PDA

View Full Version : HELP

sweetsensation
16th August 2004, 01:23 AM
MY pc has been infected with not sure on spelling here matuba/matubu worm. Now my mouse is not working, don't know what to do??

Barely coping typing this keep missing how to post it :( I would like to get into my control panel and try system restore to an earlier datw to see if that works but cant work out how do do it with keys.

If you think you can help me my mobile number is 00353 876727181 text me any ideas if u can, don't know if I will be able to see replies here. if you cant text post them anyway , my sis can come on and view them and pass on your ideas.

thanks a mill,
Michelle

MAYBETOMORROW
16th August 2004, 01:31 AM
Hi Michelle!

Sorry to hear of your computer problems. Below is a link to an information page on the virus. I hope you can get some ideas from this on how to fix the problem.

http://ktp.e-isa.com/Viruses/W32.Matubu.a@MM.htm

graemlins/friends.gif

s n u f
16th August 2004, 01:45 AM
http://www2.palsol.com/spyrem_offer/index.html?hop=katy20
might be of some help hopefully michelle

16th August 2004, 10:25 AM
oh no Michelle, hows it going this morning?
any luck fixing it?

have you got a start key on your keyboard (one with a pic of the winsows logo on it)

Press that and use the cursers, really hope you fix it, have searched the net, but cant find a removal tool or anything for it, seems its a new worm, :(

will keep trying and text you with any info

lady M
16th August 2004, 01:40 PM
HOPE YOU GET IT FIXED SOON SHELL :(
BIG LOVE graemlins/love.gif
SHEL.

sweetsensation
16th August 2004, 03:34 PM
Have tried all your links here still not getting rid of it. Jayne done the one you text me aswell, no joy. My brother in law will have a look tomorrow nite see if he can do anything.
mmmmmm got this bloody EZ Firewall Lite Alert that keeps coming up asking me do I want to allow things to access the internet but I can't click on them and can't get rid of the big window it comes with either so can't read the screen very well. Cannot delete the firewall either as it starts automaticaly when i try to it says shut it down first arghhhhhhhhhhh.

This worm I have was in a file called 'Jenifer'. My sister is named Jennifer <<2 n's. SO I am thinking it could be something like what Rachel B got , she got an email from an addy almost like mine, maybe I opened something I thought was from my sis :( :confused: .

Gonna be bored senseless till I get rid now lol.

Anyone fancy a little party here at my house?

xxxxMichelle graemlins/love.gif

j59
16th August 2004, 03:43 PM
:D
love jx

paulaw
16th August 2004, 03:50 PM
Awwww Sorry Chelle......you'll get it sorted soon I'm sure.

:mad:

Did you mention a party?......count me in hun!
Thing is by the time I get there your puter will be fixed and the party will be over....lol

Love
Paula
graemlins/friends.gif

Skirge, The Chef
16th August 2004, 05:05 PM
Bummer nightmare worm u got there
try the online virus scan here see if it can remove it
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/com/activescan_principal.htm

but need the propper spelling of it if u can..

Or if u have got a system restore date set type this in the run command box
%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe
that command will run system restore but it will only work if u have a date set..

[ 16 August 2004: Message edited by: [RwS]Skirge ]</p>

Helena
16th August 2004, 05:19 PM
awww shel i only just read this. so sorry to hear about it and i hope you fix it soon. If theres anything at all that i can do just give me a call graemlins/friends.gif graemlins/love.gif graemlins/kiss.gif

singerman
16th August 2004, 09:18 PM
hi michelle, sorry to hear about your virus. i've just tried what jayne said, & u can get to system restore on the keyboard, the windows key is two to the right of the space bar key....press it, u then use the cursor direction keys to get to system restore, via start, then programmes, then accessories, then system tools, then system restore... sorry but i dont know much about comps, hope your system restore might put your virus into hibernation til u get to the bottom of it... good luck, rick.x graemlins/beer.gif

sweetsensation
16th August 2004, 11:43 PM
I have ran loads of virus checks now and none of them are showing anything :confused: .

All I would like now is for the cordless mouse to work. Wonder if I got a lend of a plug in mouse would it work? means i could try sort out this virus (if there is still one) much quicker.

Shel x x x

MAYBETOMORROW
16th August 2004, 11:45 PM
Hi Michelle!

Sorry to hear you haven't had much luck with the virus. I hope it gets better soon!

As for your invitation, I would love to come to your party, but the 24 hours of travelling might mean I will miss the event!! So please have a few drinks in my absence!!!

graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/beer.gif

sweetsensation
17th August 2004, 12:04 AM
Mouse has new batteries, but whatever happened last nite has infected the mouse hardware as far as i can tell. Earlier today i was getting a balloon from wizard telling me it had found new hardware and to click here to install it, but i couldn't work out how to get the cursers to it. I am using Alt and Tab to manouver around , hard work it is. Is there a way for me to get to the pop up balloon if it decides to show again?

sweetsensation
17th August 2004, 08:55 PM
mousey is alive :D

shel graemlins/love.gif

s n u f
17th August 2004, 08:57 PM
all hail the mouse
glad to hear things are better

sweetsensation
17th August 2004, 09:00 PM
Thanks snuffles :o he said I should try inserting the batteries in the right way next time :o

But i think maybe they were they just needed to be fiddled with ;)

Shel graemlins/love.gif

Skirge, The Chef
17th August 2004, 09:50 PM
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRFLMAO

s n u f
17th August 2004, 09:57 PM
batteries can be very complicated things :D
hope you don't need to replace any more sooon graemlins/friends.gif

Rachel~B
17th August 2004, 10:30 PM
wikked news shelly :p

Rachelxxx graemlins/kiss.gif

singerman
17th August 2004, 11:10 PM
graemlins/laff.gif brilliant news, rick.x graemlins/beer.gif

18th August 2004, 12:29 AM
brilliant news Michelle, but it will take me a week to recover from graemlins/laff.gif

graemlins/friends.gif

MAYBETOMORROW
18th August 2004, 12:31 AM
Great to see you are up and running again Shel!!!

graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bouncepurple.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif

sweetsensation
18th August 2004, 02:47 AM
I was tempted to delete this post but left it so u cud all laugh at me :D :p :confused:

MAYBETOMORROW
18th August 2004, 02:48 AM
We would never laugh AT you Shel.....

But we would laugh WITH you.....!!

:D graemlins/laff.gif

Jessica
18th August 2004, 09:31 AM
:D just read this post graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/bigwink.gif

paulaw
18th August 2004, 10:30 AM
Jayne told me the good news.....lol

All I can say is you are a very "SPECIAL" person Chelle!

:D ;)

Batteries wrong way round.......what next!....pmsl......Rushing out to buy ten o ladies.....I need lots!

:eek:

Paula
xxxxx

sweetsensation
18th August 2004, 01:24 PM
:D graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif