PDA

View Full Version : moderators for the BB to help adam.

dkh
16th May 2004, 03:09 PM
as it has been suggested on the UB40 disscusion page, i too think it would be a great idea to have moderators to help adam on the site as he cant be here all the time.
it would help stop trouble makers coming on the site to just generally cause arguments and upset.
and i will take this oportunity..(if thats spelt right...lol) to offer my services.
:)

Mike.
17th May 2004, 11:31 AM
Ditto.

Skirge, The Chef
19th May 2004, 08:36 AM
Well i think that would depend on how much control they are gonna have, and i aint ever seen trouble makers on here i know there will have been in the past but people like that can only cause trouble if u answer them...

although i do think Adam could do with some help
he does seem to get inendated with requests for one thing or another :D

Mike.
19th May 2004, 11:37 AM
True. It could also cause friction between loonies. I mean, if somebody says something wrong, or a loonie mod sees it as unfit, differences in opinion could cause trouble. I think the mod's should be people we don't really know.

dkh
19th May 2004, 12:12 PM
good points but there has been a lot of idiots on these boards that have come pureley to cause (or try to cause) arguments and ill feeling.
although it would be great if everyone could ignore them and not reply to them,but thats harder said than done!! as has been proved on here on numerouse occasions before.
obviousley a moderator would have to keep within guidelines set down by adam and DEP,and also show a great degree of common sense.
it shouldn`t cause ill feeling between loonies as long as the loonies abide by the BB rules.
;)

Helena
19th May 2004, 12:52 PM
adam can't be on here all the time to see whats going on but in my experience, whenever theres been a problem, as soon as one of us sends him a quick e-mail he's on here straight away. It's when no-one bothers to let him know that it's caused problems in the past. graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

Skirge, The Chef
19th May 2004, 01:22 PM
Has Adam asked for help ?
coz he does a great job any way i know some people have waited a while for loonie status and icons in the past (me lol ) but well thats nothing major..

dkh
19th May 2004, 04:48 PM
without a doubt adam does a great job,i`m not in any way infering that he`s not but many hands make light work.
he did mention on a post (cant remember which one) that moderators have been on his mind in the past. :)

Rat In Mi Kitchen
30th August 2004, 01:17 PM
Without wishing to state the obvious, doesn't the BB already have moderators? Unless I'm seriously mistaken it's Paul, Faith and Margaret at DEP. Mind you, they probably have enough on their plates like Adam.

Just thought I'd bring it to your attention.

MAYBETOMORROW
31st August 2004, 02:14 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by DAZ:
without a doubt adam does a great job,i`m not in any way infering that he`s not but many hands make light work.
he did mention on a post (cant remember which one) that moderators have been on his mind in the past. :) <hr></blockquote>

I agree with you Daz :)

Degenerate
7th September 2004, 12:30 AM
see http://www.ub40.co.uk/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=000225 for reply

djx1561
14th October 2004, 08:30 PM
:roll: