PDA

View Full Version : Funeral music...

da lisa
25th August 2003, 08:17 AM
Okay, it might be a bit morbid to talk about it, but I've been thinking about it last night and was actually wondering what you lot think about it...

For my own funeral I've already made a list with the music I would like to be played. The thing is that I don't want my family or friends to worry about something like that and I want this to resemble my life and likings.

So I was wondering what you guys think and if you have already made such a list, what music it would be.

Mine is:

- Dreamland Express - John Denver
- Schilderij - Guus Meeuwis (a Dutch singer)
- Many rivers to cross - UB40

And a couple more...

It might be a bit morbid, but it's good to think about it for yourself. Let them remember you the way you want them to be remembered. And something like My Way - Frank S. wouldn't resemble my life and thinking...

Loves,

Lisa

caja
25th August 2003, 10:25 AM
nout wrong with a lively topic on a monday !!
i wud have shaky singing "ewe dwive me cwazyyyyy"
chris xxxxx :D

j59
25th August 2003, 10:58 AM
graemlins/bouncepurple.gif I'm having my body left to medical
science , hadn't thought about a service........

I hear Hazz is going to have "Fangs for the memory" graemlins/laff.gif

love jx

Jon
25th August 2003, 11:41 AM
never actually thought about it, but i would like to get throught my wedding before i think about my funeral LMAO

Jon

da lisa
25th August 2003, 11:46 AM
I know, it's not actually a nice topic, but I don't want to bother my family or friends with it... They, hopefully, will be not too happy at that time... :roll:

Was just wondering coz I had a very inspiring conversation about it last Friday night... Okay, I was a bit drunk and a bit drugged out, but it still stayed in my brain the whole weekend. :eek:

Loves,

Lisa

Bart
25th August 2003, 01:23 PM
I am being cremated so ideal songs would be:

Burn Baby Burn
Feeling Hot Hot Hot
Light My Fire
Ashes To Ashes

graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

A.K.A. Dubmobile
25th August 2003, 01:30 PM
Good topic Lisa.
Tatjana and me have talked about these things and came up with this kind of music when i close my eyes for good;Impossible love-Three little birds and Friends(Peter Tosh).
But these are really my kind of tracks,wich i want my family and friends to hear,so they learn(finally)to understand,why my world is full of REGGAE!

TC.......Henny graemlins/friends.gif

Caz Vernon
25th August 2003, 10:30 PM
Well its tradition in my family to have amazing grace played at funerals, never knew why.. maybe one day I will but till then I should carry the tradition on eh.. tho which version? Robson & Jerome maybe lol

Chez xxx

j59
25th August 2003, 10:57 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by kathie:
i ain't having funeral music :) im sticken around 4 the disco afterwards lol<hr></blockquote>

:D
love Jx

da lisa
26th August 2003, 07:52 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by storyteller59:

:D
love Jx<hr></blockquote>

Might join you two for that one! :D :D :D

Loves,

Lisa

bothsidestory
27th August 2003, 01:01 AM
always said Many Rivers myself :)

bobby
27th August 2003, 08:40 PM
my whole family knows i want `impossible love` played at mine.
the i`ll be scattered over brunton park (carlisle united FC)

grim, but had to be sorted :)

da lisa
28th August 2003, 09:51 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by carlisle tyler:
my whole family knows i want `impossible love` played at mine.
the i`ll be scattered over brunton park (carlisle united FC)

grim, but had to be sorted :) <hr></blockquote>

Okay, you might have been taking the p!ss, but is that seriously possible to have your ashes scattered over the footy ground??? Can't imagine it's nice when a player takes a sliding and has all the ashes in their mouth, nose, ears etc.

Loves,

Lisa