PDA

View Full Version : Bringing up our kids the UB40 way

Eagle
21st August 2005, 02:09 PM
My daughter is 25 in December this year has therefore has been brought up with UB40 right from the begining - I first took her to see them at Milton Keynes and she has been to see them with me many times since. She is coming to the CdeP with me and to Wembley & hopefully some of the other concerts in December. I am now hoping that my 5 month old grandson is brought up in a similar fashion.

Big love

Jacki
:)

Cherry Campbell
21st August 2005, 02:43 PM
my 16 old son has been brought up hearing them constantly but is having none of it :D

Eagle
21st August 2005, 02:47 PM
Perhaps it is harder with boys - I need to double my efforts with my grandson!

Jacki

:)

RockSteady_Girl
21st August 2005, 03:20 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by cherry:
[b]my 16 old son has been brought up hearing them constantly but is having none of it :D
otherwise i probably wouldnt listen to the music i do now!!

*Cookie*
21st August 2005, 04:08 PM
my eldest is 16 on sept 9th and wants an mp3 player, and said quote "can you put all your UB40 tracks on it" thats my boy :D :D

Emma
21st August 2005, 04:13 PM
my 11 year isnt havin any of it either , its all 50 cent and greenday for him :D :D :D

Rudie
21st August 2005, 04:20 PM
My son Kadir is 7 and since the release of WYFF he is ub mad,singin away,had to get his own copy of WYFF aswell.

So when i booked tickets for the NEC gig on December 22nd i booked one for him aswell,he doesnt know he is going,he will find out when we get into the NEC ,i am sure he will be :D

ps. he has also let me know when he grows up he wants to be in UB40! graemlins/laff.gif

Emma
21st August 2005, 04:37 PM
ps. he has also let me know when he grows up he wants to be in UB40! :D

Waltjo
21st August 2005, 05:04 PM
My son 29 makes out he doesn't like UB40, yet when we went to Guilfest last year, he was dead chuffed cause he swears Ali Campbell looked straight at him :D her dad's got a new car!! an Astra, she's only four so this new car is a UB40 car cause it's called Astro. :D

[ 21 August 2005: Message edited by: Waltjo ]</p>

bAsS bOi 808
22nd August 2005, 11:11 AM
well i hear some kids here in hawaii talk about them. some of my friends do too(im 15 btw). theres even some rockers like me who at least appreciate them. but ive been listening to them from the beginning. :)

22nd August 2005, 11:21 AM
its nice to hear all of your stories, i have never given my daughter a choice ub40 all the time, i have never heard her complain though :D

Mick_f
22nd August 2005, 08:43 PM
I Have 4 kids 3 are all ub40 lovers and one says oh no every time she hears them(even though i catch her humming along lol)

Skirge, The Chef
22nd August 2005, 08:45 PM
Our kids are brainwashed with UB40 and will continue to be so until the governmetn agree to teach reggae in schools :D

ib40
22nd August 2005, 09:41 PM
All my kids have been born to UB40, grown up with it, and my youngest of 9 wants to come with me to a concert, so far I have said no, but my 17yr old has been to quite a few with me, the last being at cardiff route of kings, and my middle child can pick out a ub40 song when its played (like on eastenders the other day), so they are used to mums obsession and know thats all that is played in the car, and my hubbie is a ub40 convert. :D

Clubreggae
22nd August 2005, 09:47 PM
Hey hey hey, my names lucy n im 15, mi mom has let me loose on da boured n as 4 da ub's i used 2 luv off der new album bt shes killed it dat much since she bought it im beggin her 2 put da old tubunes bk on, yes yes they av got bear tunes n i luv em off. :) :D
Loadza luv Lucy XxXxXx

Julie Blue
22nd August 2005, 09:48 PM
My 10 year old - Molly woke up at 8am this morning complaining;" "I go to bed to UB40 and wake up to UB40" - then started singing along to Bling Bling :D

Clubreggae
23rd August 2005, 12:19 AM
OMG what is she saying, i did not bring her up to talk like this!! :roll: :roll: graemlins/friends.gif

viki
23rd August 2005, 12:11 PM
My son is 12 and he loves ub40, he's going to his first gig at wembley in december and he cant wait!!!! He's also signed himself up on here and was lucky enough to get a welcome from bt :D

It could of gone the other way though cos he has had them rammed down his throat since he was born and he's called Tyler!

My dad said he heard ub40 blaring from my 18 year old brothers bedroom the other night, so theres another successfull convert!!

Viki ;)

lorrafan
23rd August 2005, 12:43 PM
My boys are 9 and 10 and they both love UB40. I wouldn't have it any other way. When they were little they used to love dancing around the room to 'The Trains Coming, Baby'. They've both been to Ub concerts and the older one especially gets the hump if we don't take him. He was with us and RAH and will be coming to Wembley in December. It's his birthday a couple of days after so this is usually part of his birthday treat. Must say though we didn't let him come with us to Amsterdam this year (got to have some adult only time ;) graemlins/smokin.gif )

Grinner
23rd August 2005, 01:04 PM
MY GIRLS ARE 25,19,TWINS OF 16 AND 1 BOY OF 6,ONLY 2 LOVE THE UBS,NOT BAD I SUPPOSE. :D