PDA

View Full Version : Webcam

Skirge, The Chef
24th February 2004, 02:35 PM
How about a streaming webcam in DEP ?
dotn ahve to have audio, could even been looking outside to the entrance..
Webcams r so easy to stream now adays dont take alot of bandwith too
heres mine not an exciting view i know but i am gonna change it lol.......
http://82.39.34.29:8090/remote6/

Helena
24th February 2004, 03:00 PM
nice idea but don't think they'de go for it coz the mad girls from birmingham would be up there every five minutes every time they see a band member pull up :o

Skirge, The Chef
24th February 2004, 03:08 PM
LOL Good point didnt think of that
some self control needed i think by those brum tarts lol

sweetsensation
24th February 2004, 03:20 PM
That would be mad rofl, Helena please delete what u just posted and maybe they'll get one going graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/friends.gif

Michelle graemlins/love.gif

Jessica
24th February 2004, 03:32 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Helena:
nice idea but don't think they'de go for it coz the mad girls from birmingham would be up there every five minutes every time they see a band member pull up :o <hr></blockquote>

:D

Rachel~B
24th February 2004, 09:25 PM
:o speak for yourself :o i just happen to be in the right place at the right time :D meeting you graemlins/laff.gif

SOULRASTA
24th February 2004, 11:24 PM
i think that is a good idea as well but has every1 got a webcam graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif

Mike.
25th February 2004, 09:30 AM
graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

bt/ub40
26th February 2004, 07:51 PM
greetings...............as much as we LOVE you all..it would make our lives a bit like Big Brother....The Truman Show even..(how could we possibly pretend to our better halfs that we were at work instead of testing out Guiness for M15 ?)...I for one think that there is toooooooo much reality TV on already......but..if we did it could be turned into a tv show and called 'Spot the Norman' as we rarely see him lately or the ' Where the f*** is Mickey show' as he is another absentee.......you could even lay bets as to who will be the last in and how late they are when we have meetings /recording sessions..... :o sorry BT

bobby
26th February 2004, 07:55 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by bt/ub40:
' Where the f*** is Mickey show' as he is another absentee.. :o BT<hr></blockquote>

yea sorry bout that guys, he bin jammin wid me in the cold north of carlisle.

he be back later ;)

bt/ub40
26th February 2004, 07:57 PM
ps....just had a quick look..see you on the phone wearing yer footie shirt........technology is fanatastic is'nt it...i'm deffo going to have to get a camera fixed up at home..is it hard to do for apple mac..(i'm a total dim wit when it comes to techy stuff.....) any clues gratefully recieved.............Thanks skirge..BT

Rudie
26th February 2004, 08:08 PM
Good idea but,i dont any of us would ever move from screens waitin to see "what happens next?" graemlins/laff.gif

I spend far too much time on here as it is,that would defo be a 24/7 soap for us lot graemlins/laff.gif

Skirge, The Chef
26th February 2004, 08:27 PM
Hi Bt M8 :D
Thanx for taking the time to reply i understand what ya saying could be way out of control if u guys were live on the net.... leave it to people like me LOL

As for setting yuor own up its so easy m8 even on one of the bad bad mac's lol (sorry mac fans)

but just go get ya self a webcam any webcam u want, will tell u ont he box if its mac compatible, then u can get so many different kids of software that will bordcast u on the net
it works as yuor pc hosts the page the people can view, u can do it upload style from an ftp but if u r a pc novice we will leave that option alone...

the software i use is called tracker cam u can buy everything u need from them IE cam even a stand for the cam that viewers cam move to have a look around using your cam.

So if its somthing u would like to try BT then i would recomend buying the cam and everything from Trackercam web page (http://www.trackercam.com/index2.htm)
but u can get the software free from them and buy yuor own webcam from any pc shop...
if u go ahead and get stuck just shout me will be a honour to help ....

And great u took a peep at me was on the phone to my sis she is also huge UB40 fan :D
but u need any more advice on webcam hosting
my email addy is on my webcam page under the cam window...........peace ....Skirge

bt/ub40
27th February 2004, 12:37 PM
thansk skirge ..i'll check it out when i get the time.....have a good weekend...BT

Skirge, The Chef
27th February 2004, 01:45 PM
Ya welcome BT :D ...........i did a bit of research coz i am a Mac novice never used one but i do have friends in Belguim that r Mac freaks they reckon the best way to do it on a Mac is buy a webcam and use quicktime
u can get a quicktime broadcaster plugin that will do it for u u can find it here m8
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/products/broadcaster/

U enjoy ya weekend to and pop in see me cam i even have a chatroom hooked up for it now :D
cya.........Skirge

PS . sorry bout the typos i am registerd blind i type to fast for the litle eyesight i have and i never read it back ....

[ 27 February 2004: Message edited by: [RwS]Skirge ]</p>

Shiva
27th February 2004, 06:19 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by bt/ub40:
......but..if we did it could be turned into a tv show and called 'Spot the Norman' as we rarely see him lately or the ' Where the f*** is Mickey show' as he is another absentee.......<hr></blockquote>

LMAO....omg that really cracked me up.
:(

Skirge, The Chef
27th February 2004, 06:23 PM
Sorry some times the cam is down
doing other stuff,,,,,,,,,,,,its up alot though just keep checkin
and yeah BT cracked me up with that :D