PDA

View Full Version : More Ali from Q Magazine: Mention of Dub album also

Good Ambition
21st August 2005, 11:26 AM
This bit's taken from the article on Big Youth:
------------------------------------------------

In Birmingham it was Big Youth's 1980 lp, Reggae Gi Dem Dub, that struck home. Says UB40 founder and singer Ali Campbell: "We lived in Borsal Heath, South Birmingham. It was a predominantly West Indian, Asian and Irish area and a hotbed for reggae. We grew up on Dreadlocks Dread and Natty Cultural Dread but it was really Reggae Gi Dem Dub that sealed our fate. That album was the blueprint for the UB40 sound. It's the quintessential reggae lp. Even 25 years on we're still influenced by it, our latest album, The Summer Of Dub, is based around it.
-------------------------------------------------

[ 21 August 2005: Message edited by: Good Ambition ]</p>

Good Ambition
21st August 2005, 11:28 AM
ps.....anyone seen that Echoes interview yet?

simpleminds2005
22nd August 2005, 08:02 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Good Ambition:
ps.....anyone seen that Echoes interview yet?<hr></blockquote>

i cant find the mag any where !

where am i most likely to get it ?

the mag doesnt even have a website :(

Good Ambition
23rd August 2005, 11:09 AM
Wow, Bradford must be some hip city.....all these EXCLUSIVES I keep stumbling on. :D :D

Burden of shame
23rd August 2005, 11:19 AM
Doubt we'll ever see the Summer of DUB in the shops :roll:

oLdbOi
23rd August 2005, 11:28 AM
where there's a mention there must be smoke...lol... ;)

what a release that would be...grace our speakerboxes!

bOi...

Good Ambition
23rd August 2005, 11:33 AM
I'm just intrigued about which tracks'll be picked, me......the WYFF would sound great in dub, in pertikula....patikula....partycoola.....erm, thingumajig. :o

"I GOTTA TELL SOMEONE".....been feeling that one lately.....harmonies are bad! graemlins/smokin.gif

UBLutwyche
23rd August 2005, 11:33 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Good Ambition:
Even 25 years on we're still influenced by it, our latest album, The Summer Of Dub, is based around it.<hr></blockquote>

:D :D

Well its says 25 years later, so they must be planning sumfin :D It seems to have been retitled aswell "The Summer Of Dub" Hope this is true :D

oLdbOi
23rd August 2005, 11:47 AM
..maybe just the original idea of 14 tracks from cover up and homegrown albums...'summer dubs' being the working title...naming it as the 'Summer of Dub'

bOi

..chariots of dub.... ;)

Good Ambition
23rd August 2005, 11:59 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by oLdbOi:
[b]..maybe just the original idea of 14 tracks from cover up and homegrown albums...'summer dubs' being the working title...naming it as the 'Summer of Dub'

bOi

..chariots of dub.... :D

CHRONICles of Dub. graemlins/smokin.gif