PDA

View Full Version : This seller has 6 front row tickets

sweetsensation
20th August 2005, 12:01 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UB40-Tickets-Birmingham-22nd-Dec-FRONT-BLOCK-A-ROW-A_W0QQitemZ6554805494QQcategoryZ10049QQrdZ1QQcmdZV iewItem

He is offering them at 125 each, they sell direct at 32.50 with ticketmaster. So on each ticket he stands to earn 92.50. Mulitply that by 6 and this seller stands to make
555 !!

*Cookie*
20th August 2005, 12:03 PM
greed thats all it is hope he gets stuck with em :mad:

Rachel~B
20th August 2005, 12:06 PM
:roll:

sweetsensation
20th August 2005, 12:08 PM
Doesn't it just really get to you when they seem to be able to get these good seats with ease, yet are not even a fan :roll:

I know there are loads of fans who do not use the internet but wouldn't it be good if there were even some decent seats available exclusivly for members of this site :roll:

[ 20 August 2005: Message edited by: sweetsensation ]</p>

sweetsensation
20th August 2005, 12:09 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rachel.B:
:roll: <hr></blockquote>

I have no doubt Rachel
:roll: graemlins/laff.gif

20th August 2005, 12:10 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rachel.B:
[b] :( :(

Rachel~B
20th August 2005, 12:15 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sweetsensation:
[b]

I have no doubt Rachel
:D

sweetsensation
20th August 2005, 12:17 PM
I don't agree, I think he actually IS a BIG FKING KNOB, but I'm guessing he needs to get a grip :roll: :mad:

[ 20 August 2005: Message edited by: sweetsensation ]</p>

bt/ub40
20th August 2005, 12:18 PM
Greetings...what i want to know is how do these people get the tickets in the first place? it must be the ticket office that saves them back for the scalpers or even the ticket office themselves...i will make enquiries regards this as we strive to keep our tickets at a reasonable price,when you compare the prices of other concert tickets 50..60..100 some go even higher,believe me we are under pressure to raise our ticket prices but do our best to keep them reasonable. BT :(

Rachel~B
20th August 2005, 12:21 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by bt/ub40:
Greetings...what i want to know is how do these people get the tickets in the first place? it must be the ticket office that saves them back for the scalpers or even the ticket office themselves...i will make enquiries regards this as we strive to keep our tickets at a reasonable price,when you compare the prices of other concert tickets 50..60..100 some go even higher,believe me we are under pressure to raise our ticket prices but do our best to keep them reasonable. BT :( <hr></blockquote>

awe bless ya... ;)

NEPCHOON ROSE
20th August 2005, 12:22 PM
yeah this is a bit much :( as a person who loved to go to this as the last night is always the best......if they annouced the gig at the right time i would not b having a mard......so these leeches and ebay would be the last hope for the likes of moi.......would not pay that much for a ticket though :mad:

CazLuvsUBs
20th August 2005, 12:23 PM
It is unbelievable that people buy tickets at face value and sell them for such high prices. I emailed a seller a few weeks ago about Lee Evans tickets because we wanted to go and the face value of the ticket was 27 and he had them on as 110 buy it now for each bloody ticket!!! Luckily we managed to get some tickets through the venue in the end but these people are stopping genuine fans from getting good seats at any kind of gig be it music/comedy or anything else and it makes me soooooo mad! :mad: I don't think it is possible to stop it from happening though, not really sure how you would go about doing it!

Biglove
Caroline

graemlins/bounceblue.gif graemlins/bouncepurple.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif

sweetsensation
20th August 2005, 12:26 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by bt/ub40:
Greetings...what i want to know is how do these people get the tickets in the first place? it must be the ticket office that saves them back for the scalpers or even the ticket office themselves...i will make enquiries regards this as we strive to keep our tickets at a reasonable price,when you compare the prices of other concert tickets 50..60..100 some go even higher,believe me we are under pressure to raise our ticket prices but do our best to keep them reasonable. BT :( <hr></blockquote>

Hiya Brian, see this is exactly it. If this was the price of the ticket in the first place, well I know for a fact, I WOULD BUY and go to the gigs. But when it is an obvious TOUT,it would kill me to hand over that sort of money to them.

