PDA

View Full Version : Booked Out Recording Studio's, and Progressive Reggae

butler
25th June 2005, 02:00 PM
I just heard a copy of a phone interview done with Cat Coore (Third World) by a Melbourne D.J and one of the thing's he said that struck me the most was, that "In Jamaica the recording studios are basiclly booked 24/7 people recording track's all hours of the day and night"

just thought somone might like this, I wonder who has made waves at Oracabessa lately anyone know of some new artist's to keep an hear open for?

butler
25th June 2005, 02:14 PM
Come on your all not still obsessed with tickets are ya...

don't suppose theres any talk of another Select Cut's the tracks that did'nt make it on the first album....anyone

Rasta Roy
25th June 2005, 02:28 PM
Hi butler. Unfortunately, no ticket obsession here either. :D

butler
25th June 2005, 02:35 PM
Yeah cool, I got the Groundation album DUB from Hebrons Gate, not bad.

You like Queen Omega??

JorisJ
25th June 2005, 04:41 PM
I don't know if Oracabessa are around anymore. Maybe BT can enlighten us?

There could be a Volume 2 compilation in the pipeline? There are lots of tracks still in their archives including a full dub album remixed by B15 Project which includes "Since I Met You Lady" with Lady Saw (the same track UB40 later did for Cover Up but a garage/dub version).

Also tons of version of "Western End" (Big Up The Birmingham Crew) are there by Mr Vegas. Think all the material is "too old" now though, most were mixed in '98/'99 when the label just started, its not Jamaica's current music anymore and I think UK garage/2-step is kinda over too? I might be mistaken.

I have a few more mixes on white label and original Oracabessa 7" b-sides (a version of "Freak Break" named "Lollypop"). There's a few more Don Yute remixes out also done for Oracabessa. Would be cool to see those on cd sometime.

JJ

butler
26th June 2005, 03:46 AM
Excellent news Joris that is somthing to truly look forward to, BIG up's