PDA

View Full Version : Probably a topic done before but here goes.

Dee Dee
30th March 2005, 07:28 AM
I want to know what your favourite UB40 record is, why and when you first got interested in the band.

Me?

Load and loads that I love but I guess "It's impossible" is my fav. Why? because the words are great and the song is beautiful (plus it holds memories for me).

First got into the band when my half-sister played me "1 in 10" and "the earth dies screaming".

Hooked! :D

MAYBETOMORROW
30th March 2005, 07:34 AM
I first became interested in UB40 music at age 11 when a neighbour was playing "Red Red Wine" really loud when we were having a game of street cricket!

I truly became a fan after my first concert in the late '80's.

Favourite song is difficult to choose as it differs from week to week! Watchdogs and Maybe Tomorrow are up there though!

:cool:

Nicky007
30th March 2005, 11:34 AM
I've been a fan for approx. 2 years now..not very long, but I'm only 17 years old, lol.

My favourite song is either 'Sing our own song' (great lyrics and a fantastic rhythm) or 'Baby come back' (It's so feel-good and up-tempo..I think only Ali and Robin sing that song and another singer, but he isn't in UB40)

graemlins/love.gif

sweetchilli
30th March 2005, 11:51 AM
That other singer would be Pato Banton :D

Nicky007
30th March 2005, 11:54 AM
Ah yes, that's the one! I just love that song!

Soames
30th March 2005, 04:49 PM
One of my favourite UB40 songs has to be ' Until my dying day'-I don'y actually know what it is about the song but it gives me such an adrenaline rush, as does 'Tell me is it true'

I first got into UB40 from the car journeys to germany to visit my nan. My dad had Promises and Lies on a tape and i knew all the words (this was when i was quite young- probably about 7?)

A few years passed and i still liked some of their more well known tunes, then my dad got us tickets for the Nottingham Ice Areana gig (December 6th 2003) i had such a brilliant night, and started listening to their earlier stuff. I can now say UB40 are my favourite band.

*Cookie*
30th March 2005, 05:32 PM
since i met you lady, have it as my ring tone just for rich, so whenever he rings me it plays, no matter how mad at him i am i always smile when it rings, :)

jahnus
30th March 2005, 06:45 PM
first time i saw them was on top pop when they released "food for tought" was only young then but some how i still remember

my first album i bought was labour of love and its played sooooooooo many times (i doubt if its still playing without the needle jumping around the scratches.......only from playing so much lol)

best memories ive got is from the album ub44
great summer of carying around a ghetto blaster

greetings jahnus graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif graemlins/bounce.gif

Dee Dee
31st March 2005, 08:09 AM
I was looking through my cd's and tapes earlier and agree, there are so many good tracks that I love, but there is one connection between them all - they all have that feel-good factor.

I don't know whether its the sound of the music, the lyrics, the voices or the whole combination but stick on UB40 and no matter what, its instant sunshine for me - even on the cloudiest or saddest day.

:cool:

31st March 2005, 01:43 PM
well i cant through the day without the 12" of maybe tomorrow played several times and very loud, but as for my fave record that changes all the time ;)

janicerose
31st March 2005, 10:07 PM
First got into them when a m8 had the 'signing off' record--rushed str8 out and bought it (on vinyl!!) and I've still got it!!! Was hooked str8 away!!!!!!! graemlins/love.gif

Grinner
31st March 2005, 11:06 PM
GOT 2,MANY RIVERS TO CROSS,THAT WAS MY FIRST MEETING WITH THE LADS,AND GROOVIN,PICKS ME UP WHEN I'M FEELING DOWN ;)

The Prisoner
31st March 2005, 11:09 PM
I bought 'Promises and Lies' on cassette in 1993 when i was 9 years old. My first ever record too.

Pris. graemlins/smokin.gif

Dees
1st April 2005, 12:18 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ThePrisoner:
[b]I bought 'Promises and Lies' on cassette in 1993 when i was 9 years old. My first ever record too.

Pris. :D :D :D

graemlins/love.gif Dees!