PDA

View Full Version : London to Birmingham?

normansfan
20th August 2005, 05:37 PM
I was just wondering how long it would take to get from London to Birmingham (by car or the transit system)? A local college out here is hosting an international tour to London for the summer of 2006. Not sure what all the trip includes yet or how much it costs. What goes on in Birmingham in the summer. Anything to do with UB40? I guess it all depends on the guy's tour schedule.......

Big Love, Alisha :D

Ali Bongo
20th August 2005, 06:04 PM
Hi Alisha you REALLY thinking of coming over the pond??? WooHoooo!!!

London to Birmingham is about 121 miles so approx 2 hours by car straight up the motorway (freeway graemlins/smokin.gif ). Trains are very frequent but can be expensive unless you book in advance and take an off-peak time. By coach (bus graemlins/smokin.gif ) is incredibly cheap but takes a lot longer. Jeez if you're making the effort to come from PA we'll come down and pick you up from Heathrow ourselves girl!!!

Birmingham always has a lot going on and it's a great city anyway with plenty of live music (Johnny 2 Bad????)all types of music, clubs etc. the lot, loads of history, The Eagle & Tun of course to get your photo taken in!! Great Asian food.... and it's central to England... you can get to the coasts, or anywhere else very easily.

If it does happen....we'd be genuinely pleased to help you out, take you around, introduce you to Brum and all the great people we know here. Then there's everyone else here on the BB. Your feet wouldn't touch the floor I'm sure with offers of a room, transport, friendship big time.

JUST DECIDE NOW........DO IT.......ok? Paul x

normansfan
20th August 2005, 06:14 PM
That's so sweet Paul, thanks :) I'll have to look into the trip hosted by the college. But I'm thinking that's mostly just to London. It may costs a whole lot too. I wonder what the cost would be to just catch a flight to Birmingham.....can you do that? Hey, don't laugh, I've never been on a plane before :D You know I'd love to come see you all. Gosh, where would I stay......I know nothing about the town really. Except that UB40 is from there. I'll have to look into things and save up some money. I might be getting some money here soon anyway from a family member. How would I even spend my money over there. All I know is about US dollars! Help Paul....give me some info. I'm totally clueless when it comes to coverting money! It may not be till like next summer or something like that. Hey, maybe I could catch next years UB FanFest???? Would they have one in Sept. of 2006?

Big Love, Alisha graemlins/friends.gif

Ali Bongo
20th August 2005, 09:52 PM
ALISHA
sent you a PM...xxx

normansfan
20th August 2005, 09:54 PM

normansfan
20th August 2005, 09:57 PM
Hey Paul.....I didn't get the PM yet :( When did you send it?

Ali Bongo
20th August 2005, 10:29 PM
Finished it about 10 seconds ago!!! graemlins/smokin.gif

normansfan
20th August 2005, 10:49 PM
I got your PM boy!!!!! I sent ya one back. Thanks so much. I'm planning on Birmingham for next summer. Everyone keep your fingers crossed!

mozlongtime
22nd August 2005, 10:47 AM
I can do London to Birmingham in 1hr 10 mins (don't tell the Bill) :D
Did it in 45 mins once but a friend of mine who does some toasting was driving!!!!

:roll:

oLdbOi
22nd August 2005, 10:50 AM
1 hour 10..serious speed! ....usualy a 2 hour easy drive...reaching up in a 3.5 litre jag this fest...may make a difference... ;)

licklemore

bOi