View Full Version : G8 or Cafe de Paris

samantha M
24th June 2005, 01:36 PM
What a difference 2billion Vs 400 people

So what are the differences for the band,whats the most nerve racking
what are difference in preparartion for them

bt/ub40
24th June 2005, 02:22 PM
Greetings Sam....good question :) right now the G8 2 Billion people TV/RADIO,200,000 live in hyde park gig is much easier as all we have to do is turn up and play (of course there will be a lttle nervous excitement) whereas this 4KIN private gig is turning out to be a nightmare..you may have noticed a little resentment lurking in the BB regards winners & losers ,which is a great shame :( of course if we thought we would inspire this kind of reaction we would have given the idea second thoughts but unless we play 2000 very small,intimate & private gigs then we will never please everyone ........there are only 300 tickets for this gig. anyway, right now the G8 gig is an easier prospect. make sure you give us a wave from Hyde Park i will be looking out for you...BT

samantha M
24th June 2005, 02:32 PM
hi Brian i must say that i won tickets yesterday for the Cafe de Paris and the response from the bb was so supportive
all week everyone has been hypering about it.
The genuine fans are only too pleased for us all to be going

If i know UB40 as of old you will love the party atmosphere at C DE P,i've been to a wedding ther..really will be a party.
Everybody has a UB record in the cupboard there will be loads of "realfans".....and i'll be as near the front at C de P to make sure its great

Iv'e only been on the bb for a couple of weeks.The atmosphere has been great
And as you said in one of your first replies to me ...you can't please all the people all the time.....there are alway idiots that spoil the fun....don't let it spoil yours or ours that have won

We all love UB40,what you do and say remember that please and ignore the the few...............!!!

Omodumbi II
24th June 2005, 02:32 PM
I'll be waving to you in Rotterdam, BT! :cool:

[ 24 June 2005: Message edited by: Omodumbi II ]</p>

sandyub404
24th June 2005, 03:28 PM
IT WAS A GRAND GESTURE ON THE BANDS BEHALF,GIVING THE FANS THIS CHANCE TO SEE YOU GUYS IN SUCH AN INTIMATE SETTING,AND I'M SURE THAT EVERYONE IS VERY PLEASED FOR ALL THE WINNERS ESP.SOME VERY DESERVING PEOPLE THAT HAVE HAD IT A BIT TUFF ,CANT PLEASE EVERYONE ALL THE TIME.YOU GO MAD TRYING!ENJOY BOTH GIGS BT.

:D :D

[ 24 June 2005: Message edited by: mumof4ub40fansinaus ]</p>

Rossy
24th June 2005, 03:42 PM
Hi Brian i think you chose the wrong word in resentment i think the majority of the folk was aprehensive about not getting a ticket as they knew they was gonna hurt.
I dont this you should take that as negativity i would try and flip them feelings into how much the band is loved and how disapointed folk are at not being able to attened.
Ok People handle these feelings the wrong way i too am Hurting deep but i have a role to play on the BB as i am a senior poster maybe 5 years ago i would have reacted different as some will maye point out.
I know it will be a great night and i am sure you may do more of these up and personal gigs if this is succsefull in the future.

Have a good weekend

Rossy :) :) :)

KEEP ON MOVING
25th June 2005, 06:09 AM
one of the best things about coming on the board is to read comments from you BT