PDA

View Full Version : PM NOTIFICATION

Skirge, The Chef
25th July 2004, 10:38 AM
I reckon we could do with a popup window when you join BB or login if you dont stay logged in
just to tell you that you have a PM, see loads of posts to people telling them they have been sent a pm, i know you can have an E-mail notification but php does support a popup window too..
just a thought

Dutchess
25th July 2004, 12:27 PM
Good thinking Skirge!! graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif

Bart
25th July 2004, 03:18 PM
That is what happens on Boston United website,you click cancel to open a new window to view message rather than going to your inbox via 3 other pages..

Good idea that one,esp if your email server is down like mine frequently is graemlins/laff.gif

Skirge, The Chef
25th July 2004, 04:14 PM
thanx guys :D
Bart wont matter about ya mail server, this will work just from your account with the BB as soon as u login the BB will give you a little popup window telling you that you have a PM you just click to read..

BRUMMY UB
25th July 2004, 11:07 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by [RwS]Skirge:
thanx guys :D
Bart wont matter about ya mail server, this will work just from your account with the BB as soon as u login the BB will give you a little popup window telling you that you have a PM you just click to read..<hr></blockquote>

CLEVER IDEA SKIRGE ;)

SummerSunShine
26th July 2004, 04:59 AM
Ughh,i hate popups

MAYBETOMORROW
27th July 2004, 07:57 AM
Good thinking Skirge!!!
:)

SummerSunShine
28th July 2004, 07:57 AM
Popups are EVIL.... :D

Waltjo
29th July 2004, 11:06 PM
Well, there was a whole load of posts about how to get rid of popups and you want to include them. I agree with you :mad: I hate em too :mad:

Twinkle
30th July 2004, 01:47 AM
Ur such a clever cookie skirge..........ahhh

:) :)

Skirge, The Chef
30th July 2004, 11:46 AM
LOL i love u pc noobs :D
it aint a popup to annoy or infect ya pc
its a tiny little window supported by this website to tell u that u have a PM.... tis all it is..

MAYBETOMORROW
11th August 2004, 07:22 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by [RwS]Skirge:
[b]LOL i love u pc noobs :)

yoyo
14th August 2004, 08:57 AM
you can get notification of a pm when you are on msn if you ask for one... cant remember how you do it but im sure someone can tell you... but i think a pop up on the bb would be good.. but what about those pop up blockers??? graemlins/laff.gif good luck from yoyo/j2b xx graemlins/friends.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif