PDA

View Full Version : BT - remember what you said about 1000 volts of Holt?

Burden of shame
24th June 2005, 02:33 PM
-that if you didnt have it under your arm when you were growing up...your clothes didnt look right?

Well I was wondering if you could recommend any other similar classic albums I should check out?

If any loonies know of any too please shout up.

Cheers

BOS

Helena
24th June 2005, 02:34 PM
Take That and Party - absoloute classic - still listen to it now graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

Burden of shame
24th June 2005, 02:35 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Helena:
[b]Take That and Party - absoloute classic - still listen to it now :D :p

Helena
24th June 2005, 02:39 PM
ahh but you can't beat a bit of Take That

Music of my youth it was :D

bt/ub40
24th June 2005, 02:41 PM
Greetings BOS...absolutely,now any of the 'Tightenen Up' volumes,really great compilation reggae/blue beat vinyl albums...they always had a bikini clad girl on the cover,different poses,sometimes topless :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: (back in the early 70's that was hardcore) i suggest you start looking for those,if you find 'Tighten up' albums check the rack because you will probably find other reggae jems..Ken Boothe 'Do the rocksteady' pure gold....good hunting..BT

Helena
24th June 2005, 02:43 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Helena:
Take That and Party - absoloute classic - still listen to it now graemlins/bouncegrey.gif <hr></blockquote>

But you could always start off with their greatest hits album. graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

Burden of shame
24th June 2005, 02:46 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by bt/ub40:
Greetings BOS...absolutely,now any of the 'Tightenen Up' volumes,really great compilation reggae/blue beat vinyl albums...they always had a bikini clad girl on the cover,different poses,sometimes topless :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: (back in the early 70's that was hardcore) i suggest you start looking for those,if you find 'Tighten up' albums check the rack because you will probably find other reggae jems..Ken Boothe 'Do the rocksteady' pure gold....good hunting..BT<hr></blockquote>

Brilliant cheers BT will have a mooch!!! - If you think of any more please hollar!

Thanks again!

BOS

lorrafan
24th June 2005, 03:11 PM
Funny topic as i've just bought 1000 volts of Holt for my husband for fathers day :D

bothsidestory
24th June 2005, 04:55 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by bt/ub40:
bikini clad girl on the cover...sometimes topless...check the rack<hr></blockquote>

nice turn of phrase ;)

Clubreggae
24th June 2005, 11:07 PM
Yes the Tighten Up Volumes were ace, Not forgetting the Straighten Up Series as well, also The Club Reggae collection of volumes too.Trojans greatest hits and Reggae Jamacia.Not a bad collection eh! for a white brummie to have under her arm every friday night nearly 35 years ago!Reggae Music cant refuse it! :) :)

rockin robot
25th June 2005, 01:28 AM
well when i was a lad (cue hovis music)the album under my arm was geffery morgan.
try hmv or virgin stores with a dedicated reggae section, a lot of tighten up and trojan stuff there.

tune in if ya rankin.

rr ;)

UBLutwyche
25th June 2005, 11:14 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Clubreggae:
Yes the Tighten Up Volumes were ace, Not forgetting the Straighten Up Series as well, also The Club Reggae collection of volumes too.Trojans greatest hits and Reggae Jamacia.Not a bad collection eh! for a white brummie to have under her arm every friday night nearly 35 years ago!Reggae Music cant refuse it! :) :) <hr></blockquote>

Oh yeah I ghot loads of the Trojan Box Sets, absolutely brilliant collection.

The Best Of UB40 - Volume One - if you don't have that under your arm then YOU don't look right :p graemlins/laff.gif

bt/ub40
25th June 2005, 11:21 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Clubreggae:
Yes the Tighten Up Volumes were ace, Not forgetting the Straighten Up Series as well, also The Club Reggae collection of volumes too.Trojans greatest hits and Reggae Jamacia.Not a bad collection eh! for a white brummie to have under her arm every friday night nearly 35 years ago!Reggae Music cant refuse it! :) :) <hr></blockquote>

GREAT STUFF....there you go BOS..any of these compilations will give you hours of reggae classics. Thanks Clubreggae for the reminders.BT

Good Ambition
25th June 2005, 11:49 AM
Tighten Up Volume 2...now that's what i REALLY call music....i was breast fed to that album.....and that's not a sly reference to the photy on the sleeve either. :D :D

[ 25 June 2005: Message edited by: Good Ambition ]</p>

Clubreggae
27th June 2005, 12:34 AM
WOW, thanks BT for commenting on my post! I still have all the old L.P.s alongside the huge stereo that we all used to dance around. Youre welcome to pop round and listen anytime. Now were really giving our age away, great innit? :) :)

Burden of shame
27th June 2005, 10:24 AM

GREAT STUFF....there you go BOS..any of these compilations will give you hours of reggae classics. Thanks Clubreggae for the reminders.BT<hr></blockquote>

Looking into it as we speak!!! Cheers BT & Clubreggae!!! :D

Clubreggae
27th June 2005, 11:30 AM
ENYOY :) :) graemlins/smokin.gif graemlins/smokin.gif