PDA

View Full Version : Message for ADAM

Mike
2nd January 2002, 06:04 PM
Hi Adam!
Great to hear that you had a good holiday. Happy New Year to you and yours!
In UB40 downloads you currently have "Rudie" instrumental but there is one problem, at about the 1 minute 12 second mark the bass level goes up to a point where it sounds distorted on the stereo and stays that way till the end of the track. It is impossible to miss, please let me know what can be done.
Also are ther any plans to put another track on there?
Thanks Adam, all the best,
Mike :cool:
"Canada Posse"

Degenerate
3rd January 2002, 11:13 AM
Hiya Mike,

Which download area is that? Got a URL?

Cheers.

graemlins/bouncered.gif

Mike
8th January 2002, 05:06 AM
Hi Adam!
Here it is www.ub40.co.uk/download (http://www.ub40.co.uk/download)
Also are there any plans to put something new there?
Thanks!
Mike

Degenerate
8th January 2002, 08:05 PM
I Don't see any problem with the download mike. Works fine here.

Yes there will be more downloads in the future...when I don't know.

Mike
8th January 2002, 10:48 PM
Hi Adam!
Yes it does work fine but the bass level does go up considerably at that point (before mentioned), resulting in an uneven recording. Tried it on two different computers and another board member also mentioned it. So it is there. Just went to check it on the stereo, the bass goes up at exactly 1 minute 13 seconds of the recording. Maybe you could not hear it on small computer speakers which do not put out the proper amount of bass?
I don't mean to be a bother but this download info is printed in the Cover Up album sleve and a lot of people will obviously use it, so having a bad recording will not reflect to well on the band.
Thanks,
Mike

Degenerate
9th January 2002, 11:09 AM
Okay...

I'll see what I can do to get another mp3 online.

Regards,

Adam

P.S. PC with subwoofer works fine... it's my ears that are faulty :D

bobby
13th January 2002, 08:39 PM
adam ...please look at the chatroom as im experiencing problems now and again. sometimes the graemlins dont work and the screen is freezing a lot since the *username entry* cheers mate :)

Degenerate
14th January 2002, 10:57 AM
I've noticed that the graemlins are a bit intermittent, but unfortunately most were designed for the BB and don't quite fit in with the specs for the chat room. One day I might get round to special ones for the chat room. The screen freezing might also be due to overuse of smilies...

graemlins/bouncered.gif