PDA

View Full Version : Remember the first ever?

Claudia
7th June 2003, 09:44 AM
.... book you have read?

Mine was "Uncle Tom's Cabin" , an outstanding book on American history.

My daughter Sarah (12) is reading it now, and I'm glad to see that it touches her deeply.
I wish for every parent to lead their child to this book, for it teaches not only how evil mankind is but also the deep respect towards people darker then yourself.

My book suggestion no. 2 would then be "Starchildren", it tells short stories by and from Jewish children from the star to starvation.

Have a good weekend all, and be glad that noone will ever sell your child. graemlins/smokin.gif

[ 07 June 2003: Message edited by: Claudia ]</p>

Jon
7th June 2003, 10:02 AM
awww thats sweet , the first book i ever read that was of a decent size and not a thin one would have been Mick Foleys Autobiography

Carlene Lydia
7th June 2003, 11:13 AM
If I remember correctly, the first book we were made to read in Primary School was Charlottes Web!!!!!! I've come a long way since that tho, I'm currently reading "Finding Fish", the Antwone Fisher story...... It's truly an amazing book to read......

:)

UB_Titch
8th June 2003, 05:19 AM
The first eve book i read was a parite one carn't remeber what it was called but the best every book i read was a Bob Marley book..
It was his life story writen by him mother it's got picture in that just make you go WOW
and the things she tells you about him.. i just amazing

graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/smokin.gif graemlins/bigwink.gif