PDA

View Full Version : boys toys/girls toys??????

swanie
30th June 2003, 10:06 PM
Just a question because I am wondering how other people think about it.

Last week I went to town and saw a little green car(toy) which I bought for my daughter(1 year)since everytime we go to my friends house the first thing she goes to is the cars of my friends son.

I think girls should also be able to play with boy toys and boys should be able to play with girls toys.
When Ashley was younger she always was playing with her brother's cars when he was at school and I also let Arun play with Ashley's dolls(he was about 3/4/5 that time)
when Ashley was about 2 she had a friend(boy)and always when he came he wanted to play with ashley's little pram(the one for her dolls)
This boy has grown out to a normal 10 year old boy and there is nothing wrong with him.

Do you think it is right for a girl to play with cars and for a boy to play with dolls?
Please answer because I really want to know how other people think about it.
Dianne

Rudie
30th June 2003, 10:16 PM
I think its perfectly fine for kids to play with each others toys,its part of life,thats how kids learn as far as i am concerned :D big graemlins/love.gif Cara xxxxxxxxxxxx

jacqueliene.
30th June 2003, 10:21 PM
I find it a normal thing why not?
For me I had a uncle who buy me cars and trains and even I got a motercycle little one on accu
and also had lot of barbie's and other dolls so why not if my daughter wants a car she gets it

graemlins/love.gif jacqueliene

NEPCHOON ROSE
30th June 2003, 10:26 PM
yeah nothing wrong with that. if it was not for my brother's action man, i would have not mastered my kung-fu chop :D :D graemlins/laff.gif

Nicola R
30th June 2003, 10:33 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr> Do you think it is right for a girl to play with cars and for a boy to play with dolls? <hr></blockquote>
Sure.......the boys are preparing themselves for later in life......when they get the 'real thing ' :)

singerman
30th June 2003, 10:34 PM
lol @ ann-marie, i loved my action men, had a lovely steve austin bionic man too :) rick.x ps dianne, no worries, other kids toys often seem more interesting anyway, its healthy stuff :)

swanie
1st July 2003, 08:34 AM
For me it is normal,I also played with my brother's cars and racetracks, but I was there in Intertoys with Tamiko and 1 woman was giving me some strange looks when I bought that car(it was obvious to see Tamiko was a girl,she wearing her pink dress that day)
And that is why I started wondering how other people would think about it.
thanks everyone for your replies,
Dianne

da lisa
1st July 2003, 09:17 AM
Hi Dianne!

Of course you should just do whatever you want to do! I mean, how could it cause any harm? And what if Tammy becomes a mechanic when she's older?

When I was a kiddy I had both dolls and cars, but I only played with the trucks & cars etc. I don't have any brothers or sisters, so all the toys I have are really mine. And I did turn out to be a pretty normal girl... (Well, at least I think so... graemlins/bigwink.gif )

Loves,

Lisa

Carlene Lydia
1st July 2003, 12:49 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by NEPTUNE ROSE:
[b]yeah nothing wrong with that. if it was not for my brother's action man, i would have not mastered my kung-fu chop :)

Caz
1st July 2003, 01:01 PM
Its perfectly fine, my 2 eldest (boy and girl) spent many hours when they were younger playing with Barbie, Actionman and cars in her room cos she had the big barbie house. I werent too impressed at having to pick it all up tho' :eek:

singerman
1st July 2003, 09:37 PM
graemlins/laff.gif rick.x