it".

C'mon guys - a little politeness goes a long way!

Murf
19th August 2004, 04:29 AM
wow, well said.

I also noticed there is a lot of people on here with well over 100 posts who still dont even have UBLOONIE under their name.

MAYBETOMORROW
19th August 2004, 04:33 AM
Well said hkg!

I'm still dreaming of becoming a loonie myself!!

:)

Murf
19th August 2004, 04:37 AM
you wanna hear something funny Dave?

I got to be a Loonie and have a picture within 10 seconds of making my 100th post.

At the time Adam wasnt so busy, and he was in the chat room one nite, so i told him i was on 99 and he sid he would make me a loonie as soon as i did 1 more post.

Lucky me. :D

MAYBETOMORROW
19th August 2004, 05:01 AM
You are one of the lucky ones Murf!!

I don't know if anyone has received their loonie status or icons since I've been coming here. Mind you, that's only a couple of months!

homely(kiwi)girl
19th August 2004, 05:16 AM
And haven't you been busy in that time!!! 2000+ posts... that's gotta be worth something!

MAYBETOMORROW
19th August 2004, 05:22 AM
It's really been fun here at the BB!

Firstly, there was all the hype associated with the upcoming "downunder" concerts, then the aftermath with all of the reviews, but most of all it has been the new friendships from all over the world that has made it so special for me!

graemlins/friends.gif

homely(kiwi)girl
19th August 2004, 05:43 AM
DITTO :) I've just emailed a friend about it and I've said exactly the same thing. It just blows me away to think of what we're doing... oceans apart... and there's no judgement, there's no malice, there's no falseness. GOD - do you think that UB realise the heights they've reached and the depths at which they've impacted peoples' lives that it's come to this?!?!?! And do you realise how lucky we are to be a part of it?!?!
:eek: :eek: :eek:
WOOOAH - deep or what?!?!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

MAYBETOMORROW
19th August 2004, 06:10 AM
Yes, it's great! It's just a shame we live so far away from Birmingham where there is more UB40 action!!

(and good lager, so I've been told!)

graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/beer.gif

Carlene Lydia
19th August 2004, 07:42 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MAYBETOMORROW:
[b]Yes, it's great! It's just a shame we live so far away from Birmingham where there is more UB40 action!!

(and good lager, so I've been told!)

MAYBETOMORROW
19th August 2004, 07:53 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Carlene:

Ahhhhhh, but you have to remember Dave, it's really not that far away at all!!!! It's only a plane flight away. that's how I see it these days.... :) <hr></blockquote>

Carlene, my aim is to go to FanFest 2006! I know it's a long way off, but it is the best I can do financially after building the house and buying a car this year!!

I just want to meet a lot of the loonies from the BB and it is probably the best time to do it!!!!

butler
19th August 2004, 10:36 AM
Lets get back 2 da real issue here, :cool: DEP gone NI,NI

Helena
19th August 2004, 11:00 AM
hang on i think people are being a little hard on adam here.

From what i can gather, it's his job to keep the board running and to fix any errors or problems, not to run around trying to meet any request that we make. As far as i know, all loonie updates and icon requests are done in his own time.

I sypathise with oLdbOi as he has been asking for some time. But i don't think it's very fair for everyone to suddeny start attacking adam over it.

I'm sure it'll all get sorted in it's own time. graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

Carlene Lydia
19th August 2004, 11:10 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MAYBETOMORROW:

Carlene, my aim is to go to FanFest 2006! I know it's a long way off, but it is the best I can do financially after building the house and buying a car this year!!

I just want to meet a lot of the loonies from the BB and it is probably the best time to do it!!!!

:) <hr></blockquote>

My aim is to get to the 25th Anniversary gig next year!!!!! and I do hope that it will be around the same time as the Fanfest!!!!! That would just be awesome!!! :D See UB's in their hometown, plus meet all the loonies over there.... :D

jacqueliene.
19th August 2004, 11:13 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Helena:
[b]hang on i think people are being a little hard on adam here.

From what i can gather, it's his job to keep the board running and to fix any errors or problems, not to run around trying to meet any request that we make. As far as i know, all loonie updates and icon requests are done in his own time.

I sypathise with oLdbOi as he has been asking for some time. But i don't think it's very fair for everyone to suddeny start attacking adam over it.

