PDA

View Full Version : YOUR FIRST SINGLE?????

johnnyredbull
12th March 2002, 10:34 PM
What was the first single you ever bought?
have you still got it?

Embarrasing as it may be, my first was Head Over Heels by...... wait for it........
Kevin Keegan.........
OH LORDY I JUST ADMITTED TO THAT
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Caz Vernon
12th March 2002, 10:37 PM
OK I'm about to loose any credibility I had

Shakin' Stevens Green Door (well it was aver 20 yrs ago)

First album was Super Trouper ABBA :o :o

STING
12th March 2002, 10:41 PM
the first one i ever bought myself was 'summertime city' by mike batt....i've still got it despite being burgled numerous times, don't know how it managed to escape but it did(is anyone surprised?) i had tons before then tho'. i remember me mum used to buy them for me..i would nag her all the time. once i demanded paper roses by marie osmond but they didn't have it so she brought me 'rosie' by don partridge(one man band type peep)....i was horrified at first, but soon got into it. me mum was very hip(still is) so i had plenty of decent tunes to play anyway!!

lol
sting
xxxxxxx :D :D :D

johnnyredbull
12th March 2002, 10:41 PM
most peolpe who post on this one will lose all street cred Chez Babe, you've still got to go some to beat mine though!!! :eek:

Caz Vernon
12th March 2002, 10:43 PM
Cheers mate I feel better now ... but shakin Stevens what was I thinking??
My excuse is that I was VERY young!!!!

Caz Vernon
12th March 2002, 10:51 PM
graemlins/smokin.gif graemlins/smokin.gif graemlins/smokin.gif

alliluvsmusic
12th March 2002, 10:51 PM
Hehehehehehe mine is the worst of all

YMCA by the village idiots.....cringe cringe lol graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

STING
12th March 2002, 10:55 PM
aw, i loved that ymca song...still fink it's class....not even slightly embarrassed!!

lol
sting
xxxxxx :D :D :D

Caz Vernon
12th March 2002, 10:58 PM
Wouldn't be seen dead dancing to YMCA ( I suppose that would be difficult to do). When it comes on I go off!!!!!!!!!!!

STING
12th March 2002, 11:00 PM
dint say i'd dance to it...might tap me toes a wee bit.....dancing? what's that then? isnt that kind of thing improper??

lol
sting
xxxxxxxx :D :D :D :D

Caz Vernon
12th March 2002, 11:03 PM
Depends how you do it Sting

johnnyredbull
12th March 2002, 11:39 PM
no one's best mine yet!!!!!!!! :eek:

Elaine
13th March 2002, 09:18 AM
I cant remember which one was first but when i was 9 i was into the Nolan Sisters ...and i had a few of their records ..... :D :roll: :roll:

graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif

Shabba67
13th March 2002, 11:27 AM
I bought 2 singles my first time...one being was "Relax" by Frankie goes to Hollywood and ...wait for it....if you laugh I'll die....."Nellie the Elephant" by the Toy Dolls!!!!! roflmao!!!

graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif graemlins/bounce.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif

NEPCHOON ROSE
13th March 2002, 01:16 PM
candy girl- new edition, please do not ask me why :D :D

Rat In Mi Kitchen
13th March 2002, 06:42 PM
I think mine was "To Be Or Not To Be" by Mel Brooks from the film of the same name where he's doing a play about the Nazis...
(do I hear a "Seig heil!"?)

Never mind losing street cred! I'm going further than that! I've got the song on MP3 now and I still like it! (good lyrics and the vid wasn't so bad!) This was BEFORE I got into the UBs! (circa 1983)

Rat In Mi Kitchen

Dubmobile
13th March 2002, 06:47 PM
"The right side won" by What Fun!
Remember that one? :roll:

Rudie
14th March 2002, 06:51 PM
ooohhh let me think the 1st record i bought was toyah wilcox "i want to free",remember it like it like it was yesterday....... :roll: :roll:

ausar
14th March 2002, 07:25 PM
Rat Trap by Boomtown Rats still a good 'un....heheheheheheheheh no skelingtons in my record closet!!!!!! :D ;)

ratcatcher
17th June 2006, 06:06 PM
Puppy Love by (damn I hate admitting this) Donny (Girly boy) Osmond.

It was turned into an ashtray around a year later :grin:

Bytheway2006
17th June 2006, 06:34 PM
Ratcatcher ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Why are you replying to posts from 4 years ago

Numpty

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Cheers

John
:beer: :beer: :beer:

Clubreggae
17th June 2006, 10:55 PM
dint say i'd dance to it...might tap me toes a wee bit.....dancing? what's that then? isnt that kind of thing improper??

lol
sting
xxxxxxxx :D :D :D :DOnly when the speakers are going flying across the room Stingy :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ratcatcher
18th June 2006, 12:48 AM
Ratcatcher ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Why are you replying to posts from 4 years ago

Numpty

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Cheers

John
:beer: :beer: :beer:
To show what goes around comes around... why kick off a "new" subject when this perfectly good one is still there?

And why this insulting reply? Numpty? says more about you than me, methinks! Why not just live and let live? :?