If this is the case, then by all means, UB40..up your prices,I'd much rather be paying you's

:D

Helena
20th August 2005, 12:34 PM
I heard the promotors receive backhanders from ticket touts who then get priority for each gig under that promotors care.

NEPCHOON ROSE
20th August 2005, 12:36 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Helena:
I heard the promotors receive backhanders from ticket touts who then get priority for each gig under that promotors care.<hr></blockquote>

flippin eck.....us mere mortals don't stand a chance then

bt/ub40
20th August 2005, 01:02 PM
greetings again..just recieved a call regarding these tickets on ebay..its assumed that the box office ticket sales staff reserve them for the touts (not the promotor,he's just as angry) or even buy and sell them themselves on ebay,problem is its impossible to prove as they can say they were bought on a credit card phone sale legitimately........ :( because this was an extra added date we missed the opportunity to reserve a 'fans only' booking day but i will do my best to make sure this does'nt happen again,we hate the idea of working for a ticket tout that is ripping off our friends :mad:
all i can say is DONT BUY THEM,LEAVE THE SEATS EMPTY AND MAKE MORE ROOM FOR YOURSELVES DOWN THE FRONT AND THE SCALPERS OUT OF POCKET and on that note i will say "have a great weekend" take care BT

elaine2005
20th August 2005, 01:04 PM
BAD SHI* :(
Business is Business.
BUT ... A CONMAN IS A CONMAN.
Seeing the deviding line is quite obvious imo.

Helena
20th August 2005, 01:15 PM
thanks for clearing that up brian. unfortunately these things just happen and not much any artist can do to prevent it. Ony thing that would help is if ebay laws change but then i imagine the touts would still find a way round it. :(

mamto3girls
20th August 2005, 01:15 PM
i go on ebay daily see thses being sold for various gigs my hubby bought my ticket @ our local other tours shop- ours includes the coach too, wich comes to 50 a ticket we prefer this as it saves finding lifts etc or my hubby taking time off work to take me drive home then come back for me plus this year my sis bought 1 (got skint sold it)so i bought it off her im taking my eldest daughter with me giving her it for her crimbo pressie no shes not a fan, but im sure s,hell have a night to remember as ive told her what my 1st gig was like (shes a greenday freak,bless only 13)stop these ppl from ripping us (that cant get to many gigs )OFF :mad:

elaine2005
20th August 2005, 01:17 PM
Thing that would worry me ( if buying on ebay / other auction sites ) how would you know they where the REAL DEAL ? .... BIG CHANCE TO TAKE.

Helena
20th August 2005, 01:20 PM
having said all that i do suppose selling them on ebay is a good facility for people as long as it's not abused like this. If someone buys a ticket for a gig that they find they can't go to and they can't sell it elsewhere then it's a great opportunity to get their money back. I suppose ebay can't make one rule for one and another for another though so they can only allow it or disallow it.

Ali Bongo
20th August 2005, 01:49 PM
That's the answer....... take Brian's guidance.
NEVER BUY AT CRIMINALY INFLATED prices!!!!
Theses bastads need to be frozen out of the game and the only way is to leave them with a fistful of unsold card in their grubby mitts.
I know it's tough to turn down a chance for front row seats to see the guys but this lousy trade that benefits NO-ONE but the greedy will carry on as long as there are buyers for them.

Surely technology can come up with a reservation system that does away with tickets? Book your seats, enter the venue with ID etc? OK it would slow down the entrance procedures but cut out the touts.

Ebay have to take the blame too for allowing this
filthy trade to continue. Why not impose a maximum 10%above face value for those who genuinely can't make the gig but want to recoup costs?

All credit to Brian for his stance on this matter. I'm sure the guys hate us getting ripped off as much as we do.

Perhaps one day we'll see a priority booking scheme for genuine fans introduced?

DO NOT BUY FROM TOUTS ..... EVER !!!! :mad:

UBLutwyche
20th August 2005, 02:03 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ali Bongo
20th August 2005, 02:10 PM
Just a thought......... is there any way someone could "buy" these tickets and not pay? probably too far away from the 21st to be effective but if they've still not been flogged nearer the time? A fake Ebay account, Cheque from the
Bank of Far Far Far Away?
Know any tame hackers could mangle his hard drive? Or any heavies could twist his nuts a few turns?