I'm sure it'll all get sorted in it's own time. :) agree with you helena ;)

butler
19th August 2004, 11:21 AM
pOIn't taken; :cool:

caja
19th August 2004, 06:58 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Helena:
hang on i think people are being a little hard on adam here.

I'm sure it'll all get sorted in it's own time. graemlins/bouncegrey.gif <hr></blockquote>

thanks hels 4 posting that saved me typing it lol!!
was there many thank u adam when he fixed bb???
love
chris & andi xxx

MAYBETOMORROW
20th August 2004, 02:00 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by caja:

thanks hels 4 posting that saved me typing it lol!!
was there many thank u adam when he fixed bb???
love
chris & andi xxx<hr></blockquote>

Please refer to my post in General Anarchy entitled "WE'RE BACK - THANKS ADAM!!!!"
graemlins/friends.gif

homely(kiwi)girl
20th August 2004, 02:38 AM
:eek: WOW! :eek: C'mon - don't read too deep. Nobody is being jumped on. DEP/Adam do an amazing job at giving this forum to us - there is absolutely no denying that! And if it hasn't been said before, then let me be the first... though I seriously hope that I'm not!

I agree with Helena - it will iron itself out, I'm sure... but if we can't discuss it here... then where?

All we're saying is that it works both ways, is all.

[ 20 August 2004: Message edited by: homely(kiwi)girl ]</p>

Murf
20th August 2004, 03:09 AM
Geee HKG your really taking it too em arnt ya :D

homely(kiwi)girl
20th August 2004, 03:16 AM
Oh dear Murf... :( ... not trying to rock the boat... oh dear... :( ... note to self - BITE TONGUE!

MAYBETOMORROW
20th August 2004, 03:36 AM
It's all fun in love and war!

graemlins/friends.gif

Murf
20th August 2004, 05:20 AM
NO HKG, dont bite tongue. I Love it. Keep going. Just Tell It Like It Is. :D :D

Murf

homely(kiwi)girl
20th August 2004, 05:25 AM
Aah - true dat, DC, true dat! As long as, at the end of the day (whose pet peeve was that?), we can all concentrate on what is most important... and that is that, absolutely & unequivocally, we are 100% devoted & passionate UB-loonians... or is that loonites?

:D

[ 20 August 2004: Message edited by: homely(kiwi)girl ]</p>

MAYBETOMORROW
20th August 2004, 05:43 AM
Just "loonies" will do hkg!!

:) :cool:

homely(kiwi)girl
20th August 2004, 06:16 AM
:eek: ) so I'll catch up with y'all next week!

And thanks everyone for some great (thought provoking) reading!!! graemlins/beer.gif

Degenerate
7th September 2004, 12:39 AM
just to show you how much time i've had lately on to get on the board. this is the first time today that i've had a chance to do more than read a couple of posts in months.

a few factors that have brought this to bear.
1. i am so busy at work
2. i am so busy with private work
3. i am so busy i don't get much time to see my wife
4. i haven't got to much to do on this site at the moment and my attention doesn't get dragged here as it would if i had more to do.
5. i had overkill on this bb a few months ago when it was breaking down 2 or 3 times a day, most of the time now i don't really want to change anything, just leave it as it is and get a new board installed.
6. i have been waiting for box to sort out a database for the new bb that has been installed on this site for nearly 4 months now.
7. this is an old bb system and is not really geared for the whole custom title and avatar thing, it required a hack to the system to make it work, which means it's flaky and could break, which is why i don't want someone else managing that part for now.

:D

i'll get on box's case tomorrow to sort out that db thing so i can get the new board in use asap and keep everyone happy.

p.s. that board i installed a few months ago is now out of date, i'll have to remove it and install a newer one now.

MAYBETOMORROW
7th September 2004, 01:13 AM
Thanks for your response Adam!

I'm sure the loonies will appreciate your reply to their concerns!!

homely(kiwi)girl
14th September 2004, 08:43 PM
Thanks Adam!!! We really do appreciate what you do for us (though it doesn't always sound like it!)... and for that, I apologise.

Now we know that you're fully aware of things - we will (I'm sure) let you be to go about your business.

MAYBETOMORROW
17th September 2004, 05:09 AM