PDA

View Full Version : Katie Melua..tin can at her feet

oLdbOi
24th August 2005, 02:28 PM
I Think It's Going To Rain Today

a feminine laid back, almost sleepy version...worth a listen... ;)

oLdbOi

a pale dead moon in the sky streaked with gray
human kindness is overflowing
and I think it's going to rain today

Groovy 40
24th August 2005, 02:31 PM
Where can i listen to it?? :D :D

Shabba67
24th August 2005, 04:45 PM
Lovely wee song even though Katie Melua makes me wanna rip all ma skin off ..... I kinda like Bette Midlers version from the 'Beaches' soundtrack (did I just say that outloud? Dinnae tell anyone k!!)

Shabba
xxxxxxxx

imported_Krista
24th August 2005, 04:50 PM
I have to admit I like Bette Midler's too.

Who is this Katie person. Have I never heard of her because I live in Canada, or because I have my head in the sand?

big love,
Krista

Shabba67
24th August 2005, 04:54 PM
Hi Krista

Katie Melua is a 'youngster' who's done pretty well in the 'new-age' Jazz world - you might have heard her big hit 'Closest thing to Crazy' from her album 'Call off the search'?

Think Bette Midlers version is called 'Think its going to rain again' ... dunno why, thats what it says on my album - again please do not repeat that i actually own the album!

Shabba
xxxxxxxx

Emma
24th August 2005, 05:06 PM
David Gray covered it too , it was a good version , obviously nothing is gonna beat the original .......... :D :D :D

UB40-Fan
24th August 2005, 05:08 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Emma:
David Gray covered it too , it was a good version , obviously nothing is gonna beat the original .......... :D :D :D <hr></blockquote>

Nah but UB40's cover was close ;)

Shabba67
24th August 2005, 05:20 PM
Lol @ Martjn

Shabs
xxxxxx

imported_Krista
24th August 2005, 06:41 PM
Thanks Shabba :cool: