PDA

View Full Version : Whats in a name?

Clubreggae
27th August 2005, 06:53 PM
Some of us have rather questionable names dont we?The reason for mine is that Club Reggae was the first album i ever brought, i must have been around 13years old in the very early seventies, had heard a couple of reggae tunes in our local youth club and was hooked on the sound, i had to have more!! 10 years later i heard the UBs singing the music of my youth, from that day on i was intoxicated with them. :) So does your name mean anything special to you?? graemlins/friends.gif

samantha M
27th August 2005, 06:56 PM
yes its my name..........samantha M......
sorry not very thought provoking is it....maybe tomorrow i'll try again :(

NEPCHOON ROSE
27th August 2005, 06:58 PM
did mine coz i was bored one night...and it is pretty straight forward what my log in name is all about

*Cookie*
27th August 2005, 07:00 PM
have been a chef for 18 years, bout 9 years ago i went to work as a chef in a hotel, all the other chefs were men, they said a girl couldnt be called a chef?? !! :D

ruby
27th August 2005, 07:04 PM
well mine comes from eastenders!! was watchin the nite i joined, and that dirty rat johnny allan was on with his dughter ruby, but must admit do love the name, and it was name of one of backing singers 4 our ubS! graemlins/bigwink.gif

lickit
27th August 2005, 07:05 PM
cuz I like to lickit :p

ruby
27th August 2005, 07:19 PM
think we all no that!!! :eek: :eek: graemlins/bigwink.gif

Helena
27th August 2005, 07:46 PM
Mines a very long story. Helena is ......
My name :eek:

Cherry Campbell
27th August 2005, 07:51 PM
chose mine cos of the lucky lucky girl from the labour of love video..I SOwanted to be her for obvious reasons and my friend lisa has called me cherry for ages :o

Mick_f
27th August 2005, 08:07 PM
Mines simple to just my christian name with first letter of surname :D

gaynorubfan05
27th August 2005, 08:11 PM
gaynor is my name from birth
is ubfan
05 is the year i joined this board this year
gaynorubfan05

from gaynor :D

Ali Bongo
27th August 2005, 08:50 PM
ALI
for Campbell (or Mohammed....another hero)
BONGO
cuz I play geetar and keyboards........doh!!!
ALI BONGO
A really naff old magician guy who was a total prat.....errr....hang on ...... doh!!!

Seemed like a good idea at the time (4.30am???)

www.johnny2bad.biz (http://www.johnny2bad.biz)

Aaron Otang
27th August 2005, 09:02 PM
Mines is cause im hairy, and i love scwhinnging,and nannas :D :D Cheers aaron xxx

:roll: :roll: :roll:

[ 27 August 2005: Message edited by: Aaron Otang ]</p>

Rudie
27th August 2005, 09:05 PM
Obvious reason for my name .....

HOLD IT DOWN RUDIE,ENUFF IS ENUFF!"

Fantastic song ............. :p

BRUMMY UB
27th August 2005, 09:10 PM
i am a brummy and a ub40 fan so, er!!!! brummy ub :D

Clubreggae
27th August 2005, 09:22 PM
Just sorted the old vinyl 12" out, thought you might like to know what was on it:
Holly Holy
54-56 was my number
Double Barrel
Groovy Situation
Take a letter Maria
Wear you to the Ball
Rivers of Babylon
The law
Hitching a ride
Ineed your sweet inspiration
Montego Bay.

Ahhhhhh what i would give to be young again.
Reggae music cant refuse it!!! :) :) ;) graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/friends.gif

Just Bianca
27th August 2005, 10:33 PM
mmmmmm sorry i have not a lot of fantasy it is just my good old name :( graemlins/beer.gif

robs mrs fix it
27th August 2005, 10:51 PM
HMMMMM LOVE SONG MR FIX IT AND graemlins/love.gif ROBIN.