Brian's a pretty handy looking geezer.How about we start a "firm" and turn up at his door one foggy night??? :cool:

gaynorubfan05
20th August 2005, 02:10 PM
:mad: :mad:

from gaynor

Helena
20th August 2005, 02:14 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ali Bongo:
Just a thought......... is there any way someone could "buy" these tickets and not pay? probably too far away from the 21st to be effective but if they've still not been flogged nearer the time? A fake Ebay account, Cheque from the
Bank of Far Far Far Away?
Know any tame hackers could mangle his hard drive? Or any heavies could twist his nuts a few turns?

Brian's a pretty handy looking geezer.How about we start a "firm" and turn up at his door one foggy night??? :cool: <hr></blockquote>

when live 8 tickets were put on ebay people were bidding like 100,000,000 on them with no intent to pay. Could try something similar but i wouldn't like to risk getting negative feedback on my account or banned from ebay. And if you set up an account now you have to give bang details and your address etc so think it would be quite hard setting up a bogus one.

UBLutwyche
20th August 2005, 02:15 PM
LOL Ali....

I reckon we should set up a fake ebay account entitled "UBPolice" or summet....and put in a bid for say 100000, then just send him some monopoly money graemlins/laff.gif

sweetsensation
20th August 2005, 03:49 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sean Lutwyche:
LOL Ali....

I reckon we should set up a fake ebay account entitled "UBPolice" or summet....and put in a bid for say 100000, then just send him some monopoly money graemlins/laff.gif <hr></blockquote>

graemlins/laff.gif graemlins/laff.gif love that idea graemlins/laff.gif

Nitroid 913
20th August 2005, 05:20 PM
Them tickets could of been used by people who haven't managed to get tickets......thing is though once they have bought them they own them and can do as they please with them....... :roll:

Wassa
20th August 2005, 05:32 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Nitroid 913:
Them tickets could of been used by people who haven't managed to get tickets......thing is though once they have bought them they own them and can do as they please with them....... :roll: <hr></blockquote>

It`s not a point of them getting them and doing as they so wish, it`s more a point of some (numbnut) getting them by unfair means, i dont have a problem with say somebody getting 2X front row tickets and selling 1 to pay for a hotel ect, but these guy`s are buying tickets prolly through family that work at the booking office or backhanders and selling them on for profit taking the piss..

UBLutwyche
20th August 2005, 05:33 PM
Very true Gary :mad:

Rudie
20th August 2005, 05:53 PM
Its no wonder i can never manage to get a front row ticket when ******s like these are buyin em all before we even get a look in :(

sweetsensation
20th August 2005, 06:16 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Nitroid 913:
[b]Them tickets could of been used by people who haven't managed to get tickets......thing is though once they have bought them they own them and can do as they please with them....... :)

ib40
20th August 2005, 08:46 PM
This is something that makes my blood boil, I dont know how many times I have tried to get front row tickets, and never have, only to see them appear on ebay half an hour later. I so wish there was something that could be done, I know its not only done with ub40, but with any popular artist, band etc. I would never buy from them, not matter how good front row might be. Thats my rant over, will crawl back into my woodwork now :( :mad: :mad: :mad:

UB40IB32
20th August 2005, 08:48 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: this makes me so mad this person is ripping of people 125 pounds a ticket :eek:

Nitroid 913
21st August 2005, 04:17 PM
OK so they have got them by unfair means and they are making loads of profit on them and all that........is there anyting that can be done about it ?......judging by the replies no

Also who ever pays the 100 or whatever it is for the ticket must surely no that thats not the price they started out so if they wanna help the touts an pay that much let them carry on

graemlins/bounceblack.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceyellow.gif graemlins/bounce.gif

Emma
21st August 2005, 04:29 PM
its really bad this whole thing , i know but i was prepared to pay 100 for a CDP ticket off ebay , so i guess that makes me guilty :confused: :confused:

imported_cpj14
22nd August 2005, 01:23 PM
I booked mine when the 2nd date was released, in the past i have tried to book 6 tickets, and have been told they limit them - so there seems to be one rule for one, esp in this case, the cafe de paris tickets i think i would have paid money for them, as i was very deperate to win a pair, as it happens we cannot make the rescheduled date.

Thanks Brian at least you have cleared this up, as thats the bands loss of earnings as well.