PDA

View Full Version : My PC hates me, help please!!!

mozlongtime
11th April 2003, 07:40 PM
Some of you may be aware that my PC hates me, if you weren't, it does :D .Anyway, I'm having a bit of technical trouble and wondered if anyone could help. My connection keeps "Timing out", I've been to Properties on the Internet options tab and my "Ideal time before hanging up" is set at 24hrs and "redial if line is dropped" is checked.So why does my connection keep failing? :confused:

Anyone got any ideas???
Or Lager????

graemlins/smokin.gif graemlins/smokin.gif

Kazzy
11th April 2003, 07:47 PM
No Idea Moz...

<<<<<<<<<< But here'a a lager for ya lol

Kazzy
xx

Helena
11th April 2003, 07:48 PM
got plent of lager, bacadi breezers, archers, vodka, malibu tequila and wine here if you want any.

Sorry don't know anything about puters. :(

mozlongtime
11th April 2003, 07:50 PM
Thanks anyway guy's, where's the Lager Kazzy??? :confused:

mozlongtime
11th April 2003, 11:25 PM
Anyone know??? :(

Tandycat
12th April 2003, 06:17 AM
Well.... I'm FAR from being a wizard at such things, but I can tell you this...
On occasion my pc has done the same thing and it just turned out to be a bad connection. (I'm assuming you have a dial-up connection, and not cable or DSL?) Sometimes the phone lines get bogged down and overloaded and the system says (basically) "ah to hell wif it, I give up" If that's what's happening you can usually just disconnect (and maybe re-boot, that never hurts) and then dial on again 'til you get a good line. Certain times of the day (like early morning and after dinner) are more likely to have heavy traffic on the phone lines, so sometimes just waiting for an hour or so can help.
Now didn't that all sound completely credible?! I could be wrong, though - wouldn't be the first time! lol.

:p

Carlene Lydia
12th April 2003, 08:06 AM
Hey Moz.. if all the settings on your computer are set just fine, you may want to check the phone line itself... If there is the smallest of nicks in the line itself, it will continue to disconnect you..... Happened to me, and that's what it was...

Other than that, if you have call waiting on your phone, make sure that you don't have that on, as it will also drop your line off....

If your still having any dramas m8, drop me a line, and I'll give ya a hand....

:D

Here I Am
12th April 2003, 12:45 PM
if you get the solution to yr computer problem please let me know,,, or do computers pick and choose who they like ??? lmfao cos mine has hated me from year dot :( i get into the chatroom or try to e-mail and the damn thing disconnects !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

mozlongtime
13th April 2003, 02:30 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Tandycat:
Well.... I'm FAR from being a wizard at such things, but I can tell you this...
On occasion my pc has done the same thing and it just turned out to be a bad connection. (I'm assuming you have a dial-up connection, and not cable or DSL?) Sometimes the phone lines get bogged down and overloaded and the system says (basically) "ah to hell wif it, I give up" If that's what's happening you can usually just disconnect (and maybe re-boot, that never hurts) and then dial on again 'til you get a good line. Certain times of the day (like early morning and after dinner) are more likely to have heavy traffic on the phone lines, so sometimes just waiting for an hour or so can help.
Now didn't that all sound completely credible?! I could be wrong, though - wouldn't be the first time! lol.

:p <hr></blockquote>

So I have to buy a new boot? :roll:

mozlongtime
13th April 2003, 02:32 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Carlene:
Hey Moz.. if all the settings on your computer are set just fine, you may want to check the phone line itself... If there is the smallest of nicks in the line itself, it will continue to disconnect you..... Happened to me, and that's what it was...

Other than that, if you have call waiting on your phone, make sure that you don't have that on, as it will also drop your line off....

If your still having any dramas m8, drop me a line, and I'll give ya a hand....

:D <hr></blockquote>

Who's Nick????

Carlene Lydia
13th April 2003, 04:24 AM
graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif @ Moz...... Who's Nick...