View Full Version : WHATS SLASHDOT?

Helena
25th April 2003, 02:59 PM
what is it?

[ 25 April 2003: Message edited by: Helena ]</p>

swanie
25th April 2003, 03:03 PM
Hi Helena,
Read my post about "adam I have a great idea etc..." aprentice sourcerer came up with a great idea!!!!!

woefdramcx
25th April 2003, 03:11 PM
Check http://slashdot.org, (http://slashdot.org) and you know :D

It's a huge (very huge) bulletin board, which has had to deal with the same problems as this one. It's primarily about IT-related news (as stated clearly by the title "News for nerds, stuff that matters" :D ), technology, privacy and so on.

I referred to it to show you what can be done with a good moderation system. Would take a lot of work out of the hands of the administrators, while nobody can abuse his/her power, because everyone get to moderate only a very little bit.

But as for the vote... Swanie, I like the initiative, but I think it's way too early to start something like it. What would be nice in my eyes is a discussion about what we, BB members, would like and what not. I think I kicked off quite radically by pointing at Slashdot :roll:

Didn't mean to cause another fight, I just suggested something that could be a benefit for all of us.

graemlins/beer.gif

Helena
25th April 2003, 03:24 PM
thanks i'll check it out graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

swanie
25th April 2003, 03:30 PM
I don't think it's too early to vote because we have dealed with all this problems long enough now and DEP should take action at last.
You came up with A really great idea and they should now look for it.
And being very honest now...for me it feels like I am only talking to a wall(doesn't respond either,just like DEP.
Adam is the only one who respond but he can't do anything.
Maybe by voting we can show DEP what we really want in this and then maybe they take action.

I think they either should take another board like slashdot or take more moderators and then Payed ones just like they should pay Adam for it.
This is only my point of view.
Dianne