PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand Concerts - Aug 2004

Rae Ricketts
18th August 2004, 09:38 AM
Kia Ora UB40!
You have just left our country, and I attended both your concerts in Wellington and Auckland.
I even got to deliver a message (political and personal) and greenstone taonga to Robin on stage at Auckland. Got t-shirt printed especially ("Robin Campbell (UB40) Rocks!) I didn't come down from that night for three days. Being so close to such professional, charasmatic performers is such a high.
Disappointed Robin didn't ring to acknowledge my letter and taonga to them. That would have made my world!!! But shaking your hand twice Robin, was pretty groovy for this small town Kiwi girl! I've only dreamed about that for 20 years! Was that you guys at the Duxton Hotel, after the Auckland concert. Uncanny, 10 or so men in dark clothes on a balcony of the Hotel, where I happened to park my car before concert. Was all getting a bit too much for me then, so I made my way home to share with my family the awesome night I had with UB40! Anyway, thought if I checked into this website, might get some feedback on my message. Did you even read it or was it swiped by Security?
Yours Eternally, Rae Ricketts, New Zealand.

sweetsensation
18th August 2004, 12:29 PM
Welcome Rae :) sounds like you had a great time. If you post this message on the UB40 discussion page, some members of the band may get to see it and maybe even reply to you :D .

Michelle graemlins/love.gif

Helena
18th August 2004, 12:56 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rae Ricketts:

Disappointed Robin didn't ring to acknowledge my letter and taonga to them. <hr></blockquote>

give him a chance they're still on tour graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

j59
18th August 2004, 09:09 PM
:D Welcome to the bb Rae :D
love jx

MAYBETOMORROW
18th August 2004, 11:45 PM
Kia Ora and welcome to the UB40 BB Rae!!

:cool: