PDA

View Full Version : Gig for members

Estee
24th June 2005, 12:26 PM
Well done to everyone who's got tickets to the Up Close and Personal show.

Made me think - I dare say it's been suggested before, but : How about a small gig for members only ?

Is it possible UB40 ?

Mick_f
24th June 2005, 12:38 PM
im sure i read a post from brian saying they just couldnt do it due to the cost of doing it and this is as close to doing it they could do :D welcome to the bb graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/bouncered.gif graemlins/bounceblue.gif

Poesiemau
24th June 2005, 12:46 PM
Unless of course someone wins the lottery and is willing to pay about eeeeeeeerrr 10 million bugs :D

Estee
24th June 2005, 01:05 PM
well I wasn't suggesting it should be free - and there's sponsorship isn't there ?

bt/ub40
24th June 2005, 03:35 PM
greetings...problem is there are 7753 members :eek:
BT

Helena
24th June 2005, 03:41 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by bt/ub40:
of course without the radio station sponsorship it would work out at about 750 quid per ticket
BT<hr></blockquote>

put me down for a ticket please bri. i'll start saving. graemlins/bouncegrey.gif

Estee
24th June 2005, 03:57 PM
Point taken !

What a shame though - especially as you have so many loyal members. And it's not every band who can do 25 years with them !

sandyub404
24th June 2005, 04:08 PM
WELCOME TO THE BB BY THE WAY. :)

lorrafan
24th June 2005, 04:09 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by bt/ub40:
[b]greetings...problem is there are 7753 members :D

One a Penny
24th June 2005, 04:14 PM
Would of thought that UB40 would have done a big open air gig in Birmingham this summer to celebrate the 25 years .......Must be some big parks and places around there...........

Estee
24th June 2005, 04:33 PM
Yes - and how about transmitting it live to, say, Cardiff and London etc - (BP sponsor these events for the Royal Opera House at the moment).

Those of us in London can have a picnic in Covent Garden Piazza !

MAYBETOMORROW
25th June 2005, 04:54 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Helena:
[b]put me down for a ticket please bri. i'll start saving. :)

Estee
25th June 2005, 08:39 PM
That's such fantastic support everyone ! I'd be there too with my 750 but Brian has a point - the band have to be paid too !!!

kingston-tyler
25th June 2005, 08:50 PM
Not just the band, theres the crew lighting sound hire of instruments etc, plus the cost of a venue and staff etc for the venue. Ok so you could say n.e.c but then soom loonies would be at the back and its not so intamate (sp) then. Ive seen wet wet wet do edwards no 7 in Birmingham many years ago and also inxs do the villa lesuire centre both of those were great because of the small venue a tour would ne a answear (carling acadamy in Brum for example) but im sure not possabe on cost abd would need to be bokked a year in advance as im sure the gigs later this yaer was.

Clubreggae
26th June 2005, 01:52 AM
its agreat idea in theory for us , but lets remember there are thousands and thousands of life long true fans of the band that do not use this Board either because they do not know about it or cant use a computer or dont have a computer.I for one was one of those until just recently. Ihave seen the band live many times at all the Birmingham Gigs they have ever done and often see the lads driving about town as i live in Brum. Ive got everything theyve ever done , cds, cassetes, vinyl, films. videos etc, and would not like to think that there was a gig going on for internet users only. It woundnt be fair.Nice idea but in our dreams i think. :)