Eagle
27th August 2005, 11:33 PM
Mine is the first half of my surname - not very exciting I know

Big love

Jacki
:)

style jc
27th August 2005, 11:46 PM
i got mine from baggariddim cd style mk so i called myself style jc my name.. :) :)

ausiedeb
28th August 2005, 03:23 AM
ausiedeb... I delilberatly left out the extra S (Aussie) as I've only lived here for 8 years so.. I'm not 'officially' an Aussie because I was born in Brum and grew up in South Africa!.. howz that for confusion?... I got the "deb" right though! :D

graemlins/beer.gif

Seahorse
28th August 2005, 05:33 AM
Mine is simple again. I've always love seahorses :D

Mirna777
28th August 2005, 09:06 AM
Mirna is my Christian name...777 is my James bond number ha ha ha it's supposed to be 007 ah well, just a number I came up with when I was signing on elsewhere & so not to forget my username & password I started to use the same username and password on nearly everything :-)

not very original :roll:

:-)

sweetchilli
28th August 2005, 10:03 AM
I heard the boys enjoyed the occasional Spring roll with sweetchilli sauce and I wouldnt mind being dipped in :eek:

Grinner
28th August 2005, 01:22 PM
WHEN I FIRST MET MY HUSBAND SOME 27 YEARS AGO I WAS ALWAYS SMILING,SO HE NICKNAMED ME GRINNER,AND IT HAS STUCK.NOT THAT I SMILE HAS MUCH NOW :D

butler
28th August 2005, 01:39 PM
Chose mine coz I'm a but....ler

but one day I'm gonna be better, one day I gonna break free from the curse graemlins/laff.gif

STING
28th August 2005, 01:50 PM
i think mine's pretty straightforward. i used to be a huge police fan and had spiky blonde hair with a penchant for the lead singer. then ub came along and i ditched the police immediately(how fickle is that?) but the nick stuck. i actually went to see ub at milton keynes in 1980 and walked off when the police came on, as i was no longer interested! they were definitely second fiddle to the ub's ! :D :D :D

Clubreggae
28th August 2005, 10:11 PM
Come on!!With more than 7000 members, im sure theres more of you with a story to your name to tell ! :) graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/friends.gif

RIAZ
29th August 2005, 12:23 PM
me..just my first name.but maybe soon i'll be a little more adventurous...

Ghost
29th August 2005, 12:30 PM
I used to go into chat with the skull and cross bones at the time when you could change your user name and nobody would know who you were,and peeps would ask "who are you?" and i would say a ghost and it stuck.When i had the chance i changed my user name on the BB and had my Ubloonie icon made for me

sandyub404
29th August 2005, 01:12 PM
when i first joined the BB , and had to come up with a name,every one that i choose kept comming up that it was already being used,so i cracked the shits and come up with this one,cause i thought 'aint no bugger gonna have that name' and i was right.bloody wish i'd thought of something better though :roll: :roll:

Lord F
29th August 2005, 01:16 PM
I once had a long black trench coat i would wear to go out and when ever i walked into the pub my mates would say " here comes lord vader" cause of my height 6'4" and the coat/cape i just changed the vader to Fraser (surname) and shortened that to F :D

graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif

jahnus
29th August 2005, 03:05 PM
well my name is janus and once i started to play in a band(reggae ofcourse) i was still in scool and my teacher whom was also a huge reggae fan came up with the idea to put a H between my name making it jahnus since then when im on the comp or need a nick i use that and still make some music using it

greetings jahnus graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif graemlins/bounce.gif

HOMEGROWN BOY
29th August 2005, 03:50 PM
I joined the BB in February was calling myself Groovin but forgot my password and had to re-register.I was at the Homegrown concert in Glasgow in DEC 2003 and it was a night i will never forget,so hence the name Homegrown boy. graemlins/friends.gif

graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bouncegrey.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/smokin.gif

audrey1975
29th August 2005, 05:47 PM
mine is cos im an antiques collector.. i have a ver large collection of toby jugs so hence my name graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif

Nitroid 913
30th August 2005, 12:08 AM
Just wanted a name change and didnt really want me name on net...... :D

Groovy 40
30th August 2005, 01:37 AM
My name explains itself really, long story but here goes........ me & my mates had a nite in my local doin silly drinkin games (as u do) & we had 2 have a nickname 2 be in the "club" so i was called "Groovy Les" for 1 reason, it was because i was always playin UB choons & my mates said "u aint groovy" if u can make that 1 out, but it stuck & "Here I Am" :D graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/friends.gif graